healthy cereals and skim milk are not good for you.

Options

Replies

• desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't often eat cereals, but when I do I eat Captain Crunch.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Personally I have no idea why humans think it is healthy to drink a cows breast milk.

LOL :laugh: :noway:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Personally I have no idea why humans think it is healthy to drink a cows breast milk.

lol, lol, lol

human babies drink human breast milk and most love it! so cows milk shouldn't seem so strange.

it would be kind of weird to see a calf sucking on some ladies ta tas tho wouldn't it.

Is it werid that i would to see that ..just for sh*ts n giggles ( don't judge me ) :laugh:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

human babies drink human breast milk and most love it! so cows milk shouldn't seem so strange.

it would be kind of weird to see a calf sucking on some ladies ta tas tho wouldn't it.

OMG OMG, :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

Human milk is for human babies and cows milk is for cow babies, but your not a baby anymore are you?
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

Human milk is for human babies and cows milk is for cow babies, but your not a baby anymore are you?

Or a baby cow for that matter. I agree, it's unnatural.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

Unnatural would be a cow getting into the debate online with all you amazing creatures.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

My husband calls me baby. Does that count?

/sips whole milk/
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

Unnatural would be a cow getting into the debate online with all you amazing creatures.

it is unnatural, as in we are the only animals that drink another animals milk. weather its natural or not I don't really think is the point.

is it good for us?

well, the main reason that people say it is, is for calcium.... but heres what Harvard had to say on that.

"it’s also not clear that dairy products are really the best source of calcium for most people."

so for most people, dairy is not the best source. interesting.

source: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/calcium-and-milk/

ok so what about other nutrients.....

Almond Milk and Cow's Milk Compared

Compared to cow's milk, almond milk is the much healthier choice. Almond milk contains a wide variety of the vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function. Almond milk also contains high levels of antioxidants, so it can help prevent many types of cancer and slow the signs of aging. Almond milk is also great for those who can't drink cow's milk due to lactose intolerance, or a casein or gluten allergy; however, those with tree nut allergies should avoid almond milk because it could elicit a dangerous allergic reaction.

Whole cow's milk contains a lot more calories and fat than almond milk, making almond milk the better choice for those on a diet. Cow's milk also contains saturated fat and cholesterol; almond milk is free of both saturated fat and cholesterol, making it a healthier choice, especially for those with heart problems.

While cow's milk contains high levels of calcium, and is fortified with vitamins A and D to help you meet your daily requirements of these vitamins, almond milk contains high levels of a wide range of necessary vitamins and therefore has a higher nutritional value than cow's milk. The only thing that cow's milk has more of than almond milk is protein; cow's milk has eight grams of protein per serving while almond milk has only one gram per serving.

source: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/the-healthier-choice-almond-milk-vs-milk.html

so almond milk has a higher nutritional value, lower cals, is free of both saturated fat and cholesterol and only at the expense of lower protein.

so.... it would seem that it is not a very good source of calcium, its main draw card, and secondly inferior to other options due to less nutrients, and more bad fat/cholesterol.

I drink milk every day, but im not under the impression that its great for you. is it a little bit weird that we drink another animals milk, a little bit but meh, humans are weird.

im not knocking milk like "oh my god, that came from bovine titties... burn it with fire!", i drink it every day, but we should all think about what we eat, and be informed.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Healthy cereals not healthy, am I the only one who finds this statement a little confusing.

Do you mean cereals that are marketed as healthy because that's another ball game all together.

Take your time to look at the ingredient list and eat within your calorie and macro goals for the day - no issues
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Make sure the cereal isn't made with nuclear waste, whale feces or molten lava and you should be fine.
  • nikilis
    Options
    Make sure the cereal isn't made with nuclear waste, whale feces or molten lava and you should be fine.

captain crunch now with face melting MOLTEN LAVA and WHALE FECES!

*may contain traces of nuclear waste.

epic.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

Do you eat eggs? Unfertilized baby chickens. Pork products? dead pigs. Beef? Eat cheese? Use butter? Unless you are vegan, your statement is a moot point. I don't see cows munching on humans, but we eat cows... I've never seen a chicken eating a human embryo or human egg/sperm. So in your argument, us eating them would be unnatural right?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

Do you eat eggs? Unfertilized baby chickens. Pork products? dead pigs. Beef? Eat cheese? Use butter? Unless you are vegan, your statement is a moot point. I don't see cows munching on humans, but we eat cows... I've never seen a chicken eating a human embryo or human egg/sperm. So in your argument, us eating them would be unnatural right?

Boom goes the dynamite!
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Wow.....just wow! O_o
  • nikilis
    Options
    Obvious troll is obvious.

were you looking for more intelligent debate? well, it would seem noones into that.

let the sensationalism continue!
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thats crazy lol. Just make sure the cereal you have does not have alot of sugar or addictives in it. As long as your active and moving you should be fine.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Unless you are allergic to cereal or milk, there's no reason you can't fit it into your food diary and continue to lose weight.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that all this healthy stuff is not good for dieting. If anything knows alternatives please share!

I have no idea what you are talking about. I suspect that makes two of us.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    unhealthy people eat cereal and skim milk therefore you will be unhealthy if you do the same.

all grains and dairy are bad. This paleo book I read said if our ancestors didn't eat it then it is bad.