more proof mcdonald s is yuck

Options

Replies

• hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't think McDonald's is nutritionally any worse than any other fast food joint.

My kids won't eat there anymore, ever since they saw "Super Size Me" and that Jamie Oliver chicken nugget making demonstration. They are actually offended that I used to take them there from time to time. (Indoor play area for the cost of a happy meal or a sunday was a great deal when they were little, on a rainy weekend day.) I've actually had to tell them to cool it on lecturing their friends on the subject because I don't want the reputation of being a sanctimonious parent. We never went there a lot, but we haven't eaten there in about 4 years.

But honestly, I'm kind of glad. They make me feel just a little bit of shame when I think about grabbing a 390 calorie McDouble just because it fits my macros. I don't need it and there are local burger joints around here if I really feel like I have to satisfy the craving. I'd rather go somewhere locally owned because the money stays in my community, but I'm not about telling other people what they should be doing.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????

Bad parenting. As someone who has changed their own lifestyle, I would hope that you had the same ambitions for you children. The circle continues...

For NO other reason than to piss you off, I'm taking my kid to McDonalds for lunch now.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    McDonald's?? The service usually sucks, even worse than the food, using that term loosely. Want two patties on a bun? ONLY? Explain twice what you mean by ONLY. You'll get it with artificial orange plastic cheese, send it back, get it without cheese but with limp lettuce and plastic tomato, send it back, finally have to explain as you would to a toddler exactly what you want and don't want, item by item, they don't recognize that word "only". And if you want a burger which they HAVE in the fridge, but it's still fifteen minutes before the breakfast menu goes off, you have to wait that fifteen minutes or more, because you can't order a burger while the breakfast menu is on. Happened to me. That's why I now boycott that chain; haven't been there in ten years. Arby's rocks, though.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    for he person who said they are taking their kids to Mcdonalds to make me mad
    itytt has nothing to do with me
    it is s imply an article that i posted
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????

Bad parenting. As someone who has changed their own lifestyle, I would hope that you had the same ambitions for you children. The circle continues...

You're honestly calling someone a bad parent for taking their kids to McDonalds?

Who on Earth are you to judge? Seriously.

Someone takes their kids to McDonalds once a month and you have the nerve to critique their parenting. That blows my mind.

Agree 100%. If you're not a parent yourself, don't even begin to THINK about criticizing those of us who do it every day. And even if you are a parent - glass houses.....
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    Actually the only people i see on there high horses, are the posters. NOT the original poster. What the hell is with all the snide remarks and sarcasim? guys.. COME ON. Mcdonalds is bad for you. There is not one thing that isnt loaded with bad cholesterol, sodium nitrates, chemicals and preservatives. The OP isnt telling anyone not to eat there, but you gotta admit she has a point. How can any of you who are supposed to be here for health and fitness defend that place? Have none of you ever seen "supersize me?" I HIGHLY reccomend it to all of you who just had to pop off smart to the OP. A mcdonalds burger and fries were put in glass container for a whole year and know what happened at the end of that year?... The burger and fries still looked fresh, like they had'nt aged a day. Compare that to the regular burger from home and fresh french fires, that looked like green and brown pile of mold and mush?..yeah im sure you see where im going with this. The stuff isn't food. It doesn't decompose because its all chemicals. Everyone have a good day.
    Watch "Fathead". There are always more sides to a story....I'm not saying either is correct or right, but before you form opinions shouldn't you have the most facts you can get????
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

HERES WHERE THE ARTICLE IS FOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McDonalds Fast Food: Toxic Ingredients Include Putty & Cosmetic Petrochemicals | World Truth.TV

worldtruth.tv

McDonalds Fast Food: Toxic Ingredients Include Putty & Cosmetic Petrochemicalsalternative health, Health, Healthy eating, natural healthNovember 28, 20120 CommentsShare This Article TweetEvery mouthful of McDonald meal contains a handful of chemicals that

Written by a guy with a degree in psychology who is a life coach.
  • Sav_Sky
    Sav_Sky Posts: 82
    Options
    PLEASE provide the evidence that McDonalds alters your DNA. I would really love seeing that. Who knew that McNuggets had such an effect on human physiology...

It's true. I ate at McDonald's the other day and suddenly was able to climb walls, shoot webs, and got a strange tingling sensation whenever trouble was about to happen.

Any sort of toxin like pesticides, harmful perservatives, radiation etc. that can cause mutations in the DNA of the cells of the body. That is what cancer is... mutated cells, they do not function properly and eventually metastize.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

For NO other reason than to piss you off, I'm taking my kid to McDonalds for lunch now.

Hahaha I love this!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

can you get me a sweet chilli chicken wrap?
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Don't judge lest ye be judged yourself. And you wouldn't like that, would you. Feeding your child a frickin fast food hamburger 3 to 4 times a year does not make you a bad parent for crying out loud. What a ****ty thing to say to someone. I'd rather be addicted to fast food and be 300lb than have a rotten heart like you.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    it does warrent a thread c uz people are s till eating it

Like I said, another person who has no business judging other people's fitness and nutrition habits doing just that. Best of luck with your fitness and nutrition goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love my food with a side of tertiary butylhydroquinone and synthetic chemicals.

*Dips mickey D fry into ketchup, chases with diet coke*
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    for he person who said they are taking their kids to Mcdonalds to make me mad
    itytt has nothing to do with me
    it is s imply an article that i posted

She meant that for the person that called us bad parents for taking kids to McDonalds occasionally. Not to you, op.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

McDonalds Fast Food: Toxic Ingredients Include Putty & Cosmetic Petrochemicals | World Truth.TV

worldtruth.tv

McDonalds Fast Food: Toxic Ingredients Include Putty & Cosmetic Petrochemicalsalternative health, Health, Healthy eating, natural healthNovember 28, 20120 CommentsShare This Article TweetEvery mouthful of McDonald meal contains a handful of chemicals that

Never trust a website that has "truth" in the name.
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    I worked at McPuke's for an hour once. I caught a coworker in the bathroom with the mayonaise jug dispenser. Some people got more than mayonaise that day.....

omg that is ****ing disgusting.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

Don't judge lest ye be judged yourself. And you wouldn't like that, would you. Feeding your child a frickin fast food hamburger 3 to 4 times a year does not make you a bad parent for crying out loud. What a ****ty thing to say to someone. I'd rather be addicted to fast food and be 300lb than have a rotten heart like you.

She is coming back to defend herself?
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'd venture to guess any prepackaged frozen food found in any supermarket is just as bad for you.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

worldtruth.tv

"You can't put anything on the internet unless it's the truth."
    "Where did you hear that?"
    "The internet."

Still love that comercial. State Farm I think??
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

worldtruth.tv

That's also my rule for topics on MFP
This discussion has been closed.