Team UK - June 2010

Options
Good morning everyone!! :drinker:

Sorry I have left it till the 3rd June to put a post together... Lee's nudge reminded me!!
I hope you are all ok....

I will let you all know my personal challenge soon

I think Summer has officially begun! :flowerforyou:

Katherine :heart: :heart:

Replies

• MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Thanks honey, hope you are okay! :smile:

Hey all,

Hope you have all had a really good bank holiday weekend!! :smile: I've had a mixed one, it's been quiet and very loud.:laugh: Didn't do much on Friday when I was off work, took time to chill out and enjoy some me time. Saturday was spent packing as I was staying overnight at my mate's static caravan home in Pwllhelli, North Wales. What should have been a nice 2 hour drive along the coast, turned into a very stressful 4 and a half hour stop start journey. Eventually got there at 6pm after leaving home at 1.30pm, so as soon as I was parked up it was onto the Brandy and Coke!!

Sunday was a really nice drive back (with no hangover!!!) and it did take two hours. Then it was home to a quick shower and change and back out as I was going up to Bradford for the Warrington Wolves Challenge Cup Quarter final game. The whole day was frought with nerves, but luckily we came through and won by only 4 points!! Few celebratory pints later and it was back home. The rest of the time was just spend chilling out, and now unfortunately I am back in work. :frown:

My weight doesn't seem to have changed for about 2-3 weeks now, so I'm going to mix my gym routine up a bit, try and burn the fat a bit quicker. Also need to really do the chest exercises as I'm getting well self conscious about my "man boobs" now, it's getting well out of hand and starting to really upset me. :sad:

Good luck with this week everyone and hope you all hit your targets! :glasses:

Lee.
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    Team UK? Oh wow I need to join this,may I join this group? :D
  • Rudie
    Rudie Posts: 27
    Options
    An up and down week for me, but hubby bought me some new running shoes so I'm back in to my exercise. Just need to find some 'me' time to do it now!

Good luck everyone!
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kp, i'm going to remember to post on this one!

Lee:
    mixing it up sounds like a good idea! you're doing great with your weight loss and it seems you've just hit a mini plateau but i'm sure you'll push through

Welcome Naokoheart, of course you can join you don't need to ask! :

this month, i've set myself a goal, i've already lost a lb! yes 3 days in ;) (though i probably lost most of that pound during may so it doesn't really count!)
    and my aim is to lose another 5, i'm really going for it this month, because i go on holiday on the 27th-2nd
    then i have my summer ball on the 2nd july, and i'm off to spain on the 4th so i really want to look my best
    i'm going to try and continue my diet for my first holiday but i can guarantee i'll put the lbs back on in spain unfortunately
    xx
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mornin! Well, afternoon but only just.

It's my 19th birthday this month (on the 19th, too) so I'm hoping to drop a few pounds by then. I've just finished day 18 of the 30 day shred (doing the normal 10 days per level so i'm on level 2, moving to level 3 on sunday). I upped the calories a bit (but still exercising every day and doing a little more walking) to see if I can encourage my scales to believe that I've lost weight.
    Fridays are my weigh in days so tomorrow I'll update and tell what my June weight is.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! :bigsmile:

I'm sad to say that I've not followed most of last month, things have been a bit hectic and I've not had that much time on my hands.
    I promise to keep in touch this month with all your goings on :smile:

I'm not feeling great this week as I have a cold that is refusing to budge. :grumble:
    But I'm trying my best to stay sort of to my new goal.
    I am still exercising everyday - as after many long years I have finally reached a place where I enjoy it.
    I'm just taking things a bit easier and trying to shift this cold.

I can't wait for some really warm weather, have loads of jobs in the garden and need some sun to encourage me out there!!

Lee ... What about push ups??? I think they my help you xxx

KP ... I know your very busy at the moment, I'd like to say thanks for your support here and with the so called 'petite women views' lol
    So nice to have people who understand and experience the same when I'm surrounded by people who are lucky enough to be able to eat whatever they like with no problems at all!!

And welcome to Naokoheart and all newbie UKers... Such a lovely bunch here I know all will welcome you too xxx

I'll make a point of keeping in touch this month xxx Sorry for my absence xxx
    Mel :flowerforyou:
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi UKer's!! Hope you are all doing well!!!

Will post later, but just wanted to say Hi for now.

:flowerforyou:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - just a quick tag so I can find you all again.

Ate very badly over the bank holiday weekend - no idea what the scales are going to say tomorrow,

See you all later

Erika x
  • Rea_K
    Rea_K Posts: 51
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Wow I didn't know this group existed. I am definitely joining! Will post properly later x
  • suziesgems
    suziesgems Posts: 31
    Options
    Ooooooohhh UK group....GREAT! :blushing:

Well I went away on holiday to Centre Parcs for a week leading up to the bank holiday and i did not calorie count once! I done lots of activities, went for a swim everyday and eat and drunk what I wanted......thats kinda what I do when I am on my Hols :drinker:

Come back and put on 3lb.....i was fine with this. I am now back on it in a big way to and have lost a pound in the few days I have been back so alll good :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone else had a great bank holiday weekend :tongue:
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Nice to see the sun shining today! Hopefully be a nice weekend (but not too nice on Sunday as I'm running the Race For Life and I haven't ever ran 5K before so heat will NOT be a beneficial factor for me!! Haha!)

Glad to see some other Friday morning weigh-in people! I had a sneaky look this morning and it's promising! To be honest I'm already at my "target weight" and just toning and building muscle but I wouldn't mind still losing a bit more fat haha! It's so much harder near the end!

Well I've been doing my 30 Day Shred dvd for about 40 days now (I am a bit addicted and often do 2 or 3 shreds in a day now!!) but ordered Billy Blanks Tae Bo boxset on Tuesday and I'm really hoping it comes tomorrow in time for the weekend! Has anyone else done his workout dvds? What did you think?

Anyways, I'm going to try and keep up with this months UK thread :)

Hope everyone is having a good day!!
    -x-x-
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm really going to try and go for it this month! I have been extremely lax lately and slipped into old habits!

I'm currently working on "realistic" goals for me to reach, so I'll post them up later!

emma x
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

June is going to be a busy month for me :
    + monday i start the Level 2 gym instructors course - the fast track version
    + the 19th i move back home from uni
    + the 21st i start my first full time (adult) job
    + end of month possibly moving into my own house

so theres not going to be much time to think about eating right but at least i wont snack - i'll be too busy too

My goal for the month is just to get back on track - ive been completely off the wagon and the past 2 weeks or so have just been one long binge.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    *bump*

Just so I have it on my list of topics :) will come back later and post properly

*waves*
    Kx
  • joanna_marie
    Options
    Hi guys.

I just wanted to say how nice it is now that I am losing weight to be able to go out in the sun in t-shirts and 3/4 length trousers and not feel totally self-conscious. I am still not happy with how I look but am happy enough to go out without having to hide under a really baggy top and I think thats great!

I am looking forward to the day when I can open my wardrobe and know everything in there will fit!

Hope everyone else is enjoying the sunshine! :smile:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Evening All

Hellooooo & welcome to all the newbies and the oldies :)

I've not been around much on the forums this past month, the patch of depression that I thought was minor has a tighter grip than I thought. But I am battling on, putting one foot in front of the other. I am managing to keep control of my eating this time, which can only be a good thing - I hit my 2nd goal of 2stone, by losing 7lbs in weight this week. i wish I could say the same about my smoking....but I'm working on that too.

Anyhoo, i think I'm about all out of things to say for now. All of you take care and keep going with the healthy eating and exercise. Till the next time....
    Love & Hugs
    Kx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Nice to see the sun shining today! Hopefully be a nice weekend (but not too nice on Sunday as I'm running the Race For Life and I haven't ever ran 5K before so heat will NOT be a beneficial factor for me!! Haha!)
    -x-x-

:flowerforyou: Hi I am also doing the race for life on Sunday. Although I am walking it with my sister in law, neice and her little one year old daughter. Good on you for running - we did it last year too, it's a great atmosphere and it's for a good cause too :smile:

:frown: My weight is at a bit of a standstill at the moment so I am a bit fed up, but I find mfp helps having to log everything I eat, can't believe the calories in some of the things I eat. :bigsmile: It certainly gets you thinking about healthier options.

Well it's getting late so I'll say goodnight. :smile:
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

June is going to be a busy month for me :
    + monday i start the Level 2 gym instructors course - the fast track version
    + the 19th i move back home from uni
    + the 21st i start my first full time (adult) job
    + end of month possibly moving into my own house

so theres not going to be much time to think about eating right but at least i wont snack - i'll be too busy too

My goal for the month is just to get back on track - ive been completely off the wagon and the past 2 weeks or so have just been one long binge.

Nuu! You cant leave, then We will be lacking in York members! :laugh:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    WOOOOAAAAHHH!!! :flowerforyou:

Its absolutly amazing to see so many of you post on here already!! Makes this all worthwhile to know that you are all out there supporting one another. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

The weather is set to be lovely and hot this weekend so im going out in a nice dress i think! I will be celebrating yet another 21st birthday with my girl friends on saturday night!! Cant wait! Late lunch in Covent Garden, followed by a night out in oxford street.. then staying in a Hilton Hotel!! :happy: Cant wait for it! x

I've had a great week of eating and exercising... for once i feel like im back on the ball... Thanks to all of you who have supported me while i was a bit distant.. it really is a boost to know you are all about!!

I doubt i will see any weight loss after the weekend, maybe next weekend i will have dropped a pound... Fingers crossed!!

Welcome newbiees... Hope you find this site a help!! x :flowerforyou:

Good luck to those of you who are doing Race For Life this weekend, fantastic weather for it! :heart:

Any whoo...
    Im on a mission this month!! Its June.. I MUST get focused, my holiday is in a month and 18days.. "Bring on the burn"!!!!! :laugh:

:heart: Katherine x x x
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning. June's starting weight is 195.2lbs (13st 13.2lbs). I neeeed to get comfortably away from that 14st line. My boyfriend's planning on losing a couple of pounds ready for the World Cup because he knows that will be full of what I like to brand 'beige food' (sausage rolls, any breaded meats etc). He's at a perfect weight already, though. I'm not! Haha.