To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    You rock.:smokin:
    I bet you this new way of life gave you confidence in yourself, and that this episode would have had a totally different effect on you a few months back! That's what exercising do to us. WE ARE STRONG, WE ARE IN CONTROL OF OUR OWN HEALTH, AND LIFE, AND WE KNOW IT. As for all the @sses... they don't even deserve a word in return... we need all of our energy to finish our run, ride, or walk. :wink:

Great job for losing 83 pounds so far. :drinker:

You rock, you got this, and you know it! Talk about confidence - and for this reason, you will reach your goal :flowerforyou:
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    Peter, I'm not sure where you run in Lewisville, but if on your runs, you see an obese older man with a long grey pony tail and an obese woman on their bikes, that will be me and my husband. Then again, my husband also rides his bike with my adult children. (I maybe go 1-2 times a week and he goes several.) Keep up the great attitude! I'm not sure what my husband would do if someone yelled that at him, but I hope he would have your attitude. Take Care!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    LOL, I have yet for someone to yell something mean at me while I’m out jogging. Usually it’s cars honking, people waving or shouting “way to go”.

Don’t let that get you down. Like you pointed out, you’re out there doing it. That is all that matters, regardless of what size you are.

Rock on!! :drinker:
  • ntsmomma1
    ntsmomma1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    wow that just shows you he has self confidence issues somewhere in his life....i sometimes will yell out my window at people but its "you can do it!"..."your almost there"..things like that never anything horrible because someday i plan on being the person running down the street and i don't want anyone doing that to me
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    That is sooooo terrible! I hate that people can be so mean! You are doing an amazing job! Keep up the hard work!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people have the nerve or even the need to call other people names. It is ridiculous, extremely immature, and makes them look absolutely stupid. That guy was only pointing out what he didn't like in himself.
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

Congrats on your great work!

This! Couldn't agree more!
    Good for you, for making a huge effort to improve your life and your health.
    Too bad this jerk isn't doing anything to improve his behaviour.
  • monkeynumber100
    monkeynumber100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K and I am sure I will get comments like that at some point. I totally agree with all the "*kitten* 'EM's". I am glad you kept going. Now the challenge will be to get back out there and run again (well - it would be for me anyways). You've got this!!!

I saw this the other day and found it helpful for situations like this. It was a Zen proverb that said "Let go or be dragged." Hope it helps you as well.
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me one time...I was walking and some little skinny twitted teenage girls yelled at me and told me to call Jenny Craig...I was hurt at first, felt like high school all over again. Then I wanted to go beat their butts!! LOL People suck sometimes...
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome attitude that you have! Just ignore the nay sayers and the name callers! They just wish they were as healthy and are actually jealous and wishing they were as healthy as you!!!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    LOVE your spirit! Keep up all your hard work! You may have one stupid kid against you, but you have all of us supporting you!!! :)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have given it another thought. It was just some loser with his friend trying to look cool, unaware of his douchiness.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture on facebook last night of a woman who was large and lumpy and wearing spandex, but running her heart out. The caption said something about the fact that at least she's doing something. I agree. I don't care how fat you are, if you're moving a little bit, good for you! In your case, you're running miles and miles so YOU ROCK!
  • jeffsinkw
    Options
    I love this post!! People can be so UGLY but these a**h*oles are few and far between. You are amazing and don't you forget it!! Keep up the good work. Karma will take care of those jerks.
  • Kittyfuzz
    Kittyfuzz Posts: 1 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^

Some people are a serious waste of skin. Keep doing what you're doing huni.

AND FYI - give me a fat *kitten* to a skinny one any day!
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    #6 is my favorite. Great attitude! Keep it going! YOU ROCK!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thanks! This is the main reason I got started anyway so I could be around for a long time and enjoy my family.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes -- those guys must have monster mileage on their car -- they were in my neighborhood last month!
    Maybe they are on a country-wide tour? And I wonder what their tour T-shirts say?

Awesome!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I was were you are at last year starting within a pound 366.5 of your start and had some nasty comments yelled at me well a year later i am about 210 not close to goal but I am healthier lighter and running faster than last year and I saw one of the jerks ( recognized the car) and he is the same as he was STILL STUPID so we can improve but they will always be dumb *kitten*
    Keep it up it is worth it and the journey is fun
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options

^^ My thoughts exactly! ^^
    I'm sorry they did that! :( I would have cried and never ran again. lol
  • breza262
    breza262 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I've had the exact opposite feeling as the dumbo's that yelled at you. Any time I see someone bigger/older/more out of shape that I am out exercising, my first thought is "If they can do it, so can I". So thank you for being an inspiration not only to your family, but to many people that are crossing your path at different times of your health journey! Keep it up!