How much do you drink?

Options

Replies

• KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How many ounces are in a unit?
    Used to drink 100 units a week :noway: but have been T-total for 9 years & have never regretted giving alcohol up :smile:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Sufficient.

I'm a bleeding saint otherwise though ;)
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I usually have a glass of wine each evening. Saturday & Sunday I will have a few glasses with my husband.
    Slowly but steadily I have been cutting back, but not ready to give up my wine completely!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I drink when I feel like it, but haven't felt the urge since Christmas/New Year. If I would, I would buy myself a bottle of wine and drink it without reservations even if it was the whole bottle. I drink only wine or beer if it is hot and stay away from anything that has a sugary mixer in it.
    Luckily not feeling like drinking makes " clean " living quite a bit easier.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options

I drink when I feel like it. Been a lot less than normal. I like bourbons, beers, wines are ok. I make my own beer, and wine. I'm hoping to learn to make spirits this year. Sure it's illegal, but so is speeding.

Alcohol is an imminently useful thing, from social situations to culinary situations. Generally when people say things like, I know how to have fun without drinking or being intoxicated... One of two things is true:
    1. You aren't fun.
    2. You are projecting your own personal fears and shortcomings on others.

Oh, and alcohol does have some calories. I'll shut up now. ;)

(A couple glasses of wine are great for you! Even if it's of the two buck chuck varietal.)

Pretty much this (except I d0n't make any booze but I like wine, beer n' vodka)^^^

I don't drink a lot usually, but I do drink when I feel like it.

And when I go to a Horror Con (Like I will be in about 3.5 weeks in NOLA) I feel like it a LOT for 3 days straight. HA! But I don't really eat, so the calories even themselves out I'm sure. *blink*
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm an alcoholic. I haven't had a drink since December 28, 1998.

Congratulations on your sobriety. One day at a time!
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink with a certain group of friends, and I happen to have plans with them like three or four times in the next week, so I foresee a lot of drinking coming up. But it only takes a couple glasses of whatever we're having to get me tipsy. But after that I'll probably go two or three weeks without drinking anything. My drinking comes in waves. I prefer red wine, but I like a lot of local beers that we have in the PNW. I don't usually drink hard liquor, but I do like a whiskey ginger when I'm feeling fancy.
  • blakerb29
    blakerb29 Posts: 74
    Options
    Barely ever touch the stuff. Maybe 3-5 weeks a year I will have any at all and even then its likely to be 1 or 2 beers.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks GuitarJerry.

Ahhh boooze...the cause of and solution to all mankind's problems. :P
    I'm fond of Bourbon, beer is great on a hot day, and wine is very pleasant with some meals.
    I'm definitely a fan of alcoholic beverages, but drink sparingly.

Lately I've been having a drink about twice a week.
    Sometimes it's more often than that.
    But generally not every day and almost never more than one drink per day.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    No Idea about the Unit mess.

I drink a couple beers which are normally followed by a couple mixed drinks, which is normally followed by a few shots, and then a beer to end the night, you know.. to ease my stomach after I throw up.

I do this about once a week.

It's my vice. Other than cupcakes.
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    No Idea about the Unit mess.

I drink a couple beers which are normally followed by a couple mixed drinks, which is normally followed by a few shots, and then a beer to end the night, you know.. to ease my stomach after I throw up.

I do this about once a week.

It's my vice. Other than cupcakes.

^^SO THIS^^ your my hero :laugh:
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Until I start regurgitating blood back out so much that I consumed negative calories for the day. My body has to utilize calories for red blood cell production for the blood lost
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    Until I start regurgitating blood back out so much that I consumed negative calories for the day. My body has to utilize calories for red blood cell production for the blood lost

That could be an Ulcer, yo.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

That could be an Ulcer, yo.

thats the secret to my weight loss
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    Ive been doing it wrong this whole time.

Mind blown.

Market that *kitten*.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I used to drink around a bottle of wine a night from maybe 2004-2011. Weekends were lots of tequila & a few beers.
    Now a bottle of wine can last me a week, or rather I have a glass or two of wine maybe 3 nights a week.
    I'll go out once or twice a month and have maybe 3 or 4 drinks.

Ironically I had a problem drinking when I was a kid, in the '90s. (I mean a kid - like age 11-15.) Once I actually started getting sick from it though (how an 11 yr old can drink a glass of vodka straight still boggles my mind) I was like "hey, this is not the thing to do." & haven't had a problem since. It was always a choice for me, and when I can identify that something needs to change, I usually can always make the change fairly quickly.

From how seriously amazingly wonderful I've been feeling the past few months now that my health has gotten enormously better, the once or twice I did drink a lot more than I should have, the next day I was reminded how not worth it it is. I mean, if I'm on practically a natural high with how amazing I've been feeling, why would I want to screw that up? It's not like being drunk is THAT awesome. :wink:
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm an alcoholic. I haven't had a drink since December 28, 1998.

Congratulations on your sobriety. One day at a time!

I agree.

My drug of choice has always been food.

I drank different types of alcohol once at a family members house and had like 5 drinks. I got so sick that night and the next day that I never wanted a drink ever again. I can't stand the taste of alcohol. It was even worse after throwing it up. Some of the brands of beer were sweet but kind of a sickly sweet that I would not want to consume on a regular basis.

Now I only really drink water or juice. I am really boring.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    while i have drank alcohol in the past...i would be lucky to have a glass once a year now. Id much prefer to spend my calories on actual food :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I barely drink anything anymore which is a good thing.