What is your goal for August?

Options
Trying to figure out some goals to set for August, what are yours?

Weight loss related, fitness related?

Replies

• kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Work out consistently and at least 4 days/week. Lose 5 pounds.
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My goal is to continue eating and exercising as I am and lose about 10 pounds!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My goal for August is to lose at least three pounds. I was going to sstart doing Zumba again, but my time is going to be tied up with helping my 92 year old mother switch residences.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Work out at the gym 3 days a week, and at home 2 times a week.

I want to clean up my diet. This past week was horrendous!

I'd like to see the scale go down 5 pounds, but I won't worry if it doesn't, since I want to start C25K and 30DS.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My goal is be under 100kg, I am currently at 100.7! August may be my month! :bigsmile:
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 11 stone or less, go cycling once a wk and do weights/toning 3 x per week on top of my usual cardio. Hopefully that'll do the trick. I'm off uni for 5 wks as off next wkend so will have plenty of time on my hands to devote to it
  • evanesco
    evanesco Posts: 52
    Options
    I want to lose 4lbs, start C25K, 30DS & Ri30. I need to add an exercise routine into my lifestyle now. I'm happy with how my weight loss is going, just need to tone up & get healthy as I go. Please feel free to add me for support & motivation.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Work out harder and smarter! And walk, walk, walk! Got to get this weight off and I WILL make it!:wink:
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    On the 28th of August I will have been a member of MFP for one year. I am trying to see if I can get to my goal weight of 129lbs by then. Or if that fails, I'd be happy to reach 136.7lbs which would put me in the "healthy weight range" for my height, making me not overweight for the 1st time in 9 years!
    I was 143.8lbs last time I weighed in. My next weigh in is Tuesday and I think I will be having a good loss! :)
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on working out at least 3 days per week and would love to lose 8-10 lbs.
    Debbie
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Finish my first round of 30 Day Shred (August 12) using weighted water bottles, repeat using my 5 lb weights and lose another 5-8 lbs. :-)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have my second triathlon. i hope to do it in under 1 hour and twenty minutes.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Work out 5 days a week for 60-90 minutes. Shed about 5 pounds. Yea that's about it.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    I'm trying to lose ten pounds in the next for weeks, overly ambitious lol!
  • ahynes92
    ahynes92 Posts: 1
    Options
    my goal for augusts to stick with all of my goals!!!! i would like to commit to exercising for 30 minutes a day, and drinking ONLY WATER!!!! also i am going to stick to portion control and documenting my calorie intake!! i can do this!!!! change begins when i start, and i'm starting NOW
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I started the end of this April at about 232lbs. I weight in every Monday after my run and I wear the same clothes and flip flops to keep eveything equal. This past Monday the 23rd I weighed 210. I rewarded myself with a small thin crust Marco pizzx with peperoni and sausage. I'm hoping to be at about 206 tomorrow. I want to be at 195 the end of August!!!

Basil
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I never get enough water so I'm taking the Mermaid Challenge by getting in at least a minimum of 6 glasses of water each day. Some friends are shooting for 8-10 (not me).

Also, I will go dairy-free for the month of August as I have some suspicions. :)
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Great and resonable goals!! You can do it!! Good luck!!!!

Basil
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    For August i want to start loosing weigh again cos its been almost a month since im stuck ....
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    8lbs would be great, and exercising at least 4 times a week.