more proof mcdonald s is yuck

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    They should've never switched from palm oil to "vegetable oil". That is where they ****ed up the fries.
  • nicolen763
    nicolen763 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely disgusting!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I can see the point that McDonald's (and similar places) are not healthy... but blaming them for your weight gain, or health problems... and making them out to be the enemy is just an excuse. People that eat clean are not any better (as people) than those that eat out. I worked at McDonald's for over a year and ate there every day and didn't gain any weight, had a healthy cholesterol and blood pressure. But I was a very active, young girl at the time. Starting my journey, I have cut out all fast food and sodas... but better believe when I take my kids to the movies tomorrow I will be eating some of that chemical-laden and "disgustingly bad" popcorn they serve! I'll also continue taking my kids to fast food joints as a treat now and then. I don't think it's as big a deal as some people make it out to be. It's a burger (or a chicken nugget)... not the end of the world! :)
  • nicolen763
    nicolen763 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    anything that tastes GOOD is BAD!

one lesson i have learnt the hard way!

That's the truth!
  • YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love mcdonalds breakfast but stopped buying it when i actually started making my own egg and sausage mcmuffin at home for a fraction of the price with better quality ingredients.

If im really gonna eat take away im gnna have some greasy kfc or go to my local kebab shop and eat grilled lamb shish with garlic sauce.
    I still haven't had any for quiet a while now but a treat here and there is not gonna make me grow extra limbs.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's pretty gross.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Bad parenting. As someone who has changed their own lifestyle, I would hope that you had the same ambitions for you children. The circle continues...
    Letting your kids eat McDonald's once or twice a month hardly constitutes bad parenting.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????

Bad parenting. As someone who has changed their own lifestyle, I would hope that you had the same ambitions for you children. The circle continues...

Oh Em Gee, bad parenting for letting her kids have McDonald's once a month? Best be callin' DHS to report that shizzle.
    badass.gif
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????

You're honestly calling someone a bad parent for taking their kids to McDonalds?

Who on Earth are you to judge? Seriously.

Someone takes their kids to McDonalds once a month and you have the nerve to critique their parenting. That blows my mind.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzpxs0XNbo1r840iwo1_1280.jpg
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

I disagree that this is "bad parenting" We certainly do not eat fast good as much as we used to. But every couple of months we still do. Moderation.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Letting your kids eat McDonald's once or twice a month hardly constitutes bad parenting.

^^^This
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

one lesson i have learnt the hard way!

:noway: What?! That's a pretty jaded view of food.

I've lost over 100 pounds and improved all my health indicators be eating food that tastes good - delicious even!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

:huh: That's a load of bull doo-doo.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    SOURCES!!!

If you are going to copy and paste entire internet articles at least link the source. Especially when making big claims like this one.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mcdonalds-fast-food-toxic-ingredients-include-putty-and-cosmetic-petrochemicals
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I do eat at McDonald's occasionally.

I always order the SW Grilled Chicken salad. With the dressing, it's about 400 calories. That said, I don't do it that often, as I know that even if it's considered "low cal" it has a ton of salt and preservatives in it.

Still, it's pretty tasty and is still far better than a Big Mac and Fries...
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I worked at McPuke's for an hour once. I caught a coworker in the bathroom with the mayonaise jug dispenser. Some people got more than mayonaise that day.....

OMG...:sick:
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't really see any "proof" provided.

The only thing I eat from McDonald's is the ice cream/McFlurrys and french fries. Mmmm fries :heart:
  • nuttingh
    nuttingh Posts: 65
    Options
    I love it when people have agendas and a desire to talk down to everyone else in order to feel a false sense of superiority. Or should I say, "I'm lovin' it!"

Pass the Chicken McNuggets.

Amen! Not saying that it's good for you. Most fast food is not. But people still eat it and while there's chemicals or unknown risk factors at McD's, there is everywhere else. You think it hasn't happened at a steakhouse? A diner? A fine dining establishment? No one wants to think it but unless you make it, you don't know where it's been or how it's been treated. It's a risk we all take.

Don't criticize one particular place unless you are going to criticize them all and not eat at them all. And it's not nice to make other people feel bad because of your own opinions. Please be respectful and let's hope we never catch you in a fast food line.

Have a nice day everyone!
    Heather :)
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    American chains tend to have a choice between grilled and fried, hardly get that here. I think the chicken salad is the only thing.
This discussion has been closed.