What is your goal for August?

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    to log everyday, even weekends (as i tend to skip those) and to be consistent with my lifting routine
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    To lose 10% of my body weight (from my original weight) and a new cell phone.
  • mazasmusings
    mazasmusings Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Going to get below 250 by my 30th birthday, which is at the end of August. Six pounds to go!
  • MandaKayMakesIt
    Options
    I post 10 mini-goals each month on my blog: http://mandakaymakesit.wordpress.com/

My goals for August are:
    1. Log 100 miles
    2. Fit comfortably into a pair of "normal size" pants
    3. Finish Couch-to-5K
    4. Complete 15 2-a-days
    5. Lose 10 lbs
    6. Log 100 push-ups, 100 squats, and 250 crunches per week
    7. Take a Zumba class
    8. Log my food and exercise every day
    9. Strength train 3 days per week
    10. Do 30 Day Shred for 30 days
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fit into the dress I have for a wedding at the end of the month. Probably lose around 6-8lbs. Start running. Keep running. Keep up with being organised with my meals and weighing everything!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd like to lose another 5lbs by the end of August.
    My goal is to find a new exercise that I enjoy to go along with my running. I want to really focus on my eating and detox from my Vegas Wedding...lol
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Starting the first I am doing 30ds and a 21 day no junk food challenge. I plan to complete both. I tried 30ds once before and didn't finish. I want to be out of the 180s by the end of the month, which is totally possible if I stay committed (I'm at 186.6 now)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    My Goals for august is to finally finish 30 Day Shred. I have been unintentionally stretching it out for a couple weeks now. Then move on to Ripped in 30 and the C25K. Also I hope to lose another 7lbs and reach my August goal of 189 by the 31st
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    Has to to lose another 8lb. Want to be under 12 stone, for the first time in god knows how many years, but it was probably in high school
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Get some recent bad choices under control.

To remind myself again it's not always about the 'number' it's about your overall health. When I started this journey it pretty much started for vanity reasons but when I not only began to look better, but also FEEL better it really did turn into a lifestyle goal, a health goal. The fact that I can exercise, that I really actually LIKE to exercise, that I can jog/walk and not die, not quit like a minute into it. Even if I wake up and randomly have that "Ugh, I don't want to do this, this morning" feeling. Once I just go do it and get back, I feel amazing. Proud of myself and proud isn't a word I would generally use to describe myself.

I am sure it won't happen by August of course, but overtime I just hope to like me more. To not be so hard on myself. I have struggled with this for a very long time, most of my life and despite all the changes with this journey I still do not feel like the negativity I have towards myself has lessened very much. This journey for me, it has been just as mental/emotional as it has been physical.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    gain muscle & quit smoking & drink a lot less.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    To get back on track and bust through this weight I've been in for months now.
  • themichaelf
    Options
    mine is fitness related... starting august 1st i want to run 3.1 miles 3x a week ultimately running it drastically faster
  • Febes24
    Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds if not finish Insanity and look a little thinner
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I aim to lose between five and ten pounds, count calories on the weekend (as I normally get distracted since I spend my weekends away from home), and figure out a way to exercise while I'm on vacation in California for a week. If anyone has recommendations, please let me know in a PM.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My Birthday is Aug 29th. I want to be under 200 for my birthday. I have about 8 pounds to go and I seriously think I can do this. It will be the first time in 6 years I'll be under 200 and I'm so geekered. I'm going to keep pushing play, eating well and putting 1 foot in front of the other.
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    get the kids back in school lol. but on the serious note....i would like to be 5-10 lbs lighter with atleast another 1/2 inche gone from each area
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    My goal is to keep on track. Im doing well. I will redo my measurements and I will be happy at some loss :). I want to dance more and for longer periods of time. I will incorperate some lifting. Basically stay on track!!! Now my goals that dont have to do with weight loss directly: to get everything ready so I can start computer training in sept. and finish the work I have listed to finally complete my house unpacking, curtians up etc.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    Log all of my activities- its amazing to see how many calories you can burn by cleaning/cooking ect.
    And to lose a few inches in waist- 2 months until my wedding!
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This summer has been challenging staying on track, so my goal for Aug is to workout 4 days minimum and lose realistically 4 pounds...