Over 200 Club Fit For The Holidays (Open Group)

Options

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately last night I only did 1 hour but today I am going to do 2 hours on my elliptical and I have already planned out all my food and water for the day so there is no room for an excuse.Let GO GIRLS!!! BRING IT!!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Awesome Job Zora and Great Job Momma for choosing to walk to Target today!!!! I bet you will burn a ton of calories.KEEP IT UP
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I have gotten a reality check this morning and feeling kinda depressed about it, but I will not let this get me down. I have gained 21 pounds of the 52 pounds I had lost back. I have to get back at it and stay with it. I am just glad that I have not gained it all back like I have done in the past but I will do this, if it takes me forever. I think I am going to change my ticker and focus on some smaller goals right now, meaning I have changed it to lose down to 200 pounds and when I meet that goal I will set another one until I get to my ultimate goal of 120 pounds. So, I am back on it as of today, I was going to wait till the 1st but I will not, I don't want to gain any more than I already have back.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I have gotten a reality check this morning and feeling kinda depressed about it, but I will not let this get me down. I have gained 21 pounds of the 52 pounds I had lost back. I have to get back at it and stay with it. I am just glad that I have not gained it all back like I have done in the past but I will do this, if it takes me forever. I think I am going to change my ticker and focus on some smaller goals right now, meaning I have changed it to lose down to 200 pounds and when I meet that goal I will set another one until I get to my ultimate goal of 120 pounds. So, I am back on it as of today, I was going to wait till the 1st but I will not, I don't want to gain any more than I already have back.
    Good Job Laura !!! You will do this because I am going to stick with you until we both meet our goals.Even if you finish before me or I finish before you I will be at your side making sure you stick with it.You know how to lose it because your doc told you how so get at it.YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Good Job Laura !!! You will do this because I am going to stick with you until we both meet our goals.Even if you finish before me or I finish before you I will be at your side making sure you stick with it.You know how to lose it because your doc told you how so get at it.YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Thanks awestfall, I really needed that kick in the butt, now I need to get in there and do some exercise!!!!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    :huh: I just walked my four flights of stairs here at work and it was shockingly difficult for only being away four days!

I'm rethinking my exercise program - the goal had been to start a version of the couch to 5K program as soon as I was caught up at work (I had hoped that would be a couple weeks ago). My SIL is a big fan of the elliptical machine, which I have in my garage (colonized by a pack of dust bunnies!) and she thinks I should use the elliptical machine for the first 90 days. After I lose 10 to 20 lbs, starting up the the 5K101 would be easier so I wouldn't get as discouraged, and also my lighter body would do less damage to my knees. In a few months we'll have more daylight too - so running outside will be easier (not to mention warmer!):tongue:

Any thoughts?
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    ♦awestfall, good job on the exercise. You are doing great. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is always nice to see you and we are going to be in one-der land soon. :wink:

♦momoftwo, do NOT be discouraged. You have not quit. Get discouraged if you quit. This is part of life we have little set backs. What makes us successful is if we just get past those times and keep going until we win the race. You can do this. We are all here for you.:flowerforyou:

♦mstahl, I think SIL is correct. The elliptical is really easy on the knees and you will burn a lot of calories. When it starts staying light later then you can move on to couch to 5k. You are going to lose weight using the elliptical. I wish I had one.:smile:

♦I :heart: you Zora, You bring a lot to our post. I love your challenge and I am so glad that you are breathing better. Keep up the good work.

Okay Girls I weighed myself today. I have gained weight. :explode: I do not plan to participate in our biggest loser competition until I lose the weight I gained. Only because I am sure a big chunk of it is water. I think it will take me 2 weeks to get where I was. :angry: I have made my ticker acknowledge some of the weight gain but not all. If it is not down by Friday, then I will add more weight gain to my ticker. I have already added 3 pounds to the ticker. No execuses. I am off my butt and getting into gear. Here I go!!!!!!!!!! I will be here and be accountable for what I have eaten, drank, and how much exercise I have done. I will not make excuses for bad choices. I will not complain about my wrong doings. I will make them right.
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    I want to be in this group. Is it possible?
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    I've maintained my weight. I want to get back to losing! I need help. :sad:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    ♦awestfall, good job on the exercise. You are doing great. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is always nice to see you and we are going to be in one-der land soon. :wink:

♦momoftwo, do NOT be discouraged. You have not quit. Get discouraged if you quit. This is part of life we have little set backs. What makes us successful is if we just get past those times and keep going until we win the race. You can do this. We are all here for you.:flowerforyou:

♦mstahl, I think SIL is correct. The elliptical is really easy on the knees and you will burn a lot of calories. When it starts staying light later then you can move on to couch to 5k. You are going to lose weight using the elliptical. I wish I had one.:smile:

♦I :heart: you Zora, You bring a lot to our post. I love your challenge and I am so glad that you are breathing better. Keep up the good work.

Okay Girls I weighed myself today. I have gained weight. :explode: I do not plan to participate in our biggest loser competition until I lose the weight I gained. Only because I am sure a big chunk of it is water. I think it will take me 2 weeks to get where I was. :angry: I have made my ticker acknowledge some of the weight gain but not all. If it is not down by Friday, then I will add more weight gain to my ticker. I have already added 3 pounds to the ticker. No execuses. I am off my butt and getting into gear. Here I go!!!!!!!!!! I will be here and be accountable for what I have eaten, drank, and how much exercise I have done. I will not make excuses for bad choices. I will not complain about my wrong doings. I will make them right.

Thanks so much. No I have not quit, just don't like the fact that I have gained that much back, but I am going to do something about it instead of sit around and feel sorry for myself. I just got off my bike and I am tired but I feel great, and I am proud of myself that I did it instead of sitting around doing nothing.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, sorry for not posting for two days...the family was all home and well lets say that *they* demanded my time. i have no track my food or exercise since saturday..so one day is not too bad. I stayed with-in my calories durning the hoildays...i think the only day i went over was Sunday and i will be counting that as my "cheat day."

Zora, thanks for the great challenge...i needed discipline to lose some weight before the new year.

I will be back to post my checkin i just have to plug in everything.

BTW, my whole sign -in page is different...someone (Mike) must of *added* things....i might go explore the new options...check back later...
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Didn't track
    Exercise: GREAT! Back to the YMCA FINALLY for 90 minutes - it felt really, really good.
    Water: didn't track, but probably short
    proud: that I finally got back on track with exercise

I'm SO glad I logged in this morning and caught up on everyone's posts. I wasn't planning to start tracking my calories yet ... but now I'm motivated to get back on track and do that and start getting back on track today with calorie tracking and exercise instead of putting it off. I think this week will be as much if not more of a challenge than last week because I'm home from work all week with the kids ... have big plans to do some cleaning projects and want to make a donation somewhere EVERY day this week ... but am already filling up the week with dentist appointments, driving the kids around for activities, and having nieces sleeping over, etc.... so it is going to be easy to let my good intentions fly out the window! But I'm GOING to track my food, and I'm going to keep going with exercise. I don't have anything planned yet today so I need to figure out what I am going to do.... maybe a 20 minutes On Demand again with my son ... sounds like a plan! Have a great day & week everyone! I like the idea that it's our 'last chance workout' before the end of the year!

Welcome Tillytotiny63! We try to post every day with our calories, exercise, water and what you are proud of (although I have to admit I have been posting about every 4 days lately). Then on Fridays we post our weigh-in results and the biggest percentage of weight loss loser picks a challenge for the week. This week is NO EXCUSES week for our challenge.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    lstpaul, YOU are Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful week with your children. I have missed you.:flowerforyou:

Hi Tillytotiny63, we would LOVE to have you. Welcome to our group. :flowerforyou: lstpaul explained everything so you know where we are. I am ready to be back on the weight loss wagon myself.

Positively_Me, Glad you are back too!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Momoftwo, great job on the exercise today..... Way to go:bigsmile:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    wow.. looks like everyone is off to a GREAT start! I love this new challenge! :bigsmile:

Awestfall - Great job on the exercise!!! You are an inspiration!:wink:

Momma2four - Great to have you back! I always look forward to your posts! I know you will do great!:smile:

Mmomoftwo - Hang in there.. we all have ups and downs! Without the downs how could we know if we were up! You will also do great! Today is a new day! 1 day at a time!:happy:

Mstahl - Keep using that elliptical! You will do great with it! I so wish I had one. They are just so expensive for a good quality one... someday... :ohwell:

Zora - Keep up the great work.. I love this challenge.. I may just keep doing your challenge as it helps to "not make excuses" to get to your goals! Thanks so much!:smooched:

lstpau - I also love your posts and I am glad you are back! Yippee :glasses:

Hi Tillytotiny63 - WELCOME... this is a GREAT group of gals! :happy:

Positively_Me - I am so glad you are back! :wink:

Today, we are CLEANING... putting away the Christmas tree, decorations, and then comes the dusting, vacuming... well you get the idea.. So, for me today my exercise is cleaning.

