Short People Losing Weight

Options
Is anyone on here short and have either lost weight or are losing weight?
By short I mean 4'11'' - 5'3''
Im 5ft 0.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Do I count? 5'3.75" ... normally I round to 5'4" tho... lol... oh, and am a guy >.>

I'm gonna say I count. Short pride.

And yes, losing weight but it is quite difficult to manage calories at this size. Seems an extra breath of air might pack on pounds.
  • Glamma26
    Glamma26 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm 4'11 I'm new to mfp i started 7 days ago so far i lost 6 pounds still have a lot to go.
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    5'1. trying to lose 14 pounds.
    (:
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am 5'2" and only need lose 18lbs, but as you can see from my picture, that will make a HUGE difference in my midsection! I feel like for us shorter people, a few extra pounds is HUGE!
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" and have lost 26 lbs in about 6 months. It took a lot of hard work and dedication but was definitely not an impossible feat! Oh and I am also 32 so I am not super young either.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    5'0" here, have lost almost 50 pounds so far and it hasn't actually been that difficult. Interestingly though, I was just shy of 5'1" when I started but lost enough fat from my feet that I'm down to 5' even at this point!
  • CaliBird
    CaliBird Posts: 10
    Options
    Im 5 foot 2 and started off at 155lbs Im down to 131.8 after about a week, the goal I have set up on MFP is 135 but my ultimate is 125. Losing weight when we're so short is hard but I think even little differences show a lot more when we're this height.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    5'0" and well I'm working on losing weight. unsuccessfully but I'm not giving up!
  • msgremmy
    msgremmy Posts: 88
    Options
    Almost 5'0 :) Working on about 15 pounds.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Yep. 5'2" here....see ticker
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Another shortie here 5'2.5, so far I've lost 42lbs. At my heaviest I looked positively round, every pound really shows when you don't have a lot of length. It's been a slow loss, around .8lbs a week. It was hard to see people losing so fast and I was crawling along but I tried to not let that discourage me. Down to the last 10lbs! They should be off by Christmas...I hope LOL
  • toadfan1
    toadfan1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm somewhere between 5'0 and 5'1 and working to get to a healthy weight! :smile:
  • slambyr
    slambyr Posts: 8
    Options
    I am about 5'2 +/-
    I've lost about 9 pounds
  • hpest1
    hpest1 Posts: 1
    Options
    hello i'm 4 ft 10. and over the years have done every diet known to man , i have lost weight time after time with slimming world, but as per usual it all goes back on.
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and I've lost 15 pounds. Trying to lose the last few and I've been stuck for months. I'm going to start watching carbs and sugar more closely.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    5'2", I have lost 25 pounds in about 5 months, and that is with a little cheating on the weekends. My boot camp instructor the other day, who is as short as me, said during a particularly hard workout "5 pounds looks like 15 pounds on us and we have to work harder". So true!
  • Sarah_thefatmom
    Options
    I am just under 5' 1and trying to lose 35 lbs!
  • daralee2001
    daralee2001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5 (we all know the .5 matters!) and I am working towards 115. I've lost weight many, many times but I've never been that low. My lowest was 122 after I lost weight after my first baby (started at 175 lbs). Gained most of it back during my second pregnancy. Got back down to 150 after that one, but gained it back with my third. It's been two years since I had my third and last baby so no more excuses. I want to finish my thirties healthy!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yep! 5'0 here!
  • arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet even! Lost about 6 so far, but I just keep bouncing up and down from 140 to 141! I can't get down any more!