Diet Soda correlation to wt gain, diabetes, etc...

Options
12346»

Replies

• _tjejen_
    _tjejen_ Posts: 38
    Options
    Actually, there is over 4 times as much caffeine per flow ounce of coffee as diet coke. I would say it is much more likely that by increasing your coffee consumption, you gave yourself a headache for 3 days from ODing on caffeine until your body readjusted. But hey, keep fooling yourself that you are the magic-one-man-prove-all of science.

actually I increased my caffine consumption...by increasing my coffee consumption. I have it logged if you'd like the numbers. Are you sure you know how to read though? I never said I was proving anything, I never said anything about your 'magic-one-prove-all of science'. I just said what I experienced. Take it or leave it.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Actually, there is over 4 times as much caffeine per flow ounce of coffee as diet coke. I would say it is much more likely that by increasing your coffee consumption, you gave yourself a headache for 3 days from ODing on caffeine until your body readjusted. But hey, keep fooling yourself that you are the magic-one-man-prove-all of science.

actually I increased my caffine consumption...by increasing my coffee consumption. I have it logged if you'd like the numbers. Are you sure you know how to read though? I never said I was proving anything, I never said anything about your 'magic-one-prove-all of science'. I just said what I experienced. Take it or leave it.

Not to get in the middle or anything...but...she said the increased caffeine consumption could have caused the headaches.
  • _tjejen_
    Options
    because of the assumption that I drank more than I was used to no?

I increased my caffine consumption via coffee to match what it would have been from the diet coke...was that not clear?
  • _tjejen_
    Options
    look start fresh...

I personally stopped drinking diet coke because of the studies I read (from scholarly journals that I have access to via university).

They were not conclusive studies, but I personally decided to see if it made a difference to me...because drinking water instead of soda logically isn't an unhealthy choice.

To wean myself off the caffine I increased my coffee consumption to match my usual caffine consumption (I dont take sugar in my coffee) I didnt swap my diet coke for coffee.

I still got a headache.

Ive gone without diet coke before and had headaches...but I always thought it was the caffine. The changes I made this time made me think it was something else. It could have been chance as someone else mentioned.

Its not a science of one, it was just my experience. Drink whatever you like. Personally Im enjoying the water and Im glad I switched.
  • mrsmcg97
    mrsmcg97 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love those people to sit in and listen on conversations and throw their nonsense at you. I was talking to a friend saying how excited I was to try the new crystal light margarita flavor with my vodka this weekend. This girl who "knows" a lot informed me that I would get cancer from the crystal light and that it is very bad for me. I kindly let her know that there is no way the crystal light will hurt me because I will for sure not out live my booze soaked liver. Baaaahaaaaahaaaaa I will drink what I like Thank You crystal light for giving me a low calorie mixer.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmm A&W diet cream soda (drool puddle)
  • mrsmcg97
    mrsmcg97 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmm A&W diet cream soda (drool puddle)

:love:
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Wikipedia is not a reliable source for anything.

And you are?

2h53282.jpg
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Despite the "research", I simply can't and won't give up my Diet Coke. To concur with another writer, I have given up so much, I simply don't want to give up the one thing that has zero calories and I enjoy. I still drink plenty of water and have 2 cups of green tea everyday. I am willing to take my chances and keep the "bad" habit" of drinking my Diet Coke.

First weigh in on Friday, 8/3. You all have me motivated to stick with things!!!! Thanks.
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I quit Diet Coke a month ago when I was put on a jury and was worried about needing to pee. Reading this discussion makes me realize how much I miss my one daily Diet Coke. I'm getting my money and hitting the machine. Don't try to stop me....
    and I have never started eating sweets before when I drink a soda, it's not a trigger for me, fortunately.