healthy cereals and skim milk are not good for you.

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Sorry people, I am no good at trolling. I just got sick of answering questions with legit answers.

Eat whatever you want that fits your macros that you are not allergic/intolerant to.

Or just eat dinosaurs and do crossfit :laugh:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by 'healthy' cereals? If they are cereals making health claims, such as 'good for your heart', 'lower cholesterol', 'contain 8 vitamins' etc then I would be wary. I'd rather go for oatmeal or muesli.

However, if you enjoy them and they fit in your macros then eat 'em.

You may also want to add more protein to your breakfast though as it will keep you fuller longer.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Personally I have no idea why humans think it is healthy to drink a cows breast milk.

you shouldn't even be able to post on the threads if you don't net more than 200 calories.

right?
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It's not that healthy cereals aren't good for you - it's more the case that all too often food (not just cereals either) that is marketed that way, is often one of the least healthiest choices on offer - generally because it's stacked full of sugar (to make up for less fat), additives, preservatives and all sorts of Frankencrap.

I always guffaw at Weight Watchers products - why buy a minute slice of cake that has no ingredient outside 'sugar' that your grandmother would recognise, when you could simply have a small slice of real cake made from basic ingredients.

As for skimmed milk - the reason it's generally stated that it's not the healthy choice out of milk on offer is because it's the highest in sugar. Get rid of the fat and you've got to replace it with something.

Having said all that; it doesn't matter whether you eat a bowl of porridge or a bowl of cocoa dusted craprocks as long as you're within your calorie goal. The only time it comes into play is if you're interested in not filling yourself with processed food and worry about the possible health risks that may come with ingesting lots of artificial additives and high sugar levels.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Personally I have no idea why humans think it is healthy to drink a cows breast milk.
    Life without cheese would not be worth living... sorry.

yup...I agree...mind you never tasted cheese made out of human breast milk..anyone willing to a) donate and b) eat it?
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    unhealthy people eat cereal and skim milk therefore you will be unhealthy if you do the same.

all grains and dairy are bad. This paleo book I read said if our ancestors didn't eat it then it is bad.

Our ancestors also didn't have beds, guess we shouldn't use those.. I suppose we should get rid of our clothes too.. And the water from taps? Oh hellz no, best we go gather some water from a dam.

Bahahaha!!!

Omg. I cant stop laughing
    lol....me neither and sorry for all the troll-haters...but I just NEED this kind of amusement when I wake up in the morning...makes dieting feel GOOD!!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

human babies drink human breast milk and most love it! so cows milk shouldn't seem so strange.

it would be kind of weird to see a calf sucking on some ladies ta tas tho wouldn't it.

Aren't calves born with full teeth? If so, ouch!
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's not that healthy cereals aren't good for you - it's more the case that all too often food (not just cereals either) that is marketed that way, is often one of the least healthiest choices on offer - generally because it's stacked full of sugar (to make up for less fat), additives, preservatives and all sorts of Frankencrap.

I always guffaw at Weight Watchers products - why buy a minute slice of cake that has no ingredient outside 'sugar' that your grandmother would recognise, when you could simply have a small slice of real cake made from basic ingredients.

As for skimmed milk - the reason it's generally stated that it's not the healthy choice out of milk on offer is because it's the highest in sugar. Get rid of the fat and you've got to replace it with something.

Having said all that; it doesn't matter whether you eat a bowl of porridge or a bowl of cocoa dusted craprocks as long as you're within your calorie goal. The only time it comes into play is if you're interested in not filling yourself with processed food and worry about the possible health risks that may come with ingesting lots of artificial additives and high sugar levels.

Best answer. If your only goal is to lose weight and you don't care about the crap foods/chemicals you are putting into your body, then just eat within your calorie goal (whole other ball game, btw) and you will lose weight. I happen to care about crazy stuff like the way foods are processed now and created in labs and animals pumped full of drugs, I could go on and on... To each their own.
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Best answer. If your only goal is to lose weight and you don't care about the crap foods/chemicals you are putting into your body, then just eat within your calorie goal (whole other ball game, btw) and you will lose weight. I happen to care about crazy stuff like the way foods are processed now and created in labs and animals pumped full of drugs, I could go on and on... To each their own.
    I agree with this. You can still lose weight and eat things that aren't really all that good for your body. As far as the milk discussion goes I agree cows milk is designed for baby cows however that doesn't mean it is completely void of nutritional value. And go raw if ya can!
  • ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    I eat cereals never had a problem. - I like having milk, never had a problem.

to be honest i do have swiss style muesli with no added sugar and it keeps me going until lunch. the raisins in it keep a nice hint of sweetness.
  • sammi674
    sammi674 Posts: 41
    Options

I'd assume it's similar to the same reasons why eating their meat is healthy.

Protein, vitamins...

I'm confused.

Oh and to stay on topic, you can eat anything if it's in your macros. From what I understand, skim milk is just watered down regular milk. Some diet foods are bad because they have a lot of chemicals, but the healthy cereals tend to have more fiber and less sugar. You just have to know what to shop for. And you will lose weight no matter what you eat (if you don't have other conditions) as long as it fits within your calorie goals.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Life without cheese would not be worth living... sorry.

Mmmm, Cheese :love:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    i like this pic...that being said i don't care what you eat, it's your body.
    ms08_zpse940f8d4.jpg
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I read that reading is bad for you then I instantly realized I was only looking at a picture of a book and realized I was safe.
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed my 650 calorie breakfast this morning of home made fruit salad and then Muesli with (gasp!) 96% fat free milk. Doesn't sound so bad when you put it that way around.
  • blakerb29
    blakerb29 Posts: 74
    Options
    As someone said. Portion control is key and try pick a basic muesli if you want healthier cereal.

There is some validity in the post in a way though.

Cereal is a processed food and is not natural to our system.
    Milk is pasteurized which makes it basically like sugar water and removes much of the goodness.

That is the world we live in today though and in the grand Scheme of things cereal is healthy and a invaluable source of fibre.

You can however make it far better by buying raw milk online or from a farm, it is not pasteurized and has a far better nutritional profile, it also tastes better but it is expensive!
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    tumblr_m8onrkyTzN1rucurdo1_250.gif
    Pointless thread.

Love it!!! ????
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It depends on the definition of "healthy". If "healthy" means low in sugar, fat, and tastes like cardboard I wouldn't consider it healthy because I'd be wasting stomach space eating it.

Skimmed milk has more fat removed than whole milk. Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluble, Calcium, B Vitamins, and Vitamin C are water soluble. I opted for skimmed milk last week because I wanted more calcium, usually I stick to semi-skimmed, I'll also sometimes have whole milk, depends on what I feel like.

As for the whole milk thing cropping up again, just type two random animals into Google, here are the highlights from http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/829974-cow-milk-alternatives thread:
    * cats drink cows milk
    * lion cub drinks dogs milk
    * piglets drink tigers milk
    * pig drinks dogs milk
    * tiger cubs drink dogs milk
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread still going?
    134305934119-5dkqoh.jpg
  • paul_draper
    paul_draper Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As opposed to what? Fungus, tree roots, mashed up seeds?