To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options
petergarcia82
petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
So I was doing my 5k run last night. I run around my neighborhood for 3.5 to 4 miles (3.10 miles and then a cool down). I am running and some car comes driving by and some guys sticks his head out the window and yells something about me being a "fat a**". Okay so a few points

1. I already know I am fat but thanks for showing me you can see.
2. I am sorry your life sucks so much you have to try to make other people feel bad while they are working out.
3. You looked a bit chubby yourself, maybe you should come join me.
4. Let's see you get out and run 3.5 to 4 miles 3 to 4 days a week.
5. Okay so maybe you are running that many miles or more now let's see you do it with 120+ pounds of extra weight. I doubt you would even think about getting out there.
6. I am not doing this to get your Approval and I am doing this for me, My son and Wife. Who the hell cares what you think.
7. Go sit at home and do nothing since you seem to have nor form of entertainment. I am training for my next 5k's which will help women with Breast Cancer, Children hospitals, Diabates and many other diffrent places that will be raising money.
8. When I am done with my run I will go hang out with my loving faimly as that is my entertainment.
9. Go get a life and let me run in peace while I listen to my music, which was buffering at the time so I had to listen to your stupid comment.
The point is, I know I am fat but I won't be for much longer and I will go enjoy my life while it seems you will need to search for something else to do because in 6 - 10 month's I won't be the "fat *kitten*" running because I won't be fat then.

:smile:

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I like this. It's funny, since trying to get healthier, I've noticed people of many different sizes out for runs. Whenever I pass them in my car, "Hey fat a**" is never in my thoughts to yell. It's more like, "Way to go!" I mean, I'm in my car, you're outside sweating your *kitten* off.
  • TimedEventSystem
    Options
    I could strangle people who say terrible, nasty things like that. In fact when I was younger I did get into a pretty nasty fight with a girl who was doing that type of behavior in phys ed classes, but that's a different story for a different day, lol.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    What a douche bag! I agree totally ^^

Congratulations on your success so far!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

Congrats on your great work!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    At least you can get rid of fat...the guy that yelled that to you can't get rid of ugly :smile: hehe...

You are probably doing more than that guy is doing, don't let him get you down!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how anyone driving things the following:

"hey there is a person running, whom i don't know. I think i will roll down my window and yell something mean to him. that will sure make my day!"
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh and just to say. He did not really bother me. I just wanted to share the experience and thoughts.

Thanks everyone.
  • live2runnj
    live2runnj Posts: 157
    Options
    Keep running and "F" the d-bag that said that. Stay motivated and keep putting on the miles.

Now I want to hit someone.................. Hmmmm......
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! You know what you want, why you want it and how you're gonna get it. That's the way to motivate. If you were running in my neighborhood I'd cheer you on, dude. Keep up the great work.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I get that from the *kitten* too, but rarely.

More often then not, I get a lot of "Great Jobs"....I try to give them out as much as possible too.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options

^^^ This.... Great job!!!!!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Some people suck. And I will never understand why people make fun of others who are *working out* and obviously trying to improve their health. You are taking it much better than I did. Nine years ago, two months after I gave birth to my twins, I started running again. I had gained 85lbs with that pregnancy. I stopped to buy gas on my way home from the trail, and a group of guys approached me. One asked, "Have you been working out?" I said yes. They all started laughing and said, " Good, cause you need to."

I rushed back to my car and cried the entire way home, but I was young then. If someone said that to me today, I'm confident I would at least have the presence of mind to kick them in the nuts.

Congrats on running and getting fit! You are absolutely right to ignore them.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Had the same thing happen to me once. Here was my response --

"I may be fat, but you're ugly and stupid....and I can diet!"
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

^ This!
  • bubmaster
    Options
    well said !
  • echandle12
    Options
    What a tool! Rock your run and forget the haters.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When I ride to work and I see someone on their bike struggling (skinny or fat), I ALWAYS give them a thumbs up or say "great job keep going".

I LOVE seeing people exercise. I hate people like that who yell, but then again, 40lbs ago those people motivated me to lose weight. Now I can chase them down and kick their @$$. (just kidding).
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I've had this too, when out running. you can't help but feel upset and angry by it. Have a good withering stare ready for them and then run on, shaking the dust off your feet.

They're idiots. Lazy minded and too stupid to even think up a creative insults. How pathetic.

And remember for every idiot like that who looks down on you, there are far far more people who admire your efforts and are impressed that you're out there (look up a blog on here entitled 'hey fat girl'). I far more often have people say *nice things* to me when I'm out running than mean things.

Don't let them get to you. x
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Like Stephanie Tanner says "HOW RUDE!!!"

Seriously some people are so unbelievably stupid. I'm happy to hear you didn't let that comment ruin your day. I am certainly in awe of your dedication and commitment to bettering yourself for you and your family. Keep it up!!!
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That's terrible! Every time I see someone running (or even walking, every little thing counts!) who happens to be overweight, I get the urge to pull over and tell them they are doing a great job. I haven't yet, for fear of freaking someone out, but maybe I should start!