Options
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Huge egos.
    Everyone thinks their right.
    They are hungry.
    They are mad they can't lose weight.
    Tired from to much exercise and not enough food.
    They have nothing else to do.
    Low self esteem or no spine so they have to bash people while hiding behind a screen.
    They hate their lives and want everyone else to be miserable.

Just laugh it off.
  • Stargrace2
    Stargrace2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The very first thing I thought in response is because they're hungry. =)

Honestly, there are some folks like this in every forum known to the internet. For whatever reason (I'm sure there are many). Best bet is to just pay more attention to how you personally act, because at least that is something you have control over. The others are not worth it. =)
  • Success1984
    Success1984 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing lurking around here. Alot of snarky clowns that probably don't have that same courage outside of the internet.
  • toddx318
    toddx318 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I posted something about an hour ago, and it seems quite a few forum readers did not appreciate what I said. But one of the responses was "Go **** yourself with a cactus". That just seemed unnecessary and what I said shouldn't have garnered anyone saying that. Nothing near that.

I've seen other people who post in the forums get beat up and it makes me wonder why people on here are so angry? I thought we were here to help each other out, not tear each other down.

That comment was inappropriate. I'd like to say just 1% of the MFP members are really just bitter, unhappy people. Most of us are on here to give and receive positive encouragement.
    I don't think the comment was off base at all. There are plenty of good people here, but there are also PLENTY of really elitist and mean people here too. 1% is way off base. 50:50 at best.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Yeah, seems like it. Problem here was I was asking for new friends. I guess they didn't like how I asked, and I can see how I didn't come across well (hindsight and all that ). But still, some of what they're saying...yeesh. I want to stop looking but it's a train wreck there!

Odd, thought you were bashing your friends for not giving you props... but didn't some of your friend list show up and call you out for the same thing?

I'll quote myself because it seems my question was overlooked, OP.

No, wasn't ignoring you, but I responded to another person that asked a similar question. It's not anyone from my friends list. Mostly, they don't log on regularly, and therefore don't notice anything that's going on.

So, you basically trash the people on your list.. while asking for new people?

Maybe I misread this:
    They don't notice anything I do anyway, so I'm alienating them how? You think they're gonna notice this? I don't...

Why do you keep them as friends if they don't fulfill their part of the friendship? Is it really necessary to openly call them out for not supporting you? Your methods don't really inspire me to want to be your friend. I would honestly rather you just cut me if you aren't satisfied with our friendship than to blast me in the forums. But good luck with that.

Is it really necessary for YOU to call ME out? You could EASILY have ignored my post. If you don't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that.

Just thought I'd bring to your attention something that my be preventing you from finding supportive friends. It's a two-way street, you know.

That is not your job...I appreciate what you are trying to do. I should be able to voice how I feel without criticisms or feeling like I said something wrong.

or maybe I didn't.

I certainly wouldn't wanna be on your friends list and come across a thread where you were bashing everyone... but hey, good luck with that.
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.
    [/quote

THIS ^^^^^
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    They're hungry and angry they're not losing weight.

They're hungry and angry despite losing weight.

They're generally angry people and being hungry magnifies their anger.

Take your pick.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    people seem to grow huge balls when it comes to the internet-face to face-NOT SO MUCH!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I posted something about an hour ago, and it seems quite a few forum readers did not appreciate what I said. But one of the responses was "Go **** yourself with a cactus". That just seemed unnecessary and what I said shouldn't have garnered anyone saying that. Nothing near that.

I've seen other people who post in the forums get beat up and it makes me wonder why people on here are so angry? I thought we were here to help each other out, not tear each other down.

That comment was inappropriate. I'd like to say just 1% of the MFP members are really just bitter, unhappy people. Most of us are on here to give and receive positive encouragement.
    I don't think the comment was off base at all. There are plenty of good people here, but there are also PLENTY of really elitist and mean people here too. 1% is way off base. 50:50 at best.

agreed.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I am angry because I have to wear clothes.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcmpn02hwj1qica6no1_400.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    "Go **** yourself with a cactus".

That's just rude!

Don't knock it 'till you try it...

45072yu90yu.gif

You don't know what you're missing...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Because most people are idiots.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    "Go **** yourself with a cactus".

That's just rude!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options

I just read thru your other thread and out of 3 pages of replies this ^ was just one. The majority offered to be your friend. Some other's simply commented their POV, and not in an 'angry' tone IMO.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    They are not angry. They are hangry.

hangry.jpg

:laugh: I Literally LOL'd Awesome!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am angry because I have to wear clothes.

Is it wrong, that now I am angry. Because you are angry?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    They are not angry... they just call stupid out when they see it. Thats all.

You cannot post a post like you did and expect people to be all warm and fuzzy... it just doesn't happen.
This discussion has been closed.