- Chopped, toasted nuts - pecan or almond
    - Cinnamon
    - Nutmeg
    - Brown sugar
    - Pinch of salt
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    60g Scots porrage oats, 300ml skinny milk, 150ml water. 3 or 4 strawberries. Microwave for 5 mins. huge bowl of happiness at the weekend after walking the dog. ;)
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Can i just say we just don't have that phrase "to fix" to mean "to prepare food" in the UK, it's cute lol.
    Anyway, i like mine with a mashed banana and a splodge of honey. Yummy!
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I add a teaspoon of brown sugar and a sprinkle of oatmeal. Then I add fruit. This morning it was bananas (my favorite). If you add blueberries, it tastes like a blueberry muffin!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I like a couple-three tablespoons of pumpkin in it...with some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spices. So good. I also make steel cut oats in the crock pot with vanilla almond milk. delish!
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of some old fashion oat meal
    cut up some strawberries and bananas,
    tablespoon of brown sugar
    sprinkle on some cinnamon
    add 1/3 cup of skim milk
    mix it all up and pop it in a microwave for 1 to 1:30 minutes

and bam! quick and easy tasty oatmeal
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats, Madras curry powder, caramelized onions, salt, and a splash of olive oil (optional) It's not in the recipe, but I add raisins.

Found this recipe online and I've never looked back. Haven't had it in awhile. Might have to make it for tomorrow.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Put it in the blender add some milk and chug it down
  • kellyp911
    kellyp911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love cooking oats (wegman's or walmart brand because they are cheaper than Quaker) in unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Toss in raisins or fresh fruit. I take the milk in a microwave container & measure out the dry oats. I then toss whatever I am going to add (brown sugar & blueberries are my favorite) in a separate bag. I combine the milk & oats, nuke it for 1-2 minutes, then once done, toss in the fruit. Enjoy. Kelly
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I gave up oatmeal and started using ground flax instead. Tasty on its own and is as fast as instant oatmeal -- I just pour boiling water over it and stir until it thickens. :D
  • kellyp911
    kellyp911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin in my oatmeal sounds soooooooooo yummy. I am trying this tomorrow!!! Thank you for the great idea.
  • janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    Options
    On Sunday afternoons I make 10 servings of steel cut oats in the slow cooker then pre-portion for my husband and I that way we have breakfast each morning to grab and go. Lately I've been adding mashed/ripe bananas, cinnamon and using unsweetened almond milk instead of water.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Not very healthy, but I use butter and brown sugar. Horrid of me, I know.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    1/2 c Old fashioned oats cooked in water. Add in slivered almonds, dried cranberries/blueberries, one pack splenda, top with almond milk.
  • tinypastels
    tinypastels Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with truvia and cinnamon! Cinnamon is so good for you. I sweeten it only to counteract the bitterness. The more plain is best, because personally, I'd rather save my sweets and calories for evening time!! I love eating it as a blob on a plate, and eating around the edges. I make old fashioned oats and have them boil for 5 minutes, and when 2 minutes are remaining I add quick oats to firm up the texture. No milk or anything, just one plain blob on a plate! The most filling way to eat it.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Coccoa powder, coffee ground, cinnamon and sweetener, then add chia seeds. Then add water and a bit of milk for the creamier effect. Heat in the microwave. Put it in the fridge to solidy until breakfast the next morning. Then in the morning I reheat it in the microwave then I add a bit of organic peanut butter & organic chocolate and hazelnut spread. Then I add chopped banana, strawberries and a bit of honey.

JUST HEAVEN.
  • Raven1580
    Raven1580 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put coconut milk & mangos or bananas
  • carinaut
    carinaut Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    On skinnytaste.com there are some delicious recipes for baked oatmeal, it takes some time to make but you make like six servings at once and then heat it up everyday. I tried the banana-blueberry one and it was really good.
  • 76hellokitty
    Options
    I don't cook mine either. I put the oats, almond milk, apple, cinnamon, and stevia in the smoothie maker. My boss got me hooked on it. Calls it her 'apple pie smoothie'. Hubby mixes his oats with flax seed, almond milk, and honey and then eats it cold. Looks like barf to me but he seems to like it. :)
  • Jsmay97
    Jsmay97 Posts: 1
    Options
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1tbs of honey, 2tbs of unsweetened almond milk, a little bit of salt, cinnamon and vanilla, 1/2 banana. Mix together, put in a ramekin or other small baking dish and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Sometimes I add some ground flax or PB2. I love the texture of baked oatmeal.