What do you guys eat when at the movies?

Options
123457»

Replies

• musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    I always sneak stuff in my purse, mostly because I'm too cheap and the popcorn and soda is crazy expensive. Usually I have a bottle of water and a granola bar or small bag of something,

True story, I was in a theater one afternoon and saw a lady pulled 2 Starbucks Frappe's out of her purse.

How did she pull that off without spilling??
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's two hours, not two days - I don't eat anything.
    I don't usually eat anything either, the movie is expensive enough! We eat dinner before we go and I'm just not hungry when we get there. If I do need a snack, I will pop my own popcorn at home, put it in a baggie and sneak it in who's really gonna know - it's dark
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, light butter. Sour Patch Kids are a must. Maybe a water or something.
  • musicmint
    Options
    I workout before (burn about 700 calories) going and usually have:

2 hot dogs, small popcorn, nachos, a Milk Duds and a diet Coke. Yep you heard it right. It's about 2000 calories while I'm there.

Hit the gym again for a little more cardio (30 minutes) and instruct.

Then I have a light dinner.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

rigghhht....lol
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Soda candy popcorn.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I bring fruit and veggies with me. I have been stopped about it a few times. I just tell them I am diabetic and they leave me a lone. I'm not diabetic.
  • slhodge78
    slhodge78 Posts: 16
    Options
    Chips and queso or a blue cheese burger or coconut ice cream and sometimes some maker's mark. The theater I go to (Alamo Drafthouse) has a full menu and waiters. Also, sometimes I don't eat anything at all.

Edit because I forgot the creme brulee.
  • musicmint
    Options
    I bring fruit and veggies with me. I have been stopped about it a few times. I just tell them I am diabetic and they leave me a lone. I'm not diabetic.

lol!!
  • thisgirlhere
    thisgirlhere Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough I usually go to the cinema to watch a movie. I hate having to listen to all the crunching, rustling and slurping of other people stuffing their faces when I'm watching a movie. Why do people need to eat during a 2 hour film? If if they haven't eaten all day and are starving why do they have to be so damned noisy about it and then leave the cinema littered with popcorn and empty packets? :huh: Radical thought ... if I want to go out to eat I'll go to a restaurant.

This - exactly this!

I hardly go to the cinema as I HATE listening to people slap food round their mouths and rustle packaging. I take in a small drink and that's IT.