Options
    I'll try it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    ..And we're off. Day one! woo hoo. :tongue:
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    Ok, I have to share this with *someone* so I'm going to bore y'all with this.

The last time I went out and had drinks was on June 30. July 1 I was walking the dog and passed our neighborhood haunt. Friends were sitting out side and tried to coax me over for a beer. I declined the offer and said "no thanks, I'm not having any drinks in July."

I had not made this resolution, ever. I love beer and wine more than any foodthing ever. I was nothing less than shocked when this resolution came out of my mouth. I was the girl that hadn't been sober for more than 5 days at a time since 1997.

The first 2 weeks were tough. But after I realized that beers by the pool were easily supplemented by unsweetened sparkling water... I was still able to keep the spirit of summer alive.

After a month of sobriety, I feel so amazing. I lost over 10 pounds and feel closer to my family and friends now that we've had a month of doing new things on weekends and such that were not centered on drinking.

I'm happy to join y'all in Alcohol Free August. Fun times!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I need this challenge!!! I'm in and will try my hardest!!!!!:wink:
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    The token Mormon here says: Count me in! This'll be an easy challenge for me!! :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!!! I am a HUGE wine, champagne drinker!
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    No problem. One glass of wine and I end up in the hospital with a crohn's flare-up anyway.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You are spoiling my fun.

I don't drink that much and I mostly drink wine. I will not give it up, I stay under my calories, I'm good.
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm definitely in!
  • nwilson91
    Options
    A good follow up to my "6 drink July." I'm in.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am in but I also went for 20 years after my kids were born so it will be easy for just a month
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    But, it's camping season :(

Then again, all those calories...I'm in!
  • reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i planned on this too!! IM IN!!! lets the game begin!!
  • Fairydust1225
    Options
    I realized that 2 weekends ago! I gained 4 pounds back after 1 day of drinking on the river! I have decided no more for a while so I am in! The sad thing is I ate nothing that Saturday and because of that i was sick all day Sunday and still gained it! Yeah I am in!
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    I'm all in. Argh. Can't believe I'm agreeing to this. :noway: Can we have meetings and stuff? Like, Hi, I'm cmriverside and I'm powerless - etc.

YES! We need group support meetings! :) Feel free to add me to listen to me whine! [wine...sob!]
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    this hangover I have $ucked up my routine..................didn't workout this morning. :(

i will try this out. i am in.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    awwww i'd love to, but on holiday this month....sozzzz!! honest!
  • pookeyism
    pookeyism Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think I need to try this, I don't drink alot but I drink almost every evening and I am not sure how long I have been doing it...if I can't do this challenge, then it tells me that I could end up with a more serious issue than the scale not moving.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    So do we keep a running tally of each day we dont drink?
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    <----big beer drinker here! It'll be a challenge, but I am in! :drinker: