Short People Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• BLR2JLR
    BLR2JLR Posts: 38
    Options
    I am 4 foot nothing as I like to say  4’9 and losing weight and keeping it off is a daily struggle for me . You can do it don’t give up and never quit till you surpass your goal! Feel free to add me

16622254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2. I just made it into the 130's today for the 1st time in about 9 years! I started on 28th August 2011 weighing 183lbs. I now weigh 138.6lbs. 44.4lbs lost! I have 9.6lbs to go until I get to my goal weight of 129. I'd love to lose that over the next 28 days and reach my 129 goal on my 1 year MFP anniversary. I doubt that will happen, so I'll settle with getting to 136lbs which would put me in the healthy weight range for my height! :)
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    5'2" and losing. It's tough to be so little and lose weight!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" do I still count? I think I do.

I'm losing successfully (ticker says 17 pounds, but its more like 24) and I've been working on it for the last 3ish months. It is entirely possible to lose the weight you want to lose with dedication and healthy changes.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft and in maintenance. I just increased my calories another 100 this week.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    5'1" here and 44yrs old.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    5'1"

I wouldn't say that losing is more difficult for me than it might be for a taller person, but a few pounds definitely is more noticeable on me than it is a taller person, IMO.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my maintenance is only 1600! So I have to eat low calorie if I don't want to gain. I eat about 1200 and I am comfortable with it. Some people say 1200 is sooooo low and soooo dangerous which is not true.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have lost over 30lbs. I eat between 1200 (not so hungry days) and 1500 calories per day, lift, do pilates and a lot of walking. I have a little bit more to go. It's tough, you see every pound on us shorties.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Im 5 foot 2 and started off at 155lbs Im down to 131.8 after about a week, the goal I have set up on MFP is 135 but my ultimate is 125. Losing weight when we're so short is hard but I think even little differences show a lot more when we're this height.
    You lost 24 pounds in a week?
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    5' 2.5" here! I want to lose between 30 & 70 pounds..and like it haqd been said, 5 pounds definitely looks like 15 on us! And my weight all goes to my hips..and arms..sigh.lol. But I'm working to get them off! Feel free to add me!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    But 5 pounds lost looks like 15 as well!

I haven't found it too difficult to lose this weight but I have been doing it VERY slowly. Close to 2 years now. But I haven't put ANY of it back on in those 2 years and I'm still losing. I would like to lose about 20-30 more.
    5' 2.5" here! I want to lose between 30 & 70 pounds..and like it haqd been said, 5 pounds definitely looks like 15 on us! And my weight all goes to my hips..and arms..sigh.lol. But I'm working to get them off! Feel free to add me!
  • CDRocks
    CDRocks Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5'3" and have lost 60 pounds before.
  • alahbee
    alahbee Posts: 2
    Options
    im also 5'2 any tips on losing the weight?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    5'0" and well I'm working on losing weight. unsuccessfully but I'm not giving up!

it will happen for you! It's been slower than slow for me as well but I'm not going to give up, I'd rather it be slow and have it stay off than lose it and have it come back again like it's happened before. Lifestyle change here I am! :laugh:

and yes, I'm short too, 5'2" on a good day
  • smartfitmom3
    Options
    I am 5'3 and have lost around 18lbs within the last 2.5 months.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    5'3" here! 50lbs down, 70ish to go!
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my maintenance is only 1600! So I have to eat low calorie if I don't want to gain. I eat about 1200 and I am comfortable with it. Some people say 1200 is sooooo low and soooo dangerous which is not true.

I am 5 ft and and 101. Yesterday I ate a little over 2000 calories. Being short isn't an automatic low calorie lifestyle.
  • adeluna76
    adeluna76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and 36years old, when you are this "tall" every ounce shows. I just joined, hopeing it will help me reach my goal of 130, I am at 204 right now. I can't believe I allowed myself to gain so much. The BMI thing on here said I needed to be at 119 to be normal!!! I just don't see that happening.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options

I am 5 ft and and 101. Yesterday I ate a little over 2000 calories. Being short isn't an automatic low calorie lifestyle.
    True, but it does make it less likely that a low caloric intake will be unhealthy. The rest of the lifestyle plays a big role (for everyone, not just short people).