Boob Job!! And weight lifting

Options
1235»

Replies

• ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wait, just like everyone else. If not be prepared for a botched recovery LOL

What size implants, profile, did u get? And whats your bra size now?

400cc...At first the doc recommended 325cc max for my frame, but we decided on the bigger size in the end since I wanted a full D. They are about 2.2 cm beyond bwd though.

I was a bit worried that it would be too much for my frame but I love the results! I am now a 30D (ribcage 26")

Everyone is different though, my friend got 400's as well I believe for a c cup-depends on the individual.

that's because a d is not the same cup size on a 30 as it is on 36 or 38 for example.
    Most people think a "d" is huge. a 30D=32C=34B=36A in terms of cup.

I will also look different for the same reason (30D is same size cup as 36A, but will look large on a tiny frame whereas the 36A will look small on a larger frame.

btw, if you are 26 inches underbust you should really be wearing a 26 inch band. Ok, they are pretty hard to find, but you should be able to get 28DD's easily enough (ebay, amazon, maybe even Nordstroms)!
    they will provide far more support, especially if you run or whatever

That is true...at this point I can't picture myself with any larger breasts without topping forward :laugh:
    As for the band, I know..it's just tough when the lowest usually is 32 in store. I usually have to get a new hook added and the straps adjusted. Still wearing my post-op support bra, so I've yet to go bra shopping.

I'm new to actually needing support..I don't run, but I know it's something I have to keep in mind now.

well, gravity works on the fake ones too, eventually!
    so definitely worth investing in a few decent bras.
    you won't find them in any store, but you will find them on Ebay quite cheaply, and more of a selection than you can imagine!

In a pinch, you could probably make due with a 32C, taken in about 4 inches (which throws the bra out of line, but is workable if you are desperate!)

Ugh gravity is such a pain...thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out-bra shopping has always been such a pain for me :laugh:

NoKTdidnt, that sounds horrible...fortunately after the first 5 days I've been quite comfortable and have even forgotten that they're there sometimes (other than getting used to my center of gravity being shifted, haha.)
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    I had implants and it took me a month before I wouldve considered doing workouts
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Finding a proper fitting bra can change your life. Check out Bravissimo. com (unless you're in the UK and can go into one of the stores). They sell/make bras in sizes from 28-40 D-L. I know when I recently went down a size from losing weight and then tried to wear one of my bigger bras (I only went from a 36HH to a 34HH) it felt horrible, like no support at all. Good luck in your healing process!!
  • ggxx100
    Options
    Finding a proper fitting bra can change your life. Check out Bravissimo. com (unless you're in the UK and can go into one of the stores). They sell/make bras in sizes from 28-40 D-L. I know when I recently went down a size from losing weight and then tried to wear one of my bigger bras (I only went from a 36HH to a 34HH) it felt horrible, like no support at all. Good luck in your healing process!!

Thank you! Usually I have to scrounge and settle for adjusting down a larger bra..

Site's great-first time I've seen a 28inch bra offered :drinker:
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Do NOT lift upper body before 6 weeks and I recommend you never do chest again if you are going under the muscle. You can permanently distort your implant placement. You really need to let your body heal and let them drop so they look natural and don't get stuck up high. Plus, being this is your first go around, you will likely be sore as hell for weeks anyway.

Oh good lord, I thought the mis-information on this site was confined to fitness and diet. Now we have moved onto breast implants as well....Never do chest again.....yeah tell all the ladies with implants that also compete that...see how that piece of advice goes down.
  • ggxx100
    Options
    Do NOT lift upper body before 6 weeks and I recommend you never do chest again if you are going under the muscle. You can permanently distort your implant placement. You really need to let your body heal and let them drop so they look natural and don't get stuck up high. Plus, being this is your first go around, you will likely be sore as hell for weeks anyway.

Oh good lord, I thought the mis-information on this site was confined to fitness and diet. Now we have moved onto breast implants as well....Never do chest again.....yeah tell all the ladies with implants that also compete that...see how that piece of advice goes down.

Hahah

Yeah..since I've been experiencing the fitness modeling world I'm surprised how many have implants. I do understand waiting for a long period of time and properly healing...but never again is an awfully long time :laugh:
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

Thank you! Usually I have to scrounge and settle for adjusting down a larger bra..

Site's great-first time I've seen a 28inch bra offered :drinker:

yeah... but they are three times the price as on EBAY, and for the same bras.

trust me, I've been doing this forever!

don;t buy the Bravissimo house line bras, they are crappy compared to Freya, Fantasie, Panache, fauve etc.

Bravissimo sells all those brands, but so do any department stores in the UK. and again, I can't stress EBAY enough as you can get all those for about 1/3 of the price Bravissimo sells them for!

Bravissimo is great if you need a fitting, but unfortunately being in the US you can;t make use of that service anyway!
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just be patient and listen to your doctor. I have a friend who started working out too soon after a breast reduction, tore something and now several years later she can barely lift her arms over her head.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just be patient and listen to your doctor. I have a friend who started working out too soon after a breast reduction, tore something and now several years later she can barely lift her arms over her head.
    Why hasn't she seen her surgeon?? That's one of the things you pay for in the cost of the surgery, the aftercare! Even if she did something to damage herself, the doctor is always willing to work with his patient to make sure that their quality of life isn't sub par. I would think that if someone is having that great of an issue, they would have sought medical help long before now....
  • ggxx100
    Options
    My six weeks are almost up and I get to lift soon! Looking back, its silly how I thought waiting this long would be the end of the world. Relatively, it was an extremely short period of time. Ended up with 32D (well, 26F but that's hard to find)..and will probably D&F to a bit larger.

Kimberly702, your friend definitely needs to seek a doctor's advice. I was able to lift my arms comfortably after a week and now I barely notice my implants, I just have taken care to avoid lifting over about 10 pounds. I definitely couldn't have sucked it up for several years if I were her.
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it went well!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I just want to add:

Bless breasts, real and fake.

They really do make the world smile.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    it really depends on the type of surgery you are getting ( under how many muscles and the procedure used) listen to your doc ... it took me about a month to be able to start training again but only cardio ( bike elliptical not running since its too much of a shock) over all i started lifting again 4 months after but REALLY gradually
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    oops i just say it was an old post XD glad to see it went well ˝:P
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I had unders done with silicone implants 3 months ago. Last week I decided to resume some of my chest workouts against the recommendations of my plastic surgeon. After a few push ups and seated chest presses, I had some pretty mild pain/discomfort in my right breast. It has been a week, the pain has gotten significantly worse and I now have a dent in my right breast. I have an appt. today with my plastic surgeon....awesome..