you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Bumping :) can't wait to come back and read this. I finished couch to 5k in early June and haven't stopped... this is such an accomplishment to me.
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    if you get more excited about running clothes going on sale than regular clothes
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

...it makes perfect sense to say that the 8 mile run you had on Sunday was easier than the 5 mile run on Wednesday... :huh:

Yes!!

All of these are great, I don't know what I could add!
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You might be a RUNNER if....you can relate to way more posts than you ever thought you would!!!!!!!
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are a runner if...

you make a monthly budget for the 5ks/10ks/halves/fulls you register for.

you find yourself saying, "I like running races/fun runs but I think I'll take a break from doing them and just run on my own" and then find yourself signing up again a few days later.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner when you get into the groove of your run and start thinking of what side streets you can add to your planned route to make it a little longer!

This is a classic. Although I hate running in my neighborhood, I sometimes do it out of necessity and I know exactly how long each cul de sac is. I am usually spot on with my planned distance when I arrive home, regardless of if I take a different route every day.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    If you are reading through this thread and have said 'glad to know I'm not the only one" at least a dozen times.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you have more 'running socks' then normal socks.

&&&&&

you are actually happy about doing laundry because now you will have clean running clothes.

^^^ this!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you want someone to pause your Garmin if they find you passed out :)

This needs to be on a t-shirt. :laugh:
  • JulieRoselovesFreeze
    Options
    You may be a runner if after sleeping in the car on an 8 hour roadtrip you jump out and go for a long run...
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are a runner if...

you make a monthly budget for the 5ks/10ks/halves/fulls you register for.

you find yourself saying, "I like running races/fun runs but I think I'll take a break from doing them and just run on my own" and then find yourself signing up again a few days later.

THIS! hah! all of it!
    i can literally spend hours every week browsing for races and seeing if they could possibly-maybe-kinda fit into my schedule.
    or seeing what races i can find that will give me an excuse to go somewhere new.
    "boyfriend, do you really think i need to be here for thanksgiving with your family? cuz i was thinking of maybe driving up to Maryland for a race that weekend?"
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ...your co-workers ask "How many miles this weekend?" instead of "What did you do this weekend?"

...your co-workers no longer look at you funny when you're obviously freshly showered after lunch.

...your co-workers don't both asking you to Friday night cocktails because they know you long-run on Saturday.

...you know who all the other runners are in your company so you know who to ask for good running routes while you're travelling.

...you die a little inside when you find out your shoe brand is retiring or upgrading your shoe series.

...you know the locations and hours of operation for runner friendly businesses on all major running paths in your area.

...you're known as "the quiet one" at work until the word "run" comes out of someone's mouth.

You know you're a Colorado Runner if:
    ...you ask about elevation profiles for every race. Even Chicago. Or Houston.

...you understand the different hydration needs for a run at 5,000, 7,000, and 10,000+ feet.

...you consider anything less than 500' of elevation gain a "flat route".
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You might be a RUNNER if.......

When to get to that first steep hill, you turn into Xena the Warrior Princess and say ‘Bring it on B*tch’, right before going into your high, shrieking warrior call.

I miss that show..:(
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Might be a runner if:

- you have no qualms about showing up sweaty to the super market or brunch, lunch, coffee date with friends. You are not missing your run!

- you use Dr. Bonners because it can double duty as body wash AND detergent for your running clothes which you wash with you in the shower after runs of course!

- you have made "nod the head" or "wave" friends with other regular runners on your favorite course.

- you have worn two pairs of running tights so you could still get your run in on a freezing day
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You see someone running while you are riding in your car and wish it was you.

:embarassed: (all the time)

Yes, this.
  • mamafish2313
    Options
    If you have a love hate relationship with your foam roller. AND it has a name...:heart: Foamy:heart:
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you have running shoes you won't wear for anything but running- not be-bopping around town, not weight lifting, not anything.

You might be a runner if you're willing to look un-cool to solve running problems- like a water fanny pack.

You might be a runner if you have more race T-shirts than T-shirts you've bought.

Ha ! Sooo true ! Just had to start a SEPERATE drawer for all of my running shirts.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I definately don't wear my running shoes for ANYTHING but running. And my running clothes now have their own drawer in my dresser! :)

Me too!!! So may of the others apply to me too...
    ...I have waaay more sports bras than regular bras
    ...I always have a HRM strap hanging up to dry in the bathroom
    ...and I get upset if I can't do my usual run...I get strange looks from the fam when I say "I only did 4 miles today"...they always have the same reply, "ONLY?" :laugh:
  • JenMull44
    Options
    You might be a runner if you want someone to pause your Garmin if they find you passed out :)

This needs to be on a t-shirt. :laugh:

HA!!!!! Love it !
  • JenMull44
    Options
    Might be a runner if:

- you use Dr. Bonners because it can double duty as body wash AND detergent for your running clothes which you wash with you in the shower after runs of course!

Ha ! I was telling a Co-Worker that I throw my running clothes in the shower with me and she thought I was crazy.
    Hey ! I need clean running clothes EVERY day.