Looking to lose 10-15 pounds a month

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If that's your goal, go for it. I wouldn't post about it though. People will jump all over you if you want to lose more than 2 pounds a week.
  • envyme521
    envyme521 Posts: 35
    Options
    The goal I set is for ME. And to everybody that said I blocked you, actually I didn't. You don't bother me enough for that. But I will say that someone reported a comment that I made to them. It's funny how you can't take what you give.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    The goal I set is for ME. And to everybody that said I blocked you, actually I didn't. You don't bother me enough for that. But I will say that someone reported a comment that I made to them. It's funny how you can't take what you give.

Good Luck OP
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

advice? Cause that's all anyone here is trying to give you.

B069Ujo.gif
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I had a "friend" on my MFP list that consistently lost 3 - 4 pounds EVERY week for a year. She has lost 125 pounds total. She reported the other day (after being warned my many people) that her hair is falling out, she has a lot of loose skin, and has some serious vitamin deficiencies.

Is this what you want? You're an adult. Make your decision and live with the consequences.
  • envyme521
    Options
    I sooooooooo hope this thread gets deleted or locked or something.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not lateral. That means that it does not follow a straight line.

there will be months when you lose nothing, (yet your clothes will get looser) there will be months where you lose a lot and it's dropping off of you.

You should set your goal to lose 1-2 pounds a week and NO MORE. Otherwise you are losing more than fat, you will be losing muscle and that is never good.

you lost so much the first month because that is what happens. Starting a new eating regime where you restrict caloric intake from what your body is used to, will shock it into dropping off all the excess water weight.

If you cut down your sodium, that will also dump the water weight. You will not and should not see a loss like that again.

Do NOT undereat. That will damage your body.

Do NOT starve yourself, that will make you miserable and damage your body.

Eat well, enjoy your life, exercise at least 3 times a week.

Log everything, portion things honestly and record honestly. Get an HRM (do not estimate your burns and do not trust MFP's burn ratios)

be in this for the long run, not the short run and take your time.

Do not get discouraged.

You are not a special snowflake, we are all the same at the heart of the equation, that is Calories out has to be more than Calories in, it doesn't work any other way.

Find a fitness routine you love. I love running, dancing and lifting. So, I do all three.

Good luck.

lol....couldnt concentrate on the rest cuz I was so amused by tge first line....I think she means linear not lateral
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm setting a goal for myself to lose 10-15 pounds every month. I know my weight loss will not be the same every month, but that's my goal and I'm sticking to it. Has anyone been able to do this? If so, how?

I think you can do it if you add more activity with a bit of a lower calorie allowance whatever combination works to lose 2.25-3lbs a week. I lost a lot the first month I started, and this month I lost about 8 lbs following the WW online plan. I think I am eating around 1900-2100 calories a day. I am not exercising yet, so I think if you ate less and exercised more you could easily lose 10 lbs a month. I don't think I would aim for more than that. I am the same height as you and around 300 lbs so I weigh more than you.

It sounds like you are doing fine doing what you are doing so I don't know that you need to change anything.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    This is how this thread is going to end.....

1369229828388.gif

I have just lost 2 lbs for this month from laughing, 8 more to go.
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    An example of what can happen when you try to lose it fast.
    http://thesweatybetties.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Loose-Skin.jpg

Loose skin is so offensive... and to think, some women actually parade around showing it off (or post pictures of it here as if we'll admire it). Anyway, thanks for that.
  • 22workout
    22workout Posts: 36
    Options
    I would say the most you can lose is 8 -9 pounds a month
    and that is only if you burn 1000 calories every day
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    you know what really surprises me?

as per your first and original post OP.....

your very own doctor wants you to lose a pound a week...

this is not doctor approved, this is starvation....and this is dangerous.

envy you? not bloody likely.....

see you on the flip side of your failure which is sure to come down the pipes.

good luck.

*edited to remove an extraneous letter

Losing a pound a week is not starvation. That's a deficient of 500 calories a day, which is 1500 calories a day WITHOUT exercise if your body uses 2000 calories to maintain. In fact the recommended weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Hardly dangerous. Wow.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8333-1366239956-28.gif
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    10-15 in a month, you say. i'm looking to lose the same amount in MY LIFE.

You are too funny. I really a good laugh today and the jokes have not stopped.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

A few years ago, I lost 60 pounds in about 4 months - it just melted off, but I also wasn't eating anything (at all, really). I'd log in 500-700 calories each day. So it is POSSIBLE to lose weight at that rate, but it's not healthy. When you lose weight that quickly, you lose water and muscle along with the fat. It's a bad way to go.

It also isn't sustainable - after losing those 60 pounds, I had nowhere else to go. I couldn't cut more calories (because I probably would have dropped dead) and I couldn't work out more (because I didn't have time for more than 3 hours in the gym almost every night). I also ended up putting all 60 pounds back on - that calorie intake is impossible to maintain for any long period of time.

So I agree with everyone else that said to keep it to 2 pounds a week or under. Trying to lose more than that is irresponsible to your health.
  • envyme521
    Options
    Well good night all.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    An example of what can happen when you try to lose it fast.
    http://thesweatybetties.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Loose-Skin.jpg

Loose skin is so offensive... and to think, some women actually parade around showing it off (or post pictures of it here as if we'll admire it). Anyway, thanks for that.

You're so offensive. What is wrong with you?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.