What do you guys eat when at the movies?

Options

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I love the idea and actually thought of about 25 past movies it would have made instantly better.
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    It's two hours, not two days - I don't eat anything.

me neither! I can't stand hearing crunching/mouth sounds during a movie, even my own.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

me neither! I can't stand hearing crunching/mouth sounds during a movie, even my own.

So glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Last time we went to a movie, we could hear someone eating their popcorn from half the theater away. And it was a noisy kids movie, not a quiet drama. Drives me batty.
  • PrettyLilPixie
    Options
    Muddy Bears!!! The movie theater is the only place around here that I can find them. If I'm at the drive-in, I usually bring trail mix and iced tea or iced coffee because I have a hard time staying awake for all 3 films ha.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    eat-popcorn-3D.gif
  • JudithEssex
    JudithEssex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Medium popcorn (no extra butter) and a sparkling water (if they don't have that a diet soda - yuck, I know, but I only drink a few per YEAR - so...)

I also try top eat the popcorm silently! :) Its my own game. I do not go to the movies so frequently that this splurge is a problem.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Sod healthy, I don't go to the movies often so when I do, I share a popcorn with whoever I have gone with, or get some Ben and Jerry's.
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people need to eat at the movies? Anyway I just have a water if I am thirsty. Eat beforehand and you won't feel tempted to buy the super expensive food there.
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of limiting yourself everywhere you go. You can easily become "that person" if you always have to have healthy stuff. I'm not saying it's the right thing health-wise, but I'm all about eating popcorn and drinking soda at the movies. I will mix in water, or replace the soda with water if it's late or I think I have had too much, but other than that... go for it.

Just try and not go crazy eating a bucket of popcorn, multiple sodas, tons of candy, etc...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I workout before (burn about 700 calories) going and usually have:

2 hot dogs, small popcorn, nachos, a Milk Duds and a diet Coke. Yep you heard it right. It's about 2000 calories while I'm there.

Hit the gym again for a little more cardio (30 minutes) and instruct.

Then I have a light dinner.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people need to eat at the movies?

Because there's a screen in front of you, duh :) It's a Pavlovian response.
  • DoingItMyOwnWay
    Options
    I bring in a bottle of water. Sometimes, as a treat, I bring in a small cup of coffee. Usually just the water though.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eat before, bring your own water bottle, don't buy any of the ridiculously overpriced theater food/drink.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered raisins. Hey, it's fruit right? Sometimes when 'm behaving I'll put a bag of carrot sticks, dried fruit, or some kind of bar in my purse.
  • Karen918
    Karen918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always sneak stuff in my purse, mostly because I'm too cheap and the popcorn and soda is crazy expensive. Usually I have a bottle of water and a granola bar or small bag of something,

True story, I was in a theater one afternoon and saw a lady pulled 2 Starbucks Frappe's out of her purse.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    small popcorn with no added butter and water
  • hrshygrl00
    hrshygrl00 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I used to sneak in my own chocolate, sometimes twizzlers for my son. lol
    I dont eat anything in the movies, I don't buy anything from the concession.
    I might bring water occasionally.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options

For fellow MFP members! :laugh:
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I used to sneak in my own chocolate, sometimes twizzlers for my son. lol
    I dont eat anything in the movies, I don't buy anything from the concession.
    I might bring water occasionally.

Bloody concession stands are expensive xD rather pop over to the supermarket next door :bigsmile:
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    eat-popcorn-3D.gif

HAHAHA where do you find these pictures???