Unfortunate things about your current place of residence

Options

Replies

• sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    People thinking that all of us are like those worthless Jersey Shore dirtbags.

^^^ This
    And INSANE property taxes!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would say nothing - I love living where I do! We have mountains, beautiful wildlife, rivers, no traffic, a decent-sized town within a 20 minute drive, affordable housing, low taxes, low crime, good jobs in the area, 4 distinct seasons, friendly people, great locally farmed food, awesome non-chain restaurants, lots of vineyards. I could go on and on! :smile:

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes (like now), the summers are TOO HOT!
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It seems like the people around here are in a constant competition to see who can take the most far-right fringy ultra-conservative position in life....and then insist that the rest of us blindly follow them or else endure the social-equivalent of burning crosses on our front lawns.

I can count on one hand the number of restaurants in this area that are NOT chains.

Intelligence, science and knowledge/appreciation of things outside this county are openly mocked, feared, and denigrated....there is an appalling glorification of the mediocre, of blind faith, and of willful ignorance here.

Hubby has apologized over and over for moving us here in the first place. We can't wait to get the eff out.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Orlando, FL

The fact that everyone thinks you live right next to Disney. (Disney is in Kissimmee, not Orlando)
    Tourists
    I-4
    The drivers. I have driven through 20+ states and yes, there are bad drivers everywhere, but I swear, it's an epidemic in Orlando. And I'm not talking about the tourists who don't know where they're going. I'm talking natives.
    Giant fricken cockroaches that fly.
    The summer sucks.
  • yngone
    yngone Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would say nothing - I love living where I do! We have mountains, beautiful wildlife, rivers, no traffic, a decent-sized town within a 20 minute drive, affordable housing, low taxes, low crime, good jobs in the area, 4 distinct seasons, friendly people, great locally farmed food, awesome non-chain restaurants, lots of vineyards. I could go on and on! :smile:

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes (like now), the summers are TOO HOT!

Where do you live? sounds IDEAL......except I would definitely miss the beach
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    my parents live there, too.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    other than really dumb people teach in our school systems...just the trash on the side of the road. really people, if your mouth hangs open, you shouldn't be a teacher and it's not hard to just wait until you find a trashcan.

ouch. I can never run for office of any kind after that. oops.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I can't just drive beach every day.:noway:
  • bikechic61
    bikechic61 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'd live there in a heartbeat.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The small minds. :frown:

and everything is dead. I am used to living in a beautiful green place. Everything here dies as soon as summer hits and then stays dead except for a few weeks of Spring. :sad:
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Indiana. 'Nuff said.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Things cost 150% more because I live on an island and crane flies.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The summers are hot as hell and the winter weather is truly unpredictable. We never have just rain it is always a thunderstorm. Everything south of Dallas is ghetto or half way there (and I live south of Dallas :-/). Oh and it is not my wonderful homestate of California!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Ungodly hot summers, crazy winters and the scenery is corn fields.
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    I'm a liberal bisexual atheist female living in Kansas. This is a beautiful state with some fantastic human beings in it and an insanely low cost of living, but it's also Kansas.

edit: reading through the rest of these replies (including/especially my own) i have to say... First World Problems. This site itself is a response to a first world problem, but still... feh.
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The fact that we only have two seasons... Winter and Construction

This!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Everything...it's Jersey...sorry.

P.s. I love Ohio!
    I also like Ohio!

But, I guess it is a,"grass is always greener," mentality.

Its gotta be.
    There are so many things to do in Cincinnati, and its a great city. I mostly hate the climate. I can't stand the winters. Hate them. And I'd like to live closer to the city.
  • SireMikale
    Options
    Nothing ever changes,,, it always seems the same,,, the divide between the well off and the poor is staggering and Definate.... and if you dont live n the right side of the tracks your crap
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    No yard for my pups to run in :(

New bakery that just opened a block away. Damn bakery smells!!! Croissants and sweet breads, damn!
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    It's a 3rd floor apartment. So really it's a blessing because I work out everytime I come home but having a beautiful wife and 2 babies makes her life a living hell. I need to some how make a pully system for the kids so that she can venture out by herself while I am at work.