My One Year Weight Loss Journey: The Ugly Truth

Options

Replies

• Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    That is just a phenomenal transformation! You look amazing and ho happy!
  • ccvolleygirl78
    Options
    I was searching the boards to see if anyone did the myfitfoods and came across your post. Awesome job and definitely makes me feel great about starting the 21 day challenge today. I went from 138 lbs to a high of 192 and it was all due to my eating habits. I don't have time to cook and just got lazy with my nutrition. I am only spending a few dollars more on Myfitfoods than I do eating out all the time so it already seems worth it to me! Again, great job and what a nice inspiration story!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The coolest zumba success story I've read to date!!! Congratulations to you and bravo bravo!!!!
  • skinnybjasse
    skinnybjasse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Insane inspiration right here...thank you for sharing and CONGRATS on a whole new YOU!
    I started my weight loss journey on June 1, 2012 when I went in to My Fit Foods for some information about the 21- Day Challenge. I wanted to lose a few pounds before going out of the country in August on a missions trip. Little did I know it was going to help radically change my life.

When the nutrition coach was explaining what I would need to give up for the next 21 days, I almost freaked out (well, I probably did a little on the inside). I told myself I could do anything for 21 days, so I signed up and took it seriously. I don't particularly like cooking, and often don't make the time to, so the plan seemed like a perfect fit for my busy lifestyle.

Before starting the 21 Day Challenge my daily diet consisted of several diet sodas, 1 or 2 cups of coffee: sweetened with flavored creamer, and an abundance of fast food at every meal. I was always tired and I never had the energy to go to the gym.

The first three days of the challenge were pretty rough. I had caffeine headaches and was pretty irritable, but I didn't give in to the tempting bowl of chocolates that sat on my co-workers desk.

During that time our team hosted a Zumbathon on June 9, 2012 to help raise money. I was one of the volunteers and decided once I was done to give Zumba a try!

I was shocked at how easy I could follow along and what a fun and great workout it was. One of the instructors, Kerry, really stood out to me so I got her class schedule.

I started attending Kerry's classes a few times a week and stood in the back corner away from the door so no one could see me. After a few weeks, I started making my way a little closer to the front. I really enjoyed the music and the energy and started rearranging my work schedule so I could make it to more of her classes.

The weight was literally shaking off of me from week to week. I was averaging a loss of 10 pounds a month- which was just crazy to me!

As of today I have lost celebrated 106 pounds lost (I have a few more to go till my ultimate goal). I have gone down 7 jean sizes! I am the lightest and smallest I have ever been in my life.

Zumba has not only given me a body I would've died to have had earlier, but it has made me a more confident woman. I love seeing all my Zumba friends each and every class. No matter how my day has been, the moment the music starts I am in my own dancing world (in the front row).
    8795125279_9e055b1fa8_m.jpg
    1- Alicia Trimble- July 2011 by jazzyali1323, on Flickr

8795129495_87d278ea2d_m.jpg
    3a- Alicia Trimble- April 2012 by jazzyali1323, on Flickr

8805719890_644f91f7eb_m.jpg
    9- Alicia Trimble- December 2012 by jazzyali1323, on Flickr

8795161831_f88273ef97_m.jpg
    Alicia Trimble- May 17 2013 (1) by jazzyali1323, on Flickr

8805736162_1d1f0c32ed_m.jpg
    Alicia Trimble- May 17 2013 (2) by jazzyali1323, on Flickr

8795148001_78350e1cfe_m.jpg
    Alicia Trimble- May 17 2013 (4) by jazzyali1323, on Flickr
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just read your story, your amazing!!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring to all.. Congrats to you!
  • sexykitty_cat
    Options
    OMG, WOW! That's truly inspirational, thank-you for posting before/after pics.
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love zumba its a good all-round exercise.

You look soooooo happy - well done on such a fantastic achievement :flowerforyou:
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Wow! You make me want to try Zumba!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great work and thank you for being such a motivation :)
  • Itlngrl
    Itlngrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    AMAZING Results - Congratulations!!!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is just awesome. I've got around 150 pounds to lose and right now I can't even imagine what I might look like even when I just lose 50 pounds. It's great to see how far you've come and what a change you've made, and it's inspiring to those of us still on our journeys. Great job!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have just given me the additional motivation to keep going! I did my very first Zumba class on 9/1, and have gone to 4 additional classes.... Like you I have been at the back of the class, but OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is so much fun, and by the time we are half way through the class my energy level spikes up and I am pouring buckets of sweat!

Congratulations on an amazing transformation, and thank you for that extra motivation to go even harder at it :drinker:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You look amazing!
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!!! There is no "ugly" anywhere in there. You Rock! :)
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Aw.......... I love your story!!!!!!!!!!!! <smiles> Congrats to you!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! You are amazing! I also love Zumba!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I love Zumba as well.. you look great! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • AshleyDR
    AshleyDR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an incredible job!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Okay I started a Facebook page for anyone who is interested... I'll be sharing tips on what I did for success and answering any questions.

https://www.facebook.com/AliciaTrimbleZumba
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!