So far today everything is going well! lots of water.. salad with grilled chicken for lunch and well.. the sun if shining!

I am so glad this group is here! Thanks everyone!:bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    wow.. looks like everyone is off to a GREAT start! I love this new challenge! :bigsmile:

Momma2four - Great to have you back! I always look forward to your posts! I know you will do great!:smile:

Mmomoftwo - Hang in there.. we all have ups and downs! Without the downs how could we know if we were up! You will also do great! Today is a new day! 1 day at a time!:happy:

Mstahl - Keep using that elliptical! You will do great with it! I so wish I had one. They are just so expensive for a good quality one... someday... :ohwell:

Zora - Keep up the great work.. I love this challenge.. I may just keep doing your challenge as it helps to "not make excuses" to get to your goals! Thanks so much!:smooched:

Today, we are CLEANING... putting away the Christmas tree, decorations, and then comes the dusting, vacuming... well you get the idea.. So, for me today my exercise is cleaning.

So far today everything is going well! lots of water.. salad with grilled chicken for lunch and well.. the sun if shining!

thank you!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options

Momma I gained too but I am back on the wagon and working hard as of yesterday.I am choosing healthy snacks for our New Years Eve party so I don't gain any more back.I did 75 minutes on my elliptical so far and burnt 900 calories.I have already drank 128 ounces of water.This week is going to be GREAT and we all will start the New year off with a BANG!!! If you haven't started exercising this week do it now.Start your New Year off the right way with a new attitude and a new lifestyle.WE CAN DO THIS and I am going to make sure each and everyone of you cross that finish line to your goals.I am hoping to be under 200 pounds before the end of February which is completely doable I believe.I am going to force out another 45 minutes on my elliptical so I can get my 2 hours in for the day.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.
    Some how over the holidays i DID NOT GAIN i was sure i was going to gain eating all the crap i ate. This morning I was right about what i was last week (few oz off), but drumrol...........i am still under 290...barely but still under.

I am soo glad, not sure how that happened, ate like crap, didn't exerciese what majorly stressed due to being on call for work and a jerk that i work with putting me in tears several times.

So i am all for getting on track...no more christmas cookies in my house or sweets at all.

I did exercise today but only could do 20 mintutes...when i don't exercise it is hard.

I did get a kettle bell for christmas and it comes wiht a video my check it out later.

♦mstahl, - I have been using my elliptcial since mid october, it was a cheapy, i got it at a garage sale for 15.00. I love it though, my knee's and ankles hurt to much when I try to run (or walk for a long time), which i am sure cause it has soo much weight on them. When I can loose and get smaller i may try to do the running more.

awestfall - You are inspiring...how i wish i could do an hour or 2..maybe one day.

my boss is giving me a free 1/2 day since i had to do soo much for on call this past weekend, so now that means I am off all day on new years eve...woohoo for me, i am glad.
  • Positively_Me
    Options

It's great to be back! :happy:

i get so side tracked when my family is home..today is only my children is home for winter break.

on a last note, you can look for a elliptical...a really good quality from Craigslist, but compare prices and durablilty..there are a lot of great names....i bought a proform for about 50 dollars...in sears it was like 300 dollars...and i also bought a treadmill...for 50 dollars too and in stores it was 450 dollars...i got lucky with both...the person(s) was moving and didn't want to take it with them....Good luck!
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Check in: 12/28/09
    calories: yes, 1,229..so far so good
    exercise: yup! 30 minutes on both the elliptical and treadmill = 548 calories burned
    water: not yet, the day is still young..
    proud: i didn't gain weight from the grill chicken wings (4) i ate on Sunday...i was so affraid...
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I am so happy to read that we are all focusing on the positive and getting into the nitty gritty of things this week!
    Momoftwo, I understand completely your frustration (with a slight twinge of panic) about gaining back some of your lost weight. But you stopped that spiral down right now, didn't you? :flowerforyou: You recognized it, and now you're challenging it. That's what makes us human. We all fall down sometimes. But the strong ones GET BACK UP. That is YOU!!! :happy: That is US!!!

Welcome, Tilly. You will love it here. :flowerforyou:

lildeb, I am so proud of you for staying under 290! I know that has been a difficult number for you, and you are doing it! :heart:

Let's keep it up, peeps!!! NO EXCUSES. When you are home and feel an excuse coming on, think about all of us here at the 200 group and how much we want you to be successful! Do it for us this week! :drinker: