165 pounds gone.

Options

Replies

• sanguinia
    sanguinia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're doing amazing! You've clearly changed your life, which is anything but easy. I have no doubt that you'll get where you want to be.
    Hope you don't mind me asking, is there any story behind your untraditional wedding outfits? I've never seen anything like it.

Thank you! My husband and I are huge fans of gothic/industrial/punk music. In fact we met in a static music chat room (there was no 'real time chat' back then) in 1996. We love the dark side of things and went with a funeral-themed wedding with a coffin shaped wedding cake! My bouquet was a traditional coffin spray of red and black roses and we wore all black with red details:)
  • sanguinia
    Options
    I always say each pound I lose leaves kicking and screaming! They don't leave easily!

That is so true!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Now finish the course! You got this!!
  • sanguinia
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouragement! I really needed a shot of that.
    I chose knowledge as the way to change my life. Not 'hollywood fad' knowledge either. I have read many studies and many text books and I can tell you that when you realize how each component of food works in your body down to the tiniest detail, you can envision what each of them can do to your body whether bad or good.

Thank you again!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
  • commit2change
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome, you lost someone the size of me at 152 pound plus 13 pounds. If you had the guts to do that then you will have them to get back on your program and lose the rest of it.

Hope you are as proud of your accomplishments as we are of your determination.

Keep up the great work and let us know when you get back on the program.

I have lost 3 pounds this week.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Great job. It is life long journey for sure.

Hope you find yourself back in the game.

I think we all go through spurts of time when our heads are not 'in it'. I've experienced that many times. I have times where I put on 10 to 14 pounds after being at goal for a few years. Then have to put my mind to it to get back down.

It is always a struggle for me.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Deepak Chopra wrote a small book on wt loss that has a few unusual ideas...the hot water idea is interesting. Maybe you need some new healthy ideas... :flowerforyou:
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! You look FABULOUS! (Love your wedding, by the way!)
  • sanguinia
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! You look FABULOUS! (Love your wedding, by the way!)

Thanks! It was a blast:)
  • laur4369
    laur4369 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Soooo inspirational. Thanks for this.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Throw out whatever it is your eating thats causing negativity in your life and move forward! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - absolutely fabulous! But I'm with the other posters, get your motivation back and keep on the journey. You're helping me get back in the saddle again - so thank you for your story & motivation :smile:
  • blondie6688
    Options
    Wow, congrats to you! You must be so proud of yourself!! You look amazing!!
  • ironicusername
    Options
    That is an AMAZING loss!!! You look great! I also want to say that you definitely didn't look 400 pounds in your pics. I looked a lot bigger at less than 300. Not that it matters now, I suppose. Lol
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the other posters here, you look fantastic. Thank you for sharing your journey and your goals. You are very inspirational. Enjoy the journey.:drinker:
  • NEKimbrough
    NEKimbrough Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and a true inspiration to us all. Congrats! Don’t beat yourself up over the last couple of weeks but don’t stay on vacation too long. Your healthy journey loves you:flowerforyou:
  • RebeccaMT2012
    Options
    You should be beyond proud of yourself. Taking it off is so hard, and keeping it off can be equally as hard. Don't do what I did and gain it all back.... I'm sooooo kicking myself now! Your story is so impressive.... get back on track because another year will have gone by and you'll wish you had done it. :)
  • sanguinia
    Options
    That is an AMAZING loss!!! You look great! I also want to say that you definitely didn't look 400 pounds in your pics. I looked a lot bigger at less than 300. Not that it matters now, I suppose. Lol
    I got that a lot, but the scale doesn't lie, I guess. i was between a 30/32W and 26/28w @ 5'11" in my older pics. i am currently the size I was in 3rd grade, a 16W (yes, women's).... no exaggeration. My parents just didn't know what is known today. Very hard working, blue-collar type of people... Their idea of living good was having overflowing cabinets of food... and I paid for it dearly- almost with my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!