Ladies: Best Way To Approach You In The Gym?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ^^I agree. I understand where some girls are coming from, not wanting to be approached while working out, but I would personally love it. It would make me feel so good to have a guy approach me at my worst, all sweaty and gross. Yes, I am married, and would have to politely decline if anyone ever seriously hit on me (like that would ever happen! lol) but it's still nice to be admired by someone.

cait0902-Hey baby lets hit the fitness pool!

vol001_borat_mankini.jpg

LMAO! Yea baby!!
  • drinkindunkin
    Options
    Yeah just don't.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Do a couple back flips over to her then say "You, me, dinner, later"
  • blondie6688
    Options
    Just a simple hi ..how are you doing is fine. If she's interested she will talk to you.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm married, so I'm not looking to meet anyone at the gym (not that I think anyone is interested in me that way). But, as a woman that is new to weight lifting I can tell you that I would be very happy if any guy was welcoming to me or even offered me tips if I am doing something wrong or inefficiently. I generally feel a little awkward and out of place at my new gym, so I kind of keep to myself. But, thinking back I remember guys being very helpful. Maybe I just need to be more open and less worried about getting in people's way. I didn't read the comments (too many), so I am just posting this having no idea what anyone else wrote.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm married, so I'm not looking to meet anyone at the gym (not that I think anyone is interested in me that way). But, as a woman that is new to weight lifting I can tell you that I would be very happy if any guy was welcoming to me or even offered me tips if I am doing something wrong or inefficiently. I generally feel a little awkward and out of place at my new gym, so I kind of keep to myself. But, thinking back I remember guys being very helpful. Maybe I just need to be more open and less worried about getting in people's way. I didn't read the comments (too many), so I am just posting this having no idea what anyone else wrote.

Ah....you missed the winning lines then..
    "Hey, I just got this new phone and just finished taking a bunch of pictures of you when you weren't looking. I'd like your phone number so I can text them to you."
    Why take a shower here in PUBLIC gym when you can take one at my house."
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

^^Agreed!
  • kpflaum
    kpflaum Posts: 1
    Options
    Years ago, I was a serious gym rat. I worked out two hours a day, six days a week. I was 6'2", 205, 48" chest, 33" waist and 13" biceps (don't look like that anymore, LOL). I noticed that the women usually started to flirt with me. If I wanted to meet one of them, I would just say "hi" in passing and wait for them to start up a conversation. Or, if they were really messing up an exercise, I might offer a suggestion on improved form. They would sometimes later ask me about another exercise and I made several gym friends that way.

Since I was and am married, that was all but I think that my approach would probably work for a single guy. I also did step aerobics several times a week and met a lot of nice women in those classes. Sometimes a group of us, me and several gals, would get together at the juice bar in the gym. I did notice that some guys and gals used the gym as a social gathering place.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Unless you're asking about the equipment I'm using, I have one word for you:

Don't.
  • iLuvJohnny
    iLuvJohnny Posts: 51
    Options
    Guess I am the weird girl in the room because I don't mind at all if a guy comes up to talk to me at the gym. I like when they come to the machine next to me and just strike up conversation. To me it shows they are fearless. Sure you could wait till I leave the gym but to me that's creepy and I think you were too wussy to talk to me earlier.
    To prevent being rude just say "Hey, I don't mean to interrupt your workout, but I saw you from across the room and you caught my eye. You look like you are going strong in your workout, but I would love to hear from you." Slip me your number and tada! Not only have you energized my workout by making me feel all good on the inside, but I will call/text you haha.
    I feel the same way. Just talk to us, be yourself.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the gym with my SO's sister and every single time without fail at least one guy would come up to us while we were working out. They were more interested in her since she has a BANGIN' body.... But it was kind of annoying when we were trying to work and they would just hang around us trying to get her number. The best was when they couldn't get hers so they tried for mine... Nice, huh?

And she'd say "Sorry, I have a boyfriend, just trying to work out," and they still wouldn't get the hint. There were even ones who were regulars and would try every time we went.

It started to get really annoying so eventually we stopped going. I'm going to start going again because I really want to get in shape but I think I'm going to skip going with her. :P

IMO, I wouldn't bother ladies at the gym while they're "in the zone" ie. listening to their ipod, working out hard, etc... If they're finishing up or doing something light and you're really interested, sure, say hi or something. Don't get creepy though lol. But I wouldn't start using the gym as a place to pick up girls. Seems like some guys at the gym just go for anything they can and it gets a bit awkward sometimes. But if you're sincere, make it known. Don't just say "Hey you're really hot can I get your number?" lol. Introduce yourself. I also really like what someone else said earlier on in the thread. Smile at her. If she smiles back, thats a good sign! If she ignores you, don't try it. :P
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!! If she really wants to talk to you, SHE WILL come over to you and let you know that she is interested. Most,if not all, women are at the gym for the same purpose as you,they want to get in a nice workout and that's it. Save yourself the "Hello Mr. Creepy. please get away from me" nervous laughter or the "Dude,I'm working out here,get away from me..now!" glare or she will simply ignore you and continue on with her circuit. Don't try and reinvent the wheel.....you will look creepy and avoidable if you approach her and she doesn't receive your advances well. And yes, word will spread and you have just become "THAT guy!!"

Just workout and save yourself the headache,
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I sincerely regret ever posting this thread.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I sincerely regret ever posting this thread.
    :laugh: sorry to hear that...did you go on the date with her?

Edit: by the way, I bet the guy who posted about wanting to date his brother's ex wife last week has a very similar regret!!
  • SeanSilk
    SeanSilk Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't. Due to anti-male laws, you're more likely to leave there in a Police car instead of your own car.
    The next thing you know there will be a sexual harassment law against you, and you will be bared from
    the gym for life. For the love of God, DON'T DO IT!!!!!