To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    People can be so horrible. It is awesome what you are doing. It may not have bothered you, but this is the reason a lot of people dont go to the gym or workout. They fear that people think things like this. People can be so horrible and stupid sometimes. I always want to yell, way to go! Maybe I should start. I love seeing anyone out making themselves healthier.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Let me just say...I wish you lived closer to me...I need an awesome running buddy!!! WONDERFUL job!!!!

I hope I dont ramble too much- I passed a very large man running every morning as I went to work...he could barely move, and his "run" was nothing more than a modified walk, and a very slow walk at that...I passed him for MONTHS....and every time I passed him...I wanted to stop and tell him how incredibly proud I was of him for taking control over his life...( at this time...I was not doing ANY form of exercise at all...) He quietly, and without even knowing so, inspired me each time I saw him...he "ran" alone...no ipod...not radio...just doing his thing!

I stopped seeing him for a long time...and wondered if he had given up...UNTIL...last month...I saw this VERY fit and very trim man running along the side of the road on my way home...IT WAS HIM....He must have dropped 200 pounds... I pulled over...and told him about all the times I had wanted to say thank you to him...how inspiring he was...and how incredibly proud I was of his commitment! He teared up....

So....you keep doing your thing!! For every suckish person out there...I bet you are inspiring 10 others!!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This is why I have anxiety about running, or even just walking outside. Sadly, I live in a college town and it's full of *kitten*. I see people yell like that almost everyday.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Skeels:
    I would have pulled them out of the cars and then they would have been Tea Bagged

Really :noway: , you would have performed a sexual act on them? Novel way of dealing with it
  • JeffInBuckeyeNation
    JeffInBuckeyeNation Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    10) You may be fat, but they're an *kitten* - and you're losing the weight. But they'll still be *kitten*.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    stop caring what other people think.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You have absolutely the right attitude! Congrats to you for being the "bigger" person and not flipping that guy off.

*That pun really wasn't intended. It just found its way in there. Seriously though, you're awesome!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    #6 is my favorite. Great attitude! Keep it going! YOU ROCK!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What jerks!

You know what I do when I see anyone out there kicking butt running....I privately cheer inside and say great job, keep it up.
  • LosingWeight4Good
    LosingWeight4Good Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Keep running and "F" the d-bag that said that. Stay motivated and keep putting on the miles.

Now I want to hit someone.................. Hmmmm......

^^ Me too! Grrrr I so want to kick some ... wow... I didn't know you could catch testosterone? LOL
    And normally I am laid back about everything, but the arrogance of the person who yelled makes my blood boil. He has no idea how hard it is to change bad habits and change how you see yourself in order to get moving again. He has no idea the strength and courage it takes to run when you are out of shape. I'd like to strap 100 lbs on his as* and see if he would be willing to take a run. LOL
    Now that I got that out of my system...He also can't possibly understand the feeling of pure joy in those moments when you are running and it feels so good. Running, sweaty, and ALIVE. Nothing like it... well almost nothing...ROFL

Thank you for sharing this! I can't wait for my run now. LOVE YOU!
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

Congrats on your great work!

THIS!!^^^ GREAT JOB!!!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I love it when the guys in their gigantic trucks with huge tires decide to rev their "I HAVE A HUGE ENGINE AND TONS OF STICKERS CAUSE I AM SUCH A MAN!" motors as they pass me.

It's always a humbling reminder that, while I am trying hard, I will never run as fast as your truck.

The "Run, Forrest!" folks are also cool. I hope they enjoy being stuck in '94.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like this. It's funny, since trying to get healthier, I've noticed people of many different sizes out for runs. Whenever I pass them in my car, "Hey fat a**" is never in my thoughts to yell. It's more like, "Way to go!" I mean, I'm in my car, you're outside sweating your *kitten* off.

My thoughts as well! People who judge and do stupid stuff like this are usually projecting the self loathing they have for their own insecurities. All more the reason I plug my ear buds in and crank the music while I run :)
  • charlottra
    charlottra Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    good on you for being able to voice your feelings so articulately and for outlining exactly why you are doing this and why it is having such a positive effect on your life. It shows that even some idiotic comment can have a positive if its helping reaffirm your goals and proving your determination. good on you and that stupid idiot means nothing, the people who matter are the people who love you. way to go!
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I know exactly how you feel. I had that happen just the other week. I was running in my neighbourhood and was heading up a HILL in the HEAT and some kid walking past me starts oinking like a pig.

I was perplexed. I couldn't imaging how on earth that he could think that I was lazy as a pig or fat as one? I was running (albeit it be slow), but I'm training for a half marathon, I've run them before, I've got medals (from previous runs) and I'm 53 not 8!

So you go Peter, hold your head high and keep doing what you're doing. You are a winner! Never forget that
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Me and a friend was just talking about this sort of thing when I saw this post pop up on the side...how weird! LOL. People like that infuriate me, but you also got to know that people like that have some serious problems if all they can do is go out and belittle and make fun of others, or in my friends case...stare them down. Good for you for not letting it get to you and knowing THEY are the ones with a big problem, not you and how they feel about you means nothing because they arent worth it if they are that type of person. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Skyyy12
    Skyyy12 Posts: 24
    Options
    YOU TELL EM PETER!!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida- anyone running outside is a freaking hero to me. Treadmill + A/C = love!

But, hey! You've already lost 83 pounds? That's great! :D

PS- Love that it was a chubby dude yelling it from a car to the runner. Genius. :laugh:
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You are a CHAMPION and a great example!

I've not had anyone say anything like that to me but when I was riding my bicycle some kids started yelling, 'Look at the old lady ride a bicycle, LOOK AT THAT OLD LADY RIDE A BIKE!' Damn brats! I am 63 years old--it's not ancient in my book!

But this 'old lady' rode 23 miles in two hours. So there! LOL

Your inspiring!
  • Gibby_Gabbers
    Options
    Don't listen to those stupid people. If people wouldn't think I was a nut, I'd roll down my window and cheer any runner on because it's not easy to get out there and move. I think I've been silently cheering my fellow runners while I drive past them for awhile now. :o) You're doing a great job and your commitment to your running should be celebrated.