Options
yogagirl1111
yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
Is there anything besides fruit?

Replies

• guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    some people eat it with salt, pepper, and veggies (like tomatoes). I prefer the sweet version with applesauce or other fruit.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My brother eats his loaded with pepper. I find that's pretty much the only way I can get past the taste and texture, too, but I can't put as much pepper on it as he does or I wouldn't be able to breath.

If you can't find a way to eat it so you actually like it, don't eat it as it isn't worth it and look for another option.

I may have to try the applesauce though.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I like it plain, or on a wheat cracker
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bump! My cottage cheese has been sitting in my fridge for a week because I don't know what to do with it...but I thought I'd give it a shot...
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I use it when I'm cooking. It makes for a great cream subsitute in alfredo sauce (and significantly reduces the calories)
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    the apple sauce and some cinnamon or apple pie spice is pretty darn tasty!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I use it as a dip for raw veggies sometimes.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just eat it plain usually. But sometimes, I'll cut up a few strawberries and eat it with that.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pop it onto a baked potato - yum.
  • Eafears
    Eafears Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I put a variety of berries or grapes. Sometimes salt and pepper. I will say that there are tons of brands out there and some of them are horrible. so you may have to try a few before you find one you really enjoy.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I like it plain, with pineapple, or mixed with tuna fish.

Years and years ago there was a WW about it with sweetener and cinnamon on a rice cake or something so it supposed tasted like a danish. I was skeptical at the time and as it turned out rightly so. Did not like that option at all.
  • Jeffjaysmith
    Jeffjaysmith Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.

...seriously though, I'm okay with eating it plain. I don't eat it too often, though, because it's way high in sodium, and that's one thing I need to keep down (and the reduced-sodium variety? That I CAN'T do. Ugh.)
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I put it in my spaghetti.
    Weird, I know, but it makes it taste like lasagna and it gives a protein boost!!!
  • backonbandwagon
    Options
    Sprinkled with cinnamon or with fresh cracked pepper. Def. going to try it in sauces or in a baked spud now tho! Great post - thanks for the suggestions.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese! I usually just eat it plain, or sprinkle cinnamon or cocoa powder on it. Here's a great protein bar recipe that uses cottage cheese:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-apple-cinnamon-protein-bars.html
  • LatinaPuppyLover
    Options
    I use a little bit os sugar free.syrup
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    the apple sauce and some cinnamon or apple pie spice is pretty darn tasty!

Apple cinnamon mmm :happy:

I gave up on cottage cheese. Used to mix it with whey protein, nuts, peanut butter. I switched over to plain non-fat greek yogurt. Similar nutrition facts and way easier for me to stomach.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    With a fork.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I put it in my spaghetti.
    Weird, I know, but it makes it taste like lasagna and it gives a protein boost!!!

I am intrigued by this and hungry now too.
  • RitaMarieCB
    Options
    With gravy on it ..... OK, so that's how I USE TO eat it (I think it's the salt I wanted) but haven't had it like that for some time.