Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mgiqacYT8f1ro2d43.gif
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Yeah, seems like it. Problem here was I was asking for new friends. I guess they didn't like how I asked, and I can see how I didn't come across well (hindsight and all that ). But still, some of what they're saying...yeesh. I want to stop looking but it's a train wreck there!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    They didn't have a Snickers bar lol.

But no really, they have their own opinions that they think it's right.

Great. Now, I want a Snickers. Thanks for that.
    I do have a Snickers Ice Cream Bar in the freezer. Hmmm...
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Cowards behind Keyboards, they would NEVER say any of the stuff they post in public
  • rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    People who post to these forums can be VERY brutal - I've learned that the hard way! :sad:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I posted something about an hour ago, and it seems quite a few forum readers did not appreciate what I said. But one of the responses was "Go **** yourself with a cactus". That just seemed unnecessary and what I said shouldn't have garnered anyone saying that. Nothing near that.

I've seen other people who post in the forums get beat up and it makes me wonder why people on here are so angry? I thought we were here to help each other out, not tear each other down.
    Well, if someone actually said that to you, you always have the option to report it. Shrug... It's the internet. People aren't nice.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Because they're hungry.

Haha! I was going to say the same thing!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Hangry...

1275905143_raging-midget.gif

Also, in for the pages and pages of gifs and memes that abound on the "mean people" threads.
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have never had that experience, sorry that you have. I do most of my posting in my group Truly Committed Boot Camp, so I guess I don't put myself out there enough to get negative feedback. I agree that if you don't have something constructive to say then don't say anything.

Tina

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12853-truly-committed-boot-camp
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's someone's lucky day.

feae80fb-938d-41e0-8a63-3c9aca73920a_zps23eba0f5.jpg
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Well said.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Don't feel like you actually have to go fck yourself with a cactus. You don't have to fck yourself at all. Or you can use something a little less...brutal.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I didnt like the way you asked but I stayed out of the other thread.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ltftviueZ21qhafj6.gif
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    They need a snickers bar. ;)

And now so do I.

Don't let it get to you. People can be mean sometimes.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Was it one of the "friends" you called out for being unsupportive jerks?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Yeah, seems like it. Problem here was I was asking for new friends. I guess they didn't like how I asked, and I can see how I didn't come across well (hindsight and all that ). But still, some of what they're saying...yeesh. I want to stop looking but it's a train wreck there!

Odd, thought you were bashing your friends for not giving you props... but didn't some of your friend list show up and call you out for the same thing?
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I posted something about an hour ago, and it seems quite a few forum readers did not appreciate what I said. But one of the responses was "Go **** yourself with a cactus". That just seemed unnecessary and what I said shouldn't have garnered anyone saying that. Nothing near that.

I've seen other people who post in the forums get beat up and it makes me wonder why people on here are so angry? I thought we were here to help each other out, not tear each other down.
    Well, if someone actually said that to you, you always have the option to report it. Shrug... It's the internet. People aren't nice.

I did, and you're right...but weight and weight loss is a sensitive topic all around. Seems like people would be tactful, if not nice in this arena.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stop acting so butthurt.....and there REALLY isn't any need to make a thread about it...is there? :laugh:
  • Jerrysdugan
    Jerrysdugan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks like they totally supported your rationale on how they aren't supportive.
This discussion has been closed.