CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Options

Replies

• shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

Aaaaaccckkk! Did I just say that?!

Thanks for the challenge. LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    No thanks I have a job
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Challenge, not accepted!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm in except for 2 nights! They are BIG nights that have already been planned and I can't back out :-) LET'S DO THIS!
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    I will definitely try and cut back, however my birthday is August 13th and I will be traveling south to spend it with my sisters. Which I'm sure will mean some decent partying. But all of the days around I will try my best to be with ya!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm in--I already stopped drinking while training for my half marathon on Nov. 11.
  • skizzbot1
    skizzbot1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    But.... beer. It's so good. I'll definitely be drinking it less now that I'm dieting, that's for sure.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't go without drinking in the summer time - camp fires, ball games. Maybe in the winter. Well, except Thanksgiving-New Years. Gotta drink to get through the family stuff. So, maybe in January I can go a month without drinking.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict...if I give up booze...what do I have left?
  • bearfan034
    Options
    I'm all over "runnermel's" idea....I'm totally in with limiting consumption because I know I would fail eliminating alcohol altogether (at least I can admit that!) plus I know just limiting myself would make me lose some weight cuz I like all the high-carb crap!
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    i never make promises i cant keep so i am NOT in!!!! BUT.... i wish everyone the best!! This will be a tough challenge and thumbs up to everyone that succeeds!!!
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I"m in!! Beer is my downfall!!
  • lockedinpa
    lockedinpa Posts: 33
    Options
    Doctors orders, i have to drink three times a week to help thin my blood. I love my doctor!!!
  • mjenne74
    mjenne74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am not a big drinker to begin with but used to like to have a glass of wine with a meal or maybe some fruity drinks on the weekend. Since starting back here 8 days ago, I have on had one alcoholic drink and it was on my cheat day. I allow 1 cheat day a week and have been very successful that way previously in my weight loss journey. So I am willing to give up alcohol all but one day a week. I used to drink one a day! But like I am allowed some foods I can't have other days on my cheat day, I would like to be able to have a drink or two that cheat day. :)

By the way...way to go for doing this. You are right about the extra calories from drinks. I hope this helps you reach your goal! :)
  • cafeconalma
    Options
    I'm in.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: No problem!
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday I started a 15 day no drinking challenge so why not going with this no August drinking! Thank you for posting and I am in! I am a little scared to say good bye to the wine for a month but I can do it!
  • thenewmeg
    thenewmeg Posts: 1
    Options
    Too many opportunities... I am not I can do it, but let's say "once a week" for August.
    I promess to do a double trainnaing the day after :)
  • freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too! (Except for August 18 and August 26 - weddings.)
    Alcohol is not good for me... makes me binge and makes me depressed.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

I am with you! Just drank up the last of the alcohol in our house last night, so here's to saving money and shinking waistlines!