hypocritical people on newsfeed

Options

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you can stick with 1200 kudos to you. It's your newsfeed you added them, delete them.

I have zero room for drama, that's why people call me cold hearted *****, or an *kitten*, or mean. Eh.... Ok.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I started on a 1200 calorie net diet. I no longer agree with a 1200 calorie net diet. My opinion on this matter is not hypocritical, it just means that I know better now. Just because I started some where and know better now doesn't mean I'm hypocritical.

For example, when I was little I soiled my pants, just because I use a toilet now doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite, it just means that I know better.
    al-roker-pooped-pants.gif
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I need names.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I think we need a definition of hypocrisy.

It is when someone tells someone to not do something when they are doing that very thing. If she was eating 1200 calories or less a day and complaining that other people shouldn't do it, then she would be a hypocrite.

If she's warning people away from something that didn't work for her, or she is trying to educate people on a safer way to lose, that isn't hypocrisy. That is sharing knowledge.

Obviously, there are women out there who have a BMR or even a maintenance below 1200, but they aren't the general population. They're the tiny people of the world.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I started on a 1200 calorie net diet. I no longer agree with a 1200 calorie net diet. My opinion on this matter is not hypocritical, it just means that I know better now. Just because I started some where and know better now doesn't mean I'm hypocritical.

For example, when I was little I soiled my pants, just because I use a toilet now doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite, it just means that I know better.
    hahahahaha. I'm assuming you were the one who deleted OP. Probably a good choice.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    :huh: :blushing: :indifferent: :ohwell:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Today on my newsfeed there was a girl knocking people tha are eating 1200 calories. She was saying how sad it was that people want to starve themselves. I said I disagree that 1200 is too little IF you are eating the right things and not eating garbage.
    How can someine he so hypocritical when they too probably started at 1200 before they realized their body needed more? Sorry girl but you are not an expert on everyone elses body and for a lot of people 1200 calories is a stepping stone to start the weightloss until they learn to control what they eat, portion sizes and learn about healthy choices. Its funny how people grow a big head as soon as they think they know the magic.

This girl deleted me. Lol. Good decision.

I'd say so.
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    1200 calories can be accomplished and you can be very satified at the end of the day. I am on the 1200 plan and when I do right, I lose effortlessly. However, it does require you to be aware of what you choose to eat and force you to make healthy choices, which I don't see a problem with. When a bag of crunchy, salty potatoe chips will set you back 280 calories, that bowl of cucumber chunks with low fat ranch is only 85 calories AND healthier it gives you something to think about. Everything doesn't work for everybody. I hate it when people put others down just because they don't like or couldn't stick with it because it can be hard.
    People don't put down 1200 calorie a day dieting because it's "hard" or because they "couldn't stick with it."

They put it down because for most people, over an extended period of time, it's downright dangerous.

You can keep your cucumbers. Come back and tell me in 6 months that they still make you happy. I'll gladly take those potato chips off your hands.

AMEN!!
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It was the way she said it and the words she used. I dont agree with 1200 calories for EVERYONE BUT IT WORKS FOR SOME!
    THere is a nice way to share your experiences and a b***hy way to knock others who are just starting out.
    Hahahaha. Seems to me like you all like the drama.
    Why comment on the drama if you claim to not like it? Its my post, therefore you dont know if it was drama intended. Which it wasnt.I just think its nice for people starting out to know they can start where they need to and learn along the way.
    Done with this post. If you continue posting you are the dramatic one:)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Pffft, all this topic has done is made me want some bacon, ice cream, and pop-tarts. Think I need to go visit the Fitness and Success forums now before my day becomes filled with no-no's :wink:

I would be a lot more popular on here if I liked Pop Tarts
    tumblr_m4ivdtspdC1rwcc6bo1_500.gif
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    1200 Calories is too low. The right food or not its too low.

Before anyone gets all butthurt at me and says anything. I Stand 4'9.5" tall. 1200 calories a day makes me want to rip peoples arms off and chew on them for a while. I am not overly active either - I swim about 3 times a week, and do yard work thats it. I have talked to my Doctor and he said "try 1200 calories.".I did and you know what I acheived? I acheived a raging case of the b!tchies, a headache the size of Australia and all I wanted to do was sleep. I bumped up a couple hundred calories and guess what? The b!tchies went away, the headache diminished and I had energy again. I was eating 1200 calories of lean protein, veggies and fruits and still wanted to eat the arm off every other person I came across...

I am not saying 1200 won't work - it does I mean I lost a lot of weight.(almost 20 pounds in under 3 months).. but at the cost of everyone around me I decided it wasn't worth it...

I get what the OP is doing but really maybe the person had the same reaction I did to 1200 calories. Losing weight sucks, and starving yourself into the b!tchies (EVEN WITH GOOD FOOD) is not the way to do it... trust me your loved ones will thank you.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I forgot about the maple syrup....
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Interesting to note that the OP has been here for 2.5 years, and still thinks that 1200 is working for her.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In before the lock!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Today on my newsfeed there was a girl knocking people tha are eating 1200 calories. She was saying how sad it was that people want to starve themselves. I said I disagree that 1200 is too little IF you are eating the right things and not eating garbage.
    How can someine he so hypocritical when they too probably started at 1200 before they realized their body needed more? Sorry girl but you are not an expert on everyone elses body and for a lot of people 1200 calories is a stepping stone to start the weightloss until they learn to control what they eat, portion sizes and learn about healthy choices. Its funny how people grow a big head as soon as they think they know the magic.

This girl deleted me. Lol. Good decision.

And?

No need to make a post about it was there?
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

You can keep your cucumbers. Come back and tell me in 6 months that they still make you happy.

Depends what she is using them for I suppose.
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options

LOL... This exactly!! ^^^^ :laugh:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    1200 Calories is too low. The right food or not its too low.

Before anyone gets all butthurt at me and says anything. I Stand 4'9.5" tall. 1200 calories a day makes me want to rip peoples arms off and chew on them for a while. I am not overly active either - I swim about 3 times a week, and do yard work thats it. I have talked to my Doctor and he said "try 1200 calories.".I did and you know what I acheived? I acheived a raging case of the b!tchies, a headache the size of Australia and all I wanted to do was sleep. I bumped up a couple hundred calories and guess what? The b!tchies went away, the headache diminished and I had energy again. I was eating 1200 calories of lean protein, veggies and fruits and still wanted to eat the arm off every other person I came across...

I am not saying 1200 won't work - it does I mean I lost a lot of weight.(almost 20 pounds in under 3 months).. but at the cost of everyone around me I decided it wasn't worth it...

I get what the OP is doing but really maybe the person had the same reaction I did to 1200 calories. Losing weight sucks, and starving yourself into the b!tchies (EVEN WITH GOOD FOOD) is not the way to do it... trust me your loved ones will thank you.

Not everyone reacts like you to 1200. Maybe it didn't work for you and that's fine. But don't assume you know the answer everyone.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

You can keep your cucumbers. Come back and tell me in 6 months that they still make you happy.

HA!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

HA!

Pervs! Lol!
This discussion has been closed.