Why are people on here angry?

Options

Replies

• bass2be1
    bass2be1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    there will always be some who have to lash out.
    I wonder if that comment helped them to feel better.
    Normally this is a pretty supportive site and the people that I have come into
    contact with are great.
    Please don't be discouraged by a misnomer.
    hang in there.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Interesting post considering you obviously didn't take a moment to realize what she originally posted was that he friends suck and she can't ask them anything on her feed.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Some people get cranky in the afternoons when they haven't had a snack or their blood sugar gets a little low. You know what, this is just a forum on a website. It really doesn't matter what these complete strangers say. Some people have no heart.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    popcorn_yes.gif
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Because whining in the forums about unsupportive friends rather than just deleting them is so supportive, right?

I admit it. I delete people if they arent one of my friends that I regularily communicate with and the go a few weeks (unexplained) without logging in. The way I see it, is how can we support each other if you stop logging in. Anyways I would never knock my current friends in hope of finding new ones. I can understand looking for more friends that will give you more of what you need but to bash the ones currently supporting you! It doesn't make me want to sign up for the ops friend list but maybe it's just me.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Yeah, seems like it. Problem here was I was asking for new friends. I guess they didn't like how I asked, and I can see how I didn't come across well (hindsight and all that ). But still, some of what they're saying...yeesh. I want to stop looking but it's a train wreck there!

Odd, thought you were bashing your friends for not giving you props... but didn't some of your friend list show up and call you out for the same thing?

I'll quote myself because it seems my question was overlooked, OP.

No, wasn't ignoring you, but I responded to another person that asked a similar question. It's not anyone from my friends list. Mostly, they don't log on regularly, and therefore don't notice anything that's going on.

So, you basically trash the people on your list.. while asking for new people?

Maybe I misread this:
    They don't notice anything I do anyway, so I'm alienating them how? You think they're gonna notice this? I don't...

Why do you keep them as friends if they don't fulfill their part of the friendship? Is it really necessary to openly call them out for not supporting you? Your methods don't really inspire me to want to be your friend. I would honestly rather you just cut me if you aren't satisfied with our friendship than to blast me in the forums. But good luck with that.

Is it really necessary for YOU to call ME out? You could EASILY have ignored my post. If you don't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that.

Just thought I'd bring to your attention something that my be preventing you from finding supportive friends. It's a two-way street, you know.

That is not your job...I appreciate what you are trying to do. I should be able to voice how I feel without criticisms or feeling like I said something wrong.

or maybe I didn't.

I certainly wouldn't wanna be on your friends list and come across a thread where you were bashing everyone... but hey, good luck with that.

Then don't be my friend...but all this research you're doing...what's the point? Do you have a job?
    Research? It takes five minutes to look at a forum and even less time to spot a needy self-absorbed high maintenance hypocrite.

Sweet jesus, what a princess.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRtNVuOv1D9zWVDg9oKJxDC0FfR28ad8_Z1t8BXKWTzMR_o9G1
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Good Heavens! That certainly was uncalled for. Maybe that person really does need a snickers bar! You are welcome on my page.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Negative approach engenders negative responses. The vaaaast majority of posts on this website are positive.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear what they say about my crazy fat and calorie infested eating habits today...I'd probably share my snickers and snicker at them while they rant on! :)
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Interesting post considering you obviously didn't take a moment to realize what she originally posted was that he friends suck and she can't ask them anything on her feed.

Actually, I was responding to this post, I hadn't read the other post. She asked why people on MFP were so angry...it wasn't until several posts later that we learned her own feed wasn't being responsive.
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had such a bad experience. I saw the thread and think some people took it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of context. They chose to believe it was an attack against your current friends list when clearly you were just asking for supportive people to add you because your news feed was inactive. -.-

I think most of the things that were said were nasty and uncalled for.. but sadly thats the internet. Not many people give a stuff about others when they're behind the safety of a keyboard. Try to not let it get to you x
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I hate the friends I have, I need some new ones. Then if you new people don't please me, I'll delete you too!! I'm a great and supportive friend that way.
    beyonce-super-bowl-gif.gif
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I hate the friends I have, I need some new ones. Then if you new people don't please me, I'll delete you too!! I'm a great and supportive friend that way.
    FINE!!! UNFRIEND ME!!!! SEE IF I CARE!!!
    I never liked you anyway!

I'm sending you a cactus. You know what to do with it!!!

Jk :heart: :heart:
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options

This made me giggle. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    most people on your other post replied that they would fr you, or that you should fr them for support. Others identified that you're high maintenance because you require constant interaction and you can't seem to ask for new friends without bashing the ones you have. If you don't like your pals, purge and ask for new ones . . . there's no need to get all whiney about it.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had such a ****ty experience. I saw the thread and think some people took it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of context. They chose to believe it was an attack against your current friends list when clearly you were just asking for supportive people to add you because your news feed was inactive. -.-
    I think the problem came from the fact that she wasn't just asking for some new, supportive friends; she was also talking s**t about her current friends because they weren't coddling her enough for her liking. That's rude and didn't need to be done.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Momma said, "alligators are so angry because they got all them teeth but no toothbrush."

Win.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    FINE!!! UNFRIEND ME!!!! SEE IF I CARE!!!
    I never liked you anyway!

I'm sending you a cactus. You know what to do with it!!!

Jk :heart: :heart:

Heehee.... You're proposing, aren't you? We need to take that trip out west for the cactus.... and then......
This discussion has been closed.