Looking to lose 10-15 pounds a month

Options

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    10-15 in a month, you say. i'm looking to lose the same amount in MY LIFE.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Here is a reality. While you can lose a ton of weight starving yourself, at a certain point it will not be fat, but muscle. You will be flabby with very little muscle tone. Once you start eating enough to feed your muscles, they will tone back up and push the fat in front of them out and you will be fat again.

FWIW: I lived through a coma diet. 4 weeks on sugar water. I lost 50 pounds, most all was muscle.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    mm-spleen.jpg

Your spleen called, it wants a peanut butter sammich and a glass of milk.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I will be glad to keep you posted on my failure with my "attainable" goal. Thank you all so much for the motivation to go out and do exactly what you said I couldn't do.

Fixed it for you!!!

h67p.gif
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    My issue is this: where in my post did I say I was starving myself? As I read through some responses, people are saying "this is starvation". What everybody keeps saying is aim for 1-2 lbs/wk which is up to 8 lbs/mo. So why is there such a big issue if I lose maybe 3 pounds a week. If me and someone else on here follow the same diet and exercise plan they are losing at a rate of 1.5 lbs/week and I might lose 3 lb/week. I just lost 12 pound in a month's time to their 6, why is that an issue when our bodies are different?????????? I eat the right amount of calories most days and exercise daily. So why does my goal bother everybody so much?

Because they know..

Some weeks it'll be 3lbs. Some weeks 1lbs. Some weeks 0 and some weeks you may even gain. Weight loss is like that and they don't want to see you get discouraged by setting up an arbitrary number for yourself.

Don't be overly defensive when people are only trying to help.

I'm defensive because so many people on here act like they are experts. No one on here is an expert. And I'm far from getting discouraged no matter what my weight lose is for the week. It can be done and in a healthy way. Again, you all are entitled to your opinions and for everyone that thinks it is not possible. I will be happy to prove it to you. More motivation for me.

I would say that all the people on here who've lost weight, many over 100 lbs, are as close as you're going to get to expert opinions. (And didn't you say you already got advice from your doctor, the expert??)

Yes, everyone is different but why WOULDN'T you listen to people who have lost weight and KEPT IT OFF??? Obviously they are doing something right! But since the majority of people here think what you are proposing is not healthy, you choose to ignore the advice?

*shakes head in disgust*

Good luck, you're going to need it.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Um, then why did you ask for advice from a bunch of people that you know are not experts.... ? Just ask the guy at the bus stop then. He knows as much as we do, no?

I DID NOT ASK FOR YOUR ADVICE. IF YOU DIDN'T DO, THEN THIS THREAD WAS NOT FOR YOU.

Okay, rewind time. Your original post:

"I'm setting a goal for myself to lose 10-15 pounds every month. I know my weight loss will not be the same every month, but that's my goal and I'm sticking to it. Has anyone been able to do this? If so, how?"

That's not asking for advice?

I'm pretty sure we've both been blocked already by the OP for not patting her head and telling her it's okay to have hopes and dreams.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    mm-spleen.jpg

Your spleen called, it wants a peanut butter sammich and a glass of milk.
    Post of the Day!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Ideal Protein is the program I used. Has really taught me how to eat right. Google it and find a provider in your area.

Great first post!!

S0CDZbr.gif
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    oh I HOPE the OP hasn't blocked me...i'm SO looking forward to seeing this fantastic success...

i'm on pins and needles to see her do it.

no really...

:flowerforyou:
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Um, then why did you ask for advice from a bunch of people that you know are not experts.... ? Just ask the guy at the bus stop then. He knows as much as we do, no?

I DID NOT ASK FOR YOUR ADVICE. IF YOU DIDN'T DO, THEN THIS THREAD WAS NOT FOR YOU.

Okay, rewind time. Your original post:

"I'm setting a goal for myself to lose 10-15 pounds every month. I know my weight loss will not be the same every month, but that's my goal and I'm sticking to it. Has anyone been able to do this? If so, how?"

That's not asking for advice?

I'm pretty sure we've both been blocked already by the OP for not patting her head and telling her it's okay to have hopes and dreams.
    I'll bet your right. It's a shame, though, to negate the free information given here just "because." Heck, I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal weight, and I'm still suckin' up information like a sponge.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    oh I HOPE the OP hasn't blocked me...i'm SO looking forward to seeing this fantastic success...

i'm on pins and needles to see her do it.

no really...

:flowerforyou:

I can't wait to see her success thread and then this time next year we will see a new account in the "Introduce yourself" section saying "Tried before and this is the time!!! I lost a bunch of weight but I gained it all back and more :("
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry everyone is being so negative here! I believe in you. Your willpower can accomplish ANYTHING.

Please update us every month and let us know how it's going for you! Your success will show the haters that anything is possible. :flowerforyou:
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    first month 17 lbs around 10 a month after that. It is possible! eat right and exercise. Take measurements now! and if the scale's not moving the tape measure will! good luck
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry everyone is being so negative here! I believe in you. Your willpower can accomplish ANYTHING.

Please update us every month and let us know how it's going for you! Your success will show the haters that anything is possible. :flowerforyou:
    QFT - You got this OP.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    In fact, if you up your goals to 20 per month, you'll get there even faster!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Heck, why stop at 20lbs?!? If you cut off an extremity it would be even faster!....They don't call her "Concretegirl" for nothin!
  • MegsLeaBrown
    MegsLeaBrown Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would caution you that loosing weight too quickly may actually put you at risk of Gallstones and Cholecystitis. So just be sure that you aren't loosing too quickly!!

Great job on your Hb A1C by the way!! :)
  • jenna311
    jenna311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key! I see 10 lbs a month as a totally viable goal if you are consistently providing the nutrients your body needs...and lots and lots of water. Remember to include physical activity (that makes you sweat) 4-5 times a week.

I'm with you - my goal is 10 lbs a month as well...at least for the first few months...you got this!
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    1368916977710.gif
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    You say you're asking if anyone has done this and everyone KEEPS telling NO!!! 10lbs a month is not going to happen after the first couple months unless you are going to extreme measures like eating 1200 or less cal/day. Why are you asking for people opinions when you are obviously so intelligent that you already know how things work?? All of these responses from people that have been through and are going through the journey can't possibly know what is going to happen. Right?? Your pig headedness is going to be your downfall. Do what you want and stop asking for peoples opinions/advice if you aren't willing to believe you don't know what is possible.

DON'T YOU DARE COME BACK ON HERE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS WHEN YOU'VE STALLED AND AREN'T LOSING 4LBS A WEEK!!!!

I quite agree with you. I was wondering after reading a couple of her replies why people gave her the time of day. She obviously knows that she wants 10 lbs per month and how she plans to go about it. I saw good luck to her, there is always a first.
This discussion has been closed.