It's a fad diet if...

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    wow. I guess ketosis really does make you irritable. :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway - it's better not to feed the trolls...:huh:

some folks just love to argue. :ohwell:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    wow. I guess ketosis really does make you irritable. :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am not irritable, I am tired of people bashing the low carb lifestyle and it is not cool. Most of the time people that are following low carb are eating an all natural eating plan and eating far more healthy than the majoirty of the "low fat" people that think it is ok to eat processed and chemical laden foods.

And, I am far from being a troll.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    July, I guess I just dont see how anyone is "bashing" low carb. Your fellow low-carbers dont seem to feel threatened or the need to debate their life choices, why do you? Telling us how clean and natural you eat doesnt necessarily make your lifestyle "better" than anyone else's. It just means that you may have found what works for you...and that is great! Keep it up! I hope it continues to work for you long-term. I guess I dont see why you feel the need to "bash" the entrie MFP population in order to prove your point. The original post made BRIEF mention of the low-carb fad. It was not designed to ridicule people who follow that type of lifestyle.
    I think people here are truly trying to HELP YOU get your point across in a nicer manner, rather than running through posts, waving a flag and screaming "YOURE ALL BASHING ME! YOURE WRONG!" and then blaming the lack of context in internet message boards.
    I would be more likely to listen to wha tyou had to say if you were a little less emotional about it, and slightly more factual.

Oh, and the Burger King cheeseburger does seem a little contradictory to almost everything you have said, which could also be a giant reason why youve lost some crediibility here. Just a thought.

(edited to add "not designed"...whoops!)
  • katbass
    And your last post made me think perhaps you should call your lifestyle an "All Natural" lifestyle, as opposed to a "Low Carb" lifestyle. Its just semantics, (you can call is a Cotton Candy lifestyle for all I care..), but it sounds as thought it might describe your food choices better than "low carb", and it would likely cause you less stress since people here on MFP dont tend to "bash" "All Natural" the way you feel they bash "Low Carb". ??
  • July24Lioness
    July, I guess I just dont see how anyone is "bashing" low carb. Your fellow low-carbers dont seem to feel threatened or the need to debate their life choices, why do you? Telling us how clean and natural you eat doesnt necessarily make your lifestyle "better" than anyone else's. It just means that you may have found what works for you...and that is great! Keep it up! I hope it continues to work for you long-term. I guess I dont see why you feel the need to "bash" the entrie MFP population in order to prove your point. The original post made BRIEF mention of the low-carb fad. It was designed to ridicule people who follow that type of lifestyle.
    I think people here are truly trying to HELP YOU get your point across in a nicer manner, rather than running through posts, waving a flag and screaming "YOURE ALL BASHING ME! YOURE WRONG!" and then blaming the lack of context in internet message boards.
    I would be more likely to listen to wha tyou had to say if you were a little less emotional about it, and slightly more factual.

Oh, and the Burger King cheeseburger does seem a little contradictory to almost everything you have said, which could also be a giant reason why youve lost some crediibility here. Just a thought.

The burger king cheeseburgers were bought when I had eaten the food I brought to work with me and I had run out of food and gotten hungry again. it is not something I do everyday, not even something I do every week. For some reason, some days I am hungrier than others so the fat and protein in those bunless burgers were enough to fill me up until I got home.

Even the cleanest of eaters run into times where they must improvise, that doesn't make me uncredible in the least. That makes me human.

And you just joined this site in January, I have been bashed constantly for the past year.

And I shouldn't have to say I eat "all natural" when I am a low carber. Yes, basically it is the same in theory.............However, I have a structured plan that I follow and I should be able to talk about it as freely as the next person does on this site.

I don't bash people because they are eating cereals that they would believe are healthy, I merely point out there are better options, such as steel cut oats, etc..............I don't expect and won't accept the Low Carb Lifestyle being talked about in such a manner either.

And for the record, I have posted much, much factual and credible information on this board. It has helped many people, they just don't openly acknowledge it as they fear being bashed themselves. I get many PM's in support of me speaking out.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    July, I guess I just dont see how anyone is "bashing" low carb. Your fellow low-carbers dont seem to feel threatened or the need to debate their life choices, why do you? Telling us how clean and natural you eat doesnt necessarily make your lifestyle "better" than anyone else's. It just means that you may have found what works for you...and that is great! Keep it up! I hope it continues to work for you long-term. I guess I dont see why you feel the need to "bash" the entrie MFP population in order to prove your point. The original post made BRIEF mention of the low-carb fad. It was designed to ridicule people who follow that type of lifestyle.

The burger king cheeseburgers were bought when I had eaten the food I brought to work with me and I had run out of food and gotten hungry again. it is not something I do everyday, not even something I do every week. For some reason, some days I am hungrier than others so the fat and protein in those bunless burgers were enough to fill me up until I got home.

Even the cleanest of eaters run into times where they must improvise, that doesn't make me uncredible in the least. That makes me human.

And you just joined this site in January, I have been bashed constantly for the past year.

And I shouldn't have to say I eat "all natural" when I am a low carber. Yes, basically it is the same in theory.............However, I have a structured plan that I follow and I should be able to talk about it as freely as the next person does on this site.

I don't bash people because they are eating cereals that they would believe are healthy, I merely point out there are better options, such as steel cut oats, etc..............I don't expect and won't accept the Low Carb Lifestyle being talked about in such a manner either.

And for the record, I have posted much, much factual and credible information on this board. It has helped many people, they just don't openly acknowledge it as they fear being bashed themselves. I get many PM's in support of me speaking out.

I've never seen anyone bash you for your lifestyle. They usually take offence because the way you type comes across as rude and condesending.
  • BamaRose0107
    BamaRose0107 Posts: 635

I've never seen anyone bash you for your lifestyle. They usually take offence because the way you type comes across as rude and condesending.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145

Muahahahaha...............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I got on this thread to see the original post (which I found very accurate and informational, so thanks for that! :flowerforyou: ).............and just had the most amusing 10 minutes of my life reading through these posts. Everything I could want to say about this has already been said, but suffice it to say that nothing entertains me more than an overly dramatic person who insists that they and they alone are right. Especially one that discounts 100-calorie packs as overly processed and horrible for you but then thinks that the occasional BK hamburger is okay. You can't have it both ways. Get freakin' real.

Cracks me up.

Thanks for the chuckles. :drinker:
  • katbass

Muahahahaha...............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I got on this thread to see the original post (which I found very accurate and informational, so thanks for that! :flowerforyou: ).............and just had the most amusing 10 minutes of my life reading through these posts. Everything I could want to say about this has already been said, but suffice it to say that nothing entertains me more than an overly dramatic person who insists that they and they alone are right. Especially one that discounts 100-calorie packs as overly processed and horrible for you but then thinks that the occasional BK hamburger is okay. You can't have it both ways. Get freakin' real.

Cracks me up.

Thanks for the chuckles. :drinker:

Where is the "LIKE" button? :)
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655

Dude, seriously.... I cannot believe I am the only person who has said anything about this. Perhaps nobody else in this discussion has eaten an all natural diet and doesn't know better, but THIS statement takes every bit of your credibility away--- period. This is not true in any way whatsoever. A low carb diet has nothing to do with a natural diet, and a natural diet has nothing to do with a low carb diet. Can they both be done simultaneously? Yes. But does doing one lead you to doing another? Not even close! What in the world are you talking about?
  • BamaRose0107
    BamaRose0107 Posts: 635
    I make my own mayonnaise, salad dressings, tomato sauce, hot sauce, ketchup, salsa (again, no preservatives, no added sugar, no fillers)

Since when is Kraft salad dressing homemade? I saw in your food diary that you used it which is fine, but if you make these claims then you act arrogant and condesending when others eat...gasp a 100 calorie pack, it kind discredits what you say because you yourself do eat forms of processed foods, even if on occasion which then makes you no different than a person who eats the occasional 100 calorie pack. You have found what works for you and thats great. I have read many posts on here start to finish and I don't see people bashing your lifestyle. I see people getting aggravated by your arrogance and argumenative attitude. You have no problem making statements against low calorie low fat diet, but God forbid someone disagree with low carb diets.
  • katbass

Dude, seriously.... I cannot believe I am the only person who has said anything about this. Perhaps nobody else in this discussion has eaten an all natural diet and doesn't know better, but THIS statement takes every bit of your credibility away--- period. This is not true in any way whatsoever. A low carb diet has nothing to do with a natural diet, and a natural diet has nothing to do with a low carb diet. Can they both be done simultaneously? Yes. But does doing one lead you to doing another? Not even close! What in the world are you talking about?

I was gonna ask the same thing, but didnt want to be called out for "bashing". I am not being mean-spirited...i genuinely want to know how one can conclued that "they are basically the same in theory"...?

I think someone said it best a while back....She is always right. We are always wrong. She eats better than ALL of us and we can only hope to reach her level of expertise on the subject. I think Dr. Phill calls them "Right Fighters".....fight and fight until someone finally just says "Ya know what, you're RIGHT." just to get them to stop arguing.
  • Callmefia
    Callmefia Posts: 42
    They usually take offence because the way you type comes across as rude and condesending.

This is EXACTLY how you come across.

Watch your punctuation and caps! And to claim you eat healthier than anyone on MFP is just ridiculous. Maybe you eat more NATURAL but I think 90% of people on MFP thought you were being a nasty person right when they read that. You lost me there!

Otherwise, thanks for a good, drama-filled post.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655

I was gonna ask the same thing, but didnt want to be called out for "bashing". I am not being mean-spirited...i genuinely want to know how one can conclued that "they are basically the same in theory"...?

I think someone said it best a while back....She is always right. We are always wrong. She eats better than ALL of us and we can only hope to reach her level of expertise on the subject. I think Dr. Phill calls them "Right Fighters".....fight and fight until someone finally just says "Ya know what, you're RIGHT." just to get them to stop arguing.

Thank goodness. I was starting to feel crazy over here! I ate an entirely non-processed foods diet.... like 100%.... for several months. I ate the same amount of carbs I do now, and it was not a challenge to do so.

My parents jumped on the low carbs craze and ate a ton of processed foods.

These things are not related at all!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member

*waves hands around* Okay, again as I seem to be the only other low carber (and I play nice :laugh: ) I have to speak up! You are totally right! NO they do not necessarily go hand in hand! You can definitely combine the two but just because you eat low carb does not necessarily mean you eat all natural! I'm wishing I had my Atkins book handy right about now to see if that's mentioned anywhere in it because I'm pretty sure it's not!

And right on to everyone pointing out that certain peoples are using "processed" food!! *gasp* It's BAD. :laugh: Kinda contradicts the "I make all my own food and only eat all natural"....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member

I think Dr. Phill calls them "Right Fighters".....fight and fight until someone finally just says "Ya know what, you're RIGHT." just to get them to stop arguing.
    OMG! So that's all it's going to take on the threads that get all wonky and crazy nasty, we can simply say "Ya know, you're RIGHT.":wink::noway: and the person will chill?

Who'd a thunk it'd be that easy, gonna put that in my bag of tricks, and I'm not even talking about this thread anymore, I'm excited to try it out for the next one because unfortunately there will be one. :huh: :ohwell:

You simply me smile when I read this, I can see him saying that to someone on stage now after they continue arguing for half the show. It is effective, it stops the person. Wonder if it'll work the same without a stage and Dr. Phil though?:tongue:
  • July24Lioness
    I make my own mayonnaise, salad dressings, tomato sauce, hot sauce, ketchup, salsa (again, no preservatives, no added sugar, no fillers)

Since when is Kraft salad dressing homemade? I saw in your food diary that you used it which is fine, but if you make these claims then you act arrogant and condesending when others eat...gasp a 100 calorie pack, it kind discredits what you say because you yourself do eat forms of processed foods, even if on occasion which then makes you no different than a person who eats the occasional 100 calorie pack. You have found what works for you and thats great. I have read many posts on here start to finish and I don't see people bashing your lifestyle. I see people getting aggravated by your arrogance and argumenative attitude. You have no problem making statements against low calorie low fat diet, but God forbid someone disagree with low carb diets.

Like I have previously mentioned, there are TIMES where I have had to make a substitution because I have been left without something I need. If you look at my diary, there are very few times that I have used a bottled dressing or condiment other than mustard.

For the most part I am a very clean eater.
  • July24Lioness

*waves hands around* Okay, again as I seem to be the only other low carber (and I play nice :laugh: ) I have to speak up! You are totally right! NO they do not necessarily go hand in hand! You can definitely combine the two but just because you eat low carb does not necessarily mean you eat all natural! I'm wishing I had my Atkins book handy right about now to see if that's mentioned anywhere in it because I'm pretty sure it's not!

And right on to everyone pointing out that certain peoples are using "processed" food!! *gasp* It's BAD. :laugh: Kinda contradicts the "I make all my own food and only eat all natural"....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Where am I contradicting myself? 95-99% of the time, I make every thing I eat. Few occasions where I eat out or use something that is bottled or packaged. I haven't eaten anything frozen in years.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Hmmm I find this thread rather amusing. I dont think I am going to take nutritional advise from someone who is either not being honest with themselves or just plain lying about whats in their diary and their weight.
This discussion has been closed.