What does Lulu Lemon have against fat people?

Options

Replies

• apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    my workout gear consists of:

Sweat pants
    Old shirts
    Free shirts (for participating in certain events, etc.)

because i think it's silly to pay extra for clothes that i'm going to sweat my *kitten* of in and only wear for an hour or two each day

I salute you, sir. You are not a poseur or a 'him-bo.' You're there to get the job done and not look like an Abercrombie and Fitch ad.

Actually some of us do get the job done but like to look GOOD at the same time. I don't think one has to be exclusive of the other.

I LIKE looking all sexified up in the gym. I like throwing up huge weights while looking like a good looking female.

I see enough women in baggy shorts, oversized tees WASTING time in the gym and lifting 5 lb dumbells.

Just because one looks good doesn't mean one isn't lifting bigger than the boys or bigger than the women in sweats.

Haters.

disclamier- I used to be an ARMY sgt...so after being in sexless fatigues all the darn time I actually like being uber feminine at the gym.

Granted I NEVER wear makeup or jewelry..that's even one of my own pet peeves but you better believe I'll wear cute gear at the gym...makes me motivated.

Today I wore this...

http://www.bluefishsport.com/activewear-basic-bra

.....with some cute pants.

While knocking out 8 deadhang pullups.(been my goal for the longest and today I reached it!)

Stop hating.
  • Anthyitis
    Anthyitis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I decided to start walking with the intent to run about two months ago and finally started seeing some weight loss as a result. To reward myself, I thought I'd splurge a little on a cute running skirt. They go up to a 10. I generally wear a 14. That's when I found out that Lululemon doesn't make clothes for us bigger folks.

That's fine though, I'm not even upset. Just...if you didn't want my money at size 14, you're definitely not getting it when I get to 10.

Nike still loves me. :P
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful to this post because now I know where to go and get my new workout clothes! Not lulu lemon, I'm too big...but Old Navy! Whomever wrote about their having cute plus sized clothes was spot on. Yay!
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    I just find it ironic that Lululemon is a sought after, expensive name brand of clothing created for yoga, a practice in which one hopes to gain spiritual insight.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am just playing devil's advocate here and pointing out the fact that Lululemon is a Canadian based company not an American one. Ideals on what is considered "plus" sized are just different in other countries where the obesity rate is a hell of a lot lower than fat ridden America. We are more accepting of bigger sizes because that is our norm, but elsewhere it is not. Size 12 may really be considered "plus" sized over there. Just for the record also...anyone who is buying this overpriced **** is not worried about fitness either...lol. Costs way too damn much to sweat in!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am just playing devil's advocate here and pointing out the fact that Lululemon is a Canadian based company not an American one. Ideals on what is considered "plus" sized are just different in other countries where the obesity rate is a hell of a lot lower than fat ridden America. We are more accepting of bigger sizes because that is our norm, but elsewhere it is not. Size 12 may really be considered "plus" sized over there. Just for the record also...anyone who is buying this overpriced **** is not worried about fitness either...lol. Costs way too damn much to sweat in!

I do care about fitness and I buy all this overpriced...sh**T.

But yeah, my avatar and other pics clearly show what a fitness poseur I am.

http://youtu.be/z18kFLGZksY

http://youtu.be/i9DkicIdmJ0 (in a tiny skirt and hooker heels no less! This particular pullup video is old though. It's about 2 years ago, not proud of my skinny arms in this but I was strong nevertheless despite it, and my arms have improved since then because I have lifted HARD in my lululemons!)

Video is Evidence I am a fitness fake.

How about some of you haters stop overgeneralizing that people who wear uberexpensive clothes aren't into working out. Obviously if you see someone who CAN fit into lululemon...they probably ARE VERY into working out.

THe only think I am guilty of is being VAIN about what I wear to the gym.

But I won't stand by and have HATERs, yes, haters who say people who wear expensive gear don't like to sweat.

I love to sweat in my $97.00 gear.

It's actually motivating to wear something so fitted...and looks so good.

It makes you want to keep coming to the gym and keep eating right..becuase if you don't...those outfits are NOT forgiving.
  • durbar
    durbar Posts: 1
    Options
    If youre not able to fit in any of the clothing sizes that Lululemon offers, it should come as a big wake up call, as opposed to anger or frustration with Lululemon.

Theyre a fitness store, so they market to people who are generally fit or interested in staying fit, as opposed to being obese or morbidly obese.

If you are not able to fit in their clothes, to be honest, new or expensive workout clothing should be low on your list. If youre truly committed to getting fit, you will outgrow them quickly anyway.

I highly recommend a focus on diet---the fact is, input is directly proportional to output. By that, I mean its a simple fact that you cant get fat by not eating. You get fact by not eating healthy foods, or by eating too much of any type of food, healthy or not. Yes, some people have hormonal or metabolic issues that make it more difficult for them to gain or lose weight, but for the most part, people use those as excuses.

You need to be honest with yourself and assess your diet first and foremost, and concentrate on exercise that makes you sweat (and not just walking). High tech or expensive workout clothing should be the last of your concerns, since if youre really serious, the clothes you buy now wont fit for long anyway. Go to Target and get some decent but relatively inexpensive workout clothing--- they actually have some good stuff for a fraction of the price.

Make Lululemon your reward for when you do get in shape and are merely in the habit of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
  • amandamickey
    Options
    Hm....seems like lots of people are confused about the Lululemon size chart.....12 = XL. I was explained this the first time I ever set foot in their store and wanted to try on a pair of Wunder Unders (their standard leggings).

size
    2/XXS
    4/XS
    6/S
    8/M
    10/L
    12/XL
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly unsure why this is a big deal. Major clothing lines have always had size cut offs, some higher than others. This isn't anything new.
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    I'm honestly unsure why this is a big deal. Major clothing lines have always had size cut offs, some higher than others. This isn't anything new.

This totally. Most brands end at 12-14.
  • plus_chocolate
    Options
    my workout gear consists of:

Sweat pants
    Old shirts
    Free shirts (for participating in certain events, etc.)

because i think it's silly to pay extra for clothes that i'm going to sweat my *kitten* of in and only wear for an hour or two each day
    ^ ^ ^ Completely agree with you. I wear shirts that the kids at work mess up or that were free.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this post. I actually sent them an annoyed email a few months back. I understand that many companies don't cater to larger people, but what pissed me off about them is that their website has the larger sizes listed, they just don't carry them. It's more of a slap in the face. Even when I weigh 135 pounds, I will not give them my money. I'll continue to buy my workout clothes at Costco.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I just wear old shorts and a t-shirt
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    While I understand where you are coming from (I never find my bra size in Victorias Secret and good luck finding pants that arent too long for me) But as others have said they have the right to cater to who the want. I think their crap is over priced anyway. Why pay that much for clothes you're going to sweat in for an hour then change out of?
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Welcome to being fat in Canada!! It's not like in the US, there is almost nothing available in plus size, let alone nice workout gear. I almost cried yesterday because I managed to fit into a Nike Running dri fit top.

I have a pair of old Lulus from when they were still making a size 14 and I cannot wait to be able