How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot. I found this recipe in Oxygen Magazine I have been dying to try:

Protein-Packed Pina Colada

1c lowfat cottage cheese
    1c crushed pinepple, drained or 1c pineapple juice
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2c skim milk
    1 tbsp shredded coconut
    1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
    1c ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.

TOTALLY trying this...

I use cottage cheese in most of my protein shakes, less calories and still a LOT of protein

1/2 c low fat cottage cheese
    1 scoop protein
    1/2 c water
    Ice

Its super delish
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Lawry's seasoning salt and bacon bits. YUM!
  • monicalord
    monicalord Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's really good in eggs/ stir fry/ chili etc. It melts like regular cheese and adds protein. Also good on toast.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with a spoon. Sometimes if I'm feeling froggy, I'll use a fork to eat it, when I mix it with my spaghetti.
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    I usually eat it with fruit, but I have recently learned its value using it as a dressing on salads.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.
  • beachyteachy
    Options
    I also eat it with a ton of black pepper! It's also great with Mandarin oranges (drained) and canned pears or peaches!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I like it mixed with poached/grilled boneless skinless chicken breast with a tablespoon of barbeque sauce.

Sweet - with crushed pineapple, or any fruit really.

Or, as a dip with veggies and a little bit of seasoning mixed in. (My kids eat the popcorn seasoning - Sour Cream & Onion, and that is great mixed in!)

I use it in lasagna all the time, in place of mozzarella (except for a small bit on the top)
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Matter of fact I'm eating some now. I sprinkled it with dill today and I am dipping my celery stalks in it. I love it plain, with tomatoes, mixed up with salsa as a dip, in lasagna instead of ricotta cheese, I could go on and on and on. I personally do not like it with fruit though and I know that puts me in a limited % of the population.
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I make my cottage cheese like a salad a lot of times...I put in a little diced red onion, cucumber, grape tomatoes (cut in half), and a little avocado. Soooo Yummy. I usually eat this as my lunch. ;0)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Usually just pepper, but yesterday I chopped up some Habanero Stuffed Green Olives into my Cottage Cheese. Pretty good.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    sprinkled with Dill & a little salt & served over potatoes
  • DaringAdventure
    DaringAdventure Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a tablespoon of craisins and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts and a dash of cinamon.
  • AZChristy
    AZChristy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I make a cottage cheese quiche, blend it with ranch mix for a dip, top baked potatoes with it, add it just about anywhere I would use cheese or sourcream. Love it!
  • calejulu
    calejulu Posts: 1
    Options
    I like a dash of Black Pepper on about 1/2 to 1 cup of cottage cheese. Occasionally I like peaches on my cottage cheese.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    EAT DAT *kitten* STRAIGHT UP LIKE OUTTA COMPTON YO!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    with a spoon
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    With black pepper... and usually out of a measuring cup, like I am doing right now :)
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite thing to mix with cottage cheese is avocado. YUMMY!!!! That is actually one of my favorite meals.