Why are people on here angry?

Options

Replies

• julieharrell1
    julieharrell1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Some people lose a couple of pounds and suddenly they think they know everything.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i thought it was funny :)
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Yeah, seems like it. Problem here was I was asking for new friends. I guess they didn't like how I asked, and I can see how I didn't come across well (hindsight and all that ). But still, some of what they're saying...yeesh. I want to stop looking but it's a train wreck there!

Odd, thought you were bashing your friends for not giving you props... but didn't some of your friend list show up and call you out for the same thing?

I'll quote myself because it seems my question was overlooked, OP.

No, wasn't ignoring you, but I responded to another person that asked a similar question. It's not anyone from my friends list. Mostly, they don't log on regularly, and therefore don't notice anything that's going on.

So, you basically trash the people on your list.. while asking for new people?

Maybe I misread this:
    They don't notice anything I do anyway, so I'm alienating them how? You think they're gonna notice this? I don't...

Why do you keep them as friends if they don't fulfill their part of the friendship? Is it really necessary to openly call them out for not supporting you? Your methods don't really inspire me to want to be your friend. I would honestly rather you just cut me if you aren't satisfied with our friendship than to blast me in the forums. But good luck with that.

Is it really necessary for YOU to call ME out? You could EASILY have ignored my post. If you don't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that.

Just thought I'd bring to your attention something that my be preventing you from finding supportive friends. It's a two-way street, you know.

That is not your job...I appreciate what you are trying to do. I should be able to voice how I feel without criticisms or feeling like I said something wrong.

or maybe I didn't.

I certainly wouldn't wanna be on your friends list and come across a thread where you were bashing everyone... but hey, good luck with that.

Then don't be my friend...but all this research you're doing...what's the point? Do you have a job?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, you can borrow my copy of "How to win friends and influence people". I think you may need to read it.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Yeah, seems like it. Problem here was I was asking for new friends. I guess they didn't like how I asked, and I can see how I didn't come across well (hindsight and all that ). But still, some of what they're saying...yeesh. I want to stop looking but it's a train wreck there!

Odd, thought you were bashing your friends for not giving you props... but didn't some of your friend list show up and call you out for the same thing?

I'll quote myself because it seems my question was overlooked, OP.

No, wasn't ignoring you, but I responded to another person that asked a similar question. It's not anyone from my friends list. Mostly, they don't log on regularly, and therefore don't notice anything that's going on.

So, you basically trash the people on your list.. while asking for new people?

Maybe I misread this:
    They don't notice anything I do anyway, so I'm alienating them how? You think they're gonna notice this? I don't...

Why do you keep them as friends if they don't fulfill their part of the friendship? Is it really necessary to openly call them out for not supporting you? Your methods don't really inspire me to want to be your friend. I would honestly rather you just cut me if you aren't satisfied with our friendship than to blast me in the forums. But good luck with that.

Is it really necessary for YOU to call ME out? You could EASILY have ignored my post. If you don't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that.

Just thought I'd bring to your attention something that my be preventing you from finding supportive friends. It's a two-way street, you know.

That is not your job...I appreciate what you are trying to do. I should be able to voice how I feel without criticisms or feeling like I said something wrong.

or maybe I didn't.

I certainly wouldn't wanna be on your friends list and come across a thread where you were bashing everyone... but hey, good luck with that.

Then don't be my friend...but all this research you're doing...what's the point? Do you have a job?
    Research? It takes five minutes to look at a forum and even less time to spot a needy self-absorbed high maintenance hypocrite.

Sweet jesus, what a princess.
  • GCAlexa610
    GCAlexa610 Posts: 6
    Options
    Because the truth hurts! Add me. I def need more friends here. Would love the encouragement and of course will def encourage you as well.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

OP sounds very needy and high maintenance...needs lots of adda boys and what not...also, read through pretty quick and didn't see any "go **** yourself comments" I could see why her current friends would be pissed though.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, you can borrow my copy of "How to win friends and influence people". I think you may need to read it.

tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    First you post that your current friends suck, but if we are willing to lift you up and support you, we can be on your friends list..up until the point you deem us unworthy and you post a thread about how we suck.

THEN....you assume people are angry when they tell you what they think about your post. Yeah, that sounds about right.

However, I will say, you seem to be attracting the sheep you were looking for, so congrats on that. :flowerforyou:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Although I agree with the one poster about a lot of people on here being elitest jerks. After reading your post I understand why people are upset in this case. To ask for more friends is one thing, but to put your current friends down is another. I think you got what you deserve.

YOU DON"T PUT YOUR FRIENDS DOWN THIS TENDS TO MAKE PEOPLE ANGRY!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Because whining in the forums about unsupportive friends rather than just deleting them is so supportive, right?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Was it one of the "friends" you called out for being unsupportive jerks?

Sigh...nope, but thanks for asking. :-/

Yeah this was my first thought too. A little odd for a stranger to come out of the blue with that.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Drama Queen is DRAMATIC!

Shocking.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Because they're hungry.

And this leads to Starvation Mode.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/995509-starvation-mode
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Because they're hungry.
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    what did you post?
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Lmao I gotta use that...go f*** yourself with a cactus.
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    i git attacked a lot too. idk why tho. i am a nice person. but yet i git 10 people at one time jumping down my throat for no reason. my guess iz that theyre miserable in real life, so they come on here to vent. :ohwell:
  • Renee4joy
    Renee4joy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Dont forget that many people in these social networks are not "wrapped too tight" meaning they have a few screws loose...so no matter what you do...there will always be "haters" ..soooo with that in mind..dont let them get to you. THey are not worth it. Keep moving forward. Dont take it personal.
    :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    what did you post?

More or less that I need new friends because the ones b/c the ones I currently have aren't supportive. And now I need to **** myself with a cactus...

proof,or it didn't happen
This discussion has been closed.