Ladies: Best Way To Approach You In The Gym?

Options

Replies

• DietandVlogsense
    DietandVlogsense Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Simple.

Don't.

Sorry.
    I would have to agree with this.
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    This whole thread is comedy. Listen, walk up to her and strike up a conversation... if she seriously has been looking at you, she's probably been trying to figure out a way to approach you as well, that or she thinks you're a creep because you keep looking at her... Worst case scenario she tells you to buzz off.... best case, you've got a dinner date (just choose someplace healthy ;) )
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    From the front if I am doing leg lifts :tongue:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the pages of replies, but I'll say I WISH I got approached at the gym! I'd never be annoyed by a guy coming up to me. I am trying to cut down on the use of headphones, because I've heard that makes me look less approachable, but please, go for it! :love:
  • gabeej
    gabeej Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm gonna go with this is a lose-lose situation. It is very difficult to approach anyone at the gym, they are not there for socialization, and many find it rude/insensitive/stupid/weird/creepy when people do.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Bring me a beer! Then I'm all yours!! :drinker: Oh! Excuse me.....a LIGHT beer!!
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think that waiting until she is leaving the gym, maybe in the hallway or something would be a more accepted approach, I get annoyed when guys try to talk to me during my workout... I am there to look ugly, break a sweat and kick my own *kitten*... leave me alone... HAHA

Totally. Lol.
  • toots99
    Options
    I should make a t-shirt that says "I'm one of the few women here who won't be annoyed if you come hit on me!" :laugh:
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I should make a t-shirt that says "I'm one of the few women here who won't be annoyed if you come hit on me!" :laugh:
    Ditto! :tongue:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Anything you say or do around a woman who isn't interested in you is considered creepy.
    Anything you say or do around a woman who is interested in you is considered attractive.

This is a no-win situation for you.

Ummm have you SEEN Beau (the OP)?!?
    Everyone would consider him attractive. He can't NOT win.
  • toots99
    Options
    Guess I am the weird girl in the room because I don't mind at all if a guy comes up to talk to me at the gym. I like when they come to the machine next to me and just strike up conversation. To me it shows they are fearless. Sure you could wait till I leave the gym but to me that's creepy and I think you were too wussy to talk to me earlier.
    To prevent being rude just say "Hey, I don't mean to interrupt your workout, but I saw you from across the room and you caught my eye. You look like you are going strong in your workout, but I would love to hear from you." Slip me your number and tada! Not only have you energized my workout by making me feel all good on the inside, but I will call/text you haha.

This. Exactly this.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If I'm a hot, sweaty, red hot mess that just got off a treadmill, I do NOT want to be approached.

Note to self, catch the hot ones BEFORE they hit the treadmill...
  • kumitekg
    kumitekg Posts: 61
    Options
    Ok, ignore all the girls saying DON'T. If you make eye contact and she looks away, than yeah, don't approach her. But if you smile at her and she smiles back, that's a good sign. It's probably not a good idea to walk up to her while she's working out and interrupt her, so wait to speak to her when she's about to leave the gym, i.e. done with her workout. Don't leave at the same time, because that would be creepy, and maybe don't walk right up to her and stand in her path, but just say "Hi, how are you" in passing and see how she reacts. It's good to let her know you're interested, and then see if she makes eye contact with you next time you're at the gym. Just break the ice and see if she immediately puts another wall up.

I definitely think it's nice to say hi to people you're interested in getting to know. Why not meet people at the gym? You clearly do have some interest in common! The gym is a community, folks. If we keep cutting out social interactions in public places, we're all going to end up alone in front of our computers!

While the girls not wanting to be approached are obviously entitled to their opinion and outlooks, and no one likes to feel creeped out if someone is just "leering at them" (which has happened to me at the gym too), I definitely agree with this. I didn't go to the gym for the express PURPOSE of meeting someone, but if I did happen to meet someone there who obviously shared this common interest with me, I would consider it a good thing.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    The best way to approach a woman at the gym.... Piss off.

I get annoyed when even the staff talks to me. Shut up! I'm in my zone.

This changes if she's eyeing you I suppose... You could smile and wait for a response... If its an inviting response go to the machine and be like "how you doinnnnn?"
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    ladieme.jpg
  • micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ave you SEEN Beau (the OP)?!?
    Everyone would consider him attractive. He can't NOT win.

Ahh, I should have said this is a no win situation for most guys. But then again, guys are the superficial ones who primarily care about looks, right?

I kid, I kid...

...sort of.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192
    Options
    I haven't read all the pages of replies, but I'll say I WISH I got approached at the gym! I'd never be annoyed by a guy coming up to me. I am trying to cut down on the use of headphones, because I've heard that makes me look less approachable, but please, go for it! :love:

toots99, sorry, but if this is your "gym face" it'd scare the sh* t out of me. :laugh:

182282_6155.jpg
  • mdmccowan
    mdmccowan Posts: 20
    Options
    Come workout next to me
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

^^I agree. I understand where some girls are coming from, not wanting to be approached while working out, but I would personally love it. It would make me feel so good to have a guy approach me at my worst, all sweaty and gross. Yes, I am married, and would have to politely decline if anyone ever seriously hit on me (like that would ever happen! lol) but it's still nice to be admired by someone.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192
    Options
    ^^I agree. I understand where some girls are coming from, not wanting to be approached while working out, but I would personally love it. It would make me feel so good to have a guy approach me at my worst, all sweaty and gross. Yes, I am married, and would have to politely decline if anyone ever seriously hit on me (like that would ever happen! lol) but it's still nice to be admired by someone.

cait0902-Hey baby lets hit the fitness pool!

vol001_borat_mankini.jpg