hypocritical people on newsfeed

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    'cuz 1200 calories is stupid and completely unnecessary...and most people that are doing it aren't even doing it right...you're supposed to net to 1200, not gross. Most people who are doing the 1200 plan are pretty ignorant of nutrition and the needs of their body. Good for her for dumping you.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    sooo, you thought creating a thread to bash her opinion was a good idea, then? :huh:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I brought some bacon!

frying-bacon-o.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    "Hypocritical":

tumblr_lroen5OC4z1qhgr6oo1_400_zpsd0e344a9.gif
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It was the way she said it and the words she used. I dont agree with 1200 calories for EVERYONE BUT IT WORKS FOR SOME!
    THere is a nice way to share your experiences and a b***hy way to knock others who are just starting out.
    Hahahaha. Seems to me like you all like the drama.
    Why comment on the drama if you claim to not like it? Its my post, therefore you dont know if it was drama intended. Which it wasnt.I just think its nice for people starting out to know they can start where they need to and learn along the way.
    Done with this post. If you continue posting you are the dramatic one:)

Irony. Irony everywhere.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    "Hypocritical":

This is why I like you. I *almost* posted that gif.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You know what? EVERYONE THINKS THEY'RE AN EXPERT... do what works for you!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    "Hypocritical":

Damnit, you beat me to it!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    It was the way she said it and the words she used. I dont agree with 1200 calories for EVERYONE BUT IT WORKS FOR SOME!
    THere is a nice way to share your experiences and a b***hy way to knock others who are just starting out.
    Why comment on the drama if you claim to not like it? Its my post, therefore you dont know if it was drama intended. Which it wasnt.I just think its nice for people starting out to know they can start where they need to and learn along the way.

Irony. Irony everywhere.

lolz

and maturity...maturity everywhere.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Is this high school? Fack grow up and move on.

I'm starting to wonder if this site is just a haven for drama... Good lord.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    1200 Calories is too low. The right food or not its too low.

Before anyone gets all butthurt at me and says anything. I Stand 4'9.5" tall. 1200 calories a day makes me want to rip peoples arms off and chew on them for a while. I am not overly active either - I swim about 3 times a week, and do yard work thats it. I have talked to my Doctor and he said "try 1200 calories.".I did and you know what I acheived? I acheived a raging case of the b!tchies, a headache the size of Australia and all I wanted to do was sleep. I bumped up a couple hundred calories and guess what? The b!tchies went away, the headache diminished and I had energy again. I was eating 1200 calories of lean protein, veggies and fruits and still wanted to eat the arm off every other person I came across...

I am not saying 1200 won't work - it does I mean I lost a lot of weight.(almost 20 pounds in under 3 months).. but at the cost of everyone around me I decided it wasn't worth it...

I get what the OP is doing but really maybe the person had the same reaction I did to 1200 calories. Losing weight sucks, and starving yourself into the b!tchies (EVEN WITH GOOD FOOD) is not the way to do it... trust me your loved ones will thank you.

Not everyone reacts like you to 1200. Maybe it didn't work for you and that's fine. But don't assume you know the answer everyone.

Yeah and almost every person on my friends list has taught me that 1200 calories is too low... and some of them have 150+ pounds lost...
    I am not saying it wont work for everyone... as you can see I said it did work... I lost weight. I also lost my friends. Maybe right now 1200 is working but when you get stuck where are you going to go? Are you going to drop your calories by 200 and net 1000? And when that stops working drop it by another 200? for 800 and keep going until you net yourself into an eating disorder? I am not new to weightloss, I have been doing it for a fair amount of time (re: half my life) but I can tell you one thing... everytime I gained weight again it was because I was eating 1200 calories a day and then I started to get bored and gain weight again. Its a vicious cycle.

I am also not saying I have all the answers I just know from my experience and the experience of those on my friends list and my friends outside of the virtual world that have lost a lot of weight that 1200 calories is not going to work forever. Good googley moogly,.. if I had all the answers I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting at 100 pounds to lose now would I?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I was on 1200 when I started on mfp, as that's what it gave me, I lost my weight and it was only then I read that 1200 was considered too low for most. Damn, I wish I'd read it before as 1200 was hard to do!!!
  • JessiAnn88
    JessiAnn88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started on a 1200 calorie net diet. I no longer agree with a 1200 calorie net diet. My opinion on this matter is not hypocritical, it just means that I know better now. Just because I started some where and know better now doesn't mean I'm hypocritical.

For example, when I was little I soiled my pants, just because I use a toilet now doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite, it just means that I know better.

/endthread
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    1200 calories can be accomplished and you can be very satified at the end of the day. I am on the 1200 plan and when I do right, I lose effortlessly. However, it does require you to be aware of what you choose to eat and force you to make healthy choices, which I don't see a problem with. When a bag of crunchy, salty potatoe chips will set you back 280 calories, that bowl of cucumber chunks with low fat ranch is only 85 calories AND healthier it gives you something to think about. Everything doesn't work for everybody. I hate it when people put others down just because they don't like or couldn't stick with it because it can be hard.
    People don't put down 1200 calorie a day dieting because it's "hard" or because they "couldn't stick with it."

They put it down because for most people, over an extended period of time, it's downright dangerous.

You can keep your cucumbers. Come back and tell me in 6 months that they still make you happy. I'll gladly take those potato chips off your hands.

AMEN!!

15XfX6j.gif
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Need some butter with that bacon!

Mmmm.....butter....

8509338018_4dd92fc9c0_n.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Irony. Irony everywhere.

lolz

and maturity...maturity everywhere.

And hangry. Hangry drama. Everywherez.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Irony. Irony everywhere.
    irony-cat-irony.jpg
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Pffft, all this topic has done is made me want some bacon, ice cream, and pop-tarts. Think I need to go visit the Fitness and Success forums now before my day becomes filled with no-no's :wink:

agreed.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I felt amazingly happy, inspired and liberated to see that many of the most successful people here have lost tremendous amounts of weight and reshaped their bodies on close to 1800-2000 calories on many days (along with hard work, dedication, and adherence of course).

If you look at what the successful people do, maybe we can all stop fighting tooth and nail to defend this 1200 calorie thing, which only works under a few circumstances and certainly isn't for the majority.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    IFTD .......:yawn:
This discussion has been closed.