Answering Questions

Options

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Please people, please stop using questionable language on the board. Some people are offended by what you say so lets keep it clean. Thank You - I suppose you are going to tell me if I don't like it, go somewhere else - well I just might do that.:angry:

Wow... Just wow.... What gives you the right to... Oh never mind....
    I haven't read through all of the responses yet....... This is going to be a hilarious afternoon....
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Look, Ma! I'm being religious and I didn't say *kitten*! (...Well, now I did. *kitten*.)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I love all the people who are worked up over this thread and telling the OP to ignore the profanity if it bothers her so much. Hmmm... irony much?

Meh, I'm just trying to kill time at work.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I love all the people who are worked up over this thread and telling the OP to ignore the profanity if it bothers her so much. Hmmm... irony much?
    The fact remains that while, yes, everyone could ignore this thread if it bothers them, OP is on a high horse pretending that her feelings are more important than everyone else's freedom to express their feelings. There's a difference between the OP in here and everyone who is saying that she doesn't have a right to tell everyone else how to express themselves.

Is there? How many people have told her she doesn't have the right to tell people what to say or do?
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    The fact remains that while, yes, everyone could ignore this thread if it bothers them, OP is on a high horse pretending that her feelings are more important than everyone else's freedom to express their feelings. There's a difference between the OP in here and everyone who is saying that she doesn't have a right to tell everyone else how to express themselves.

Is there? How many people have told her she doesn't have the right to tell people what to say or do?
    Multiple people have stated that. No one here has a right to choose what other people are allowed to say (unless they are a mod).
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Multiple people have stated that. No one here has a right to choose what other people are allowed to say (unless they are a mod).

Exactly.

I'm just playing devil's advocate at this point... I'm all for profanity, but a lot of people are very good at giving advice and very poor at following it.
  • crista_b
    Options

Exactly.

I'm just playing devil's advocate at this point... I'm all for profanity, but a lot of people are very good at giving advice and very poor at following it.
    That's very true. I'm just saying that while we all have the option to ignore things we don't like, it's rude and ignorant to pretend you have the right to "play God" in a way and tell everyone else that they should change how they express themselves just because you don't like it.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious... where are you going to go?

I would like to know where this magical place on the interwebz where no one uses any form of profanity or says anything offensive is...
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I don't think the OP has been back here since she started this topic.
  • crista_b
    Options

I would like to know where this magical place on the interwebz where no one uses any form of profanity or says anything offensive is...
    www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJGmjnc8LU&feature=player_detailpage
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    hmmm..... have you never heard offensive language in your life? Skip the topics that seem to go that way, and respond to the topics that stay inoffensive.

Words are just words, they really can't hurt you. If you don't like certain language maybe you should stay away from the boards, as we are all adults here.

I certainly have, and used it. I spent over 10 years in the Royal Navy, but this is not, nor should not be, a messdeck on a frigate

Time & a place for everything

Hitting your thumb with a hammer may be reason to swear, sitting typing at a keyboard is not

Casual swearing is not adult, it is childish

Hitting your thumb with a hammer may be reason to swear, sitting typing at a keyboard is not - opinion

Casual swearing is not adult, it is childish - opinion
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    I don't think the OP has been back here since she started this topic.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    LMFAO...I can't believe people are so easily offended. Almost nothing offends me...except poop.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

I think there's a place called ABCMouse.com...
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Please people, please stop using questionable language on the board. Some people are offended by what you say so lets keep it clean. Thank You - I suppose you are going to tell me if I don't like it, go somewhere else - well I just might do that.:angry:

Can you give an example of what you personally find to be "questionable language"?

Because in my experience something one might find offensive, another will not.

Surely you don't expect posters on a public message board on the world wide web to conform to your personal demands, right?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    What do you call a lady getting on her high horse in an internet forum?

tumblr_mbm4l4kKdp1qztwte.gif
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I suggest making generous use of the 'ignore user' feature, I know I do. It makes the forums much more readable. I ignore people who are ignorant and/or d*cks rather than profane, but whatever floats your boat.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is necessary... saying "aw, pussiefeathers" doesn't get the same point across.

Oh good gravy! You need to come to terms regarding your choice of expletives; By George, cats have fur!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The internet was created by humans and is composed in large part by cats. The nature of the beast is both volatile and unpredictable. Come prepared, expect anything.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Members who use offensive language and bullying show a total lack of maturity and wisdom.This is why I only friend responsible mature adults. The rest can go about their miserable way!!!!
This discussion has been closed.