Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    three words...get over it...
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So, OP is upset that people on the internet are mean to her?

nobody-is-special.jpg

Only because she was mean to her friends first lol.

I think we should get our moms involved to see who started it and to make sure they get punished for their sins!
  • joleenl
    Options
    three words...get over it...

She can't because she doesn't understand why bashing your friends is not cool! She got what she deserved!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    To answer the orginal question...because this forum is a cross section of society, and there mean people in society. My advice is to ignore them and continue to look for what you are looking for. (you can add me as a freind, but be warned, I'm not a cheerleader) But don't react to them...they love that and it only encourages them.

If you become her friend and don't cheerlead her then she will put a post in the forums about what a terrible friend you are. That's what this is all about, Her first post asked for friends and cut down her current friends for not cheerleading. This is her second thread where she is complaining about the people that her first post offensive.

Indeed, I just saw the original thread. Don't feed the attention seekers either.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options

I think we should get our moms involved to see who started it and to make sure they get punished for their sins!

She seems like the kind of gal that will never be satisfied unless she is getting constant attention.

Like she is getting from these threads. She LOVES the people who are supporting, and REALLY LOVES the haters because then she can play the victim!

Fun.
  • joleenl
    Options

She seems like the kind of gal that will never be satisfied unless she is getting constant attention.

Like she is getting from these threads. She LOVES the people who are supporting, and REALLY LOVES the haters because then she can play the victim!

Fun.

^^ Exactly. SO I SHOULD STOP GIVING HER THE ATTENTION THAT SHE SEEKS! LOL
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Ive found it is kind of the opposite. I usually see the broscience people get bashed. Regardless there are def some angry people on here, but thats the internet I guess.

I have posted on another (unrelated) forum since I was in College and it makes this place seem like a joyride. I think that has maybe conditioned me a bit more than people who are new to message boards.

First off...grats on the weight loss and love your ticker.

I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to this site and internet forums in general. But sometimes, the responses and general attitudes you get on here are both humorous and pitiful. The internet tough guys and trolls take the cake though. But nothing, and I say nothing is as brutal as WoW forums. Those MMORPG guys take their craft seriously :indifferent:

I disagree. Ever go over to the D3 forums? They make the WoW ones look like Candy Land.

This may be the case, a lot of people left WoW to play D3...on another note...Trade chat...discuss.

First thing I do when going into a new city is turn off trade chat. Too much noise. Unless the trivia bot is around, then that's amusing.

Barrens chat, on the other hand....well, that one's just too much of a train wreck to mute (at least, before Cata, when the Barrens was actually a decent-sized zone). http://www.jinx.com/p/world_of_warcraft_barrens_chat_t_shirt.html

I actually miss Barrens chat :( I haven't had the opportunity to play much of MoP...but I do smile when I see Thunderfury spams and anal <insert spell> spams...never thought I would say that...ever, but it makes me giggle now that I haven't played in some time.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This all went exactly as planned :bigsmile:
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    chunky people + not enough food =:mad:
  • sgtlee13
    sgtlee13 Posts: 66
    Options
    Because they're hungry.

The correct term is "hangry" I do believe.....

"hangry"
    love it!!

seriously...some people thrive on drama and anger (hanger?). let them go, while anger requires a whole lot of energy, I'm pretty sure it doesn't burn calories...
    unless your initial post was something like "Single, white, masochistic female; bored out of my mind in Arizona looking for suggestions on something to pass the time..." that reply resembled nothing even close to appropriate.
    I'd say you're right, you need new "friends" :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

nobody-is-special.jpg

But I am!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You should have addressed your concerns with your friends directly instead of throwing them under the bus on the open forums. You could have just posted a request for new friends without bashing them. You could have just quietly deleted the ones who aren't giving you enough attention. You totally brought this on yourself and the fact that you are now butthurt is ridiculous.

Please...don't add me.
  • Shirlls123
    Shirlls123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The 'go f**k yourself with a cactus' response was uncalled for, but I have to say, you didn't exactly cover yourself in glory with your original post. I've learned that you need to have a thick skin for using internet forums at the best of times, but you can't expect no negative responses at all to your original post.

There are better ways of going about it, like deleting those you feel there isn't much point of being on your list, and posting a more constructive thread asking for support and make a point of highlighting you are looking for active encouragement from your friends?

I wouldn't take it personally that people don't respond even if it does annoy you, some people comment on their friends posts and others don't, it's just about how everyone chooses to use this site. I go through phases of commenting and then a phase of not, however I wouldn't like to read a thread from a 'friend' labelling me as among 'the most unsupportive friends ever'.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    what did you post?

More or less that I need new friends because the ones b/c the ones I currently have aren't supportive. And now I need to **** myself with a cactus...

Well I mean if you posted it in a hostile manner or you aren't being supportive back and these people who were posting on the forum were people you were sort of complaining about I wouldnt' blame them for being pissed off at you....I mean yeah that comment was a bit harsh but was it someone who was one of these people being unsupportive? they could have seen it as an attack on them.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've got a cactus in my office
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    Because they're hungry.

I was thinking the same thing ROFLLMBO!!!!! I agree!!!
    \

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    nasty,angry hungry people all over the place.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    nasty,angry hungry people all over the place.

Those nasty little hobbitses!
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Is that cactus thing a cardio or a strength training? And how many calories per minute? Because if it would work I might try it. But if not, take what you want and leave the rest........ Just because someone wants to get in shape doesn't mean that they were nice to start with. Mean people have health issues, too.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Is that cactus thing a cardio or a strength training? And how many calories per minute?
    Depends on the position.
This discussion has been closed.