I haven't pooped in almost a week!

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I'm just old-fashioned in many ways and to say something like that on a coed site is yuck in my opinion but I know some don't care or have been taught it's ok. Maybe I'm the one that's wrong. So maybe I'll just join in and say I hope you unload sooner then later.

TMI, grief:noway:
    I have been on track with my eating & excersing but it seems like ever since I've started MFP I've been going A LOT less then I normally do. I feel bloated! HELP!

everyone poops. how is it TMI?

Wait...but if it was a woman saying she hadn't pooped and you are a woman....wouldn't it not be TMI since it was stated and read by two women?
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    It's fine, it means your body is working at peak efficiency and producing no waste.

(waits to see if there are any more It's Always Sunny fans on here)

I like your response the best!! Lol :flowerforyou:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    try pushing :drinker: \m/
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can count how many real fruits and vegetables you've had this week on one hand. I'm surprised you poop at all after eating all that processed crap.
    ^^ This

theres a ton of junk food in the dairy,where are the fruits and vegetables?No Fiber-No Poop.The End.
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    I'm just old-fashioned in many ways and to say something like that on a coed site is yuck in my opinion but I know some don't care or have been taught it's ok. Maybe I'm the one that's wrong. So maybe I'll just join in and say I hope you unload sooner then later.

I have been on track with my eating & excersing but it seems like ever since I've started MFP I've been going A LOT less then I normally do. I feel bloated! HELP!

Jeez! I dont walk around holding a sign. But this is a fitness website! I was just looking for some insight...

Wait...but if it was a woman saying she hadn't pooped and you are a woman....wouldn't it not be TMI since it was stated and read by two women?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

surprised that you're 60 years old and acting like my 10 year old, but okay.
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    I can count how many real fruits and vegetables you've had this week on one hand. I'm surprised you poop at all after eating all that processed crap.
    ^^ This

theres a ton of junk food in the dairy,where are the fruits and vegetables?No Fiber-No Poop.The End.

I ate a lot more crap before this diet, trust me...I've had fiber bars every day this week along with Fiber Choice chewables. Theres fruit in there, not so much veggies but I do what I can.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I haven't pooped in almost a week!
    I feel bloated!

I'm sorry....I lol'd.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Have yourself a delicious meal of strawberries, grapes, and pineapple and a handful of nuts. Or try a smoothie with ground chia seeds. Have coffee with either of these.

Don't use Senna (including teas) unless you have tried modifying your diet and that doesn't work. If you do need to take a laxative, take some of the suggestions here on board afterward because you can't/shouldn't use laxatives very often.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    ^^ This

I ate a lot more crap before this diet, trust me...I've had fiber bars every day this week along with Fiber Choice chewables. Theres fruit in there, not so much veggies but I do what I can.

flax meal and cocout oil help me :D
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    ^^ This

thank god someone said this...your diary is filled with crap! i hate to say it...but I'm not sure what part of "eating right" went wrong. eek. just the honest truth, sorry.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I agree a cup of coffee works great. I also drink 100% Aloe juice and or adding some 2 tbsp flax a day sometimes both are added to my morning smoothies. Becareful with the Smooth Moves Tea though, it has Senna in it (which is an ingredient found in some of those popular name brand laxatives) and sometimes can cause stomach pains.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    This....

everyone in my house eats crap & when I'm at work its hard. I do eat fruit, maybe not so much veggies, but compared to my old diet I think I've been doing pretty well.

Veggies veggies veggies...

Also, and I don't remember the source, but this issue in general seems to hit women more than men.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    These are all pretty good suggestions.. But if it's been a full a week with nothing at all, that could be cause for real concern. You probably should at least call your doctor.

If you are not passing gas, go to the ER because you likely have an obstruction. It's very unlikely you'll clear an obstruction without medical help.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    ^^ This

^^ this.... eat more real food. stop eating candy/junk and frozen or processed stuff everyday... eggs, veggies, fruit, nuts, legumes, brown rice, fish, whole wheat grains.... everyone eats junk at my house too... I live with my fiance and a male roomie who want pizza and big macs all the time... oh how nice you're treating me to supper... oh mcdonalds again? I'll have the grilled chicken salad please.... it can be done... oh and I work full time and a part time job... pre plan. :) I eat out quite a lot more than I should, but for the most part I try to get salads and stuff. and treat myself one or two times a week. I treat myself to chocolate a couple times a week, but not candy every day...
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when i first atrted and i was eating mostly raw fruit and veg, and drinking a gallon of water a day....it was weird! but psyllium husk has really helped me.
  • linzee2207
    linzee2207 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My sister has this problem when she diets. You want to make sure your eating a lot of green stuff. The bread and the cheese are the worst! Add fiber to your diet! If you don't want to waste the calories on those fiber 1 bars (which are great) there are fiber supplements you can put in your drinks and they are tasteless and I am pretty sure they are 0 calories. They've helped my sister a lot. Also look into probiotic supplements or try a yogurt like activia that has the same stuff in it. Good luck!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    fiber and yogurt. No bananas...they are like buttputty.

OMG...dying laughing inside!! ;):laugh:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    A single cup of coffee first thing n the morning can also help. Sounds weird but it really does work.

Ditto ^ works for me! :D

Coffee is actually a diuretic, which is why it helps flush your system.

And one of the suspected causes of colon cancer is not pooping, because holding it and not going as often causes stress which they hypothesize leads to cancer. Its one of the reasons fiber, and anything that helps regulate the digestive system, is considered so good for you!

Anyone ever sit there long enough that their leg falls asleep and it feels like your walking with a peg leg afterwards?
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    See. Dr. Immeadiately. People die frequently from bowel problems- Don't risk your life for a diet. Also- More liquids- Dr's will often recommend a liquid diet until you - you know- Get right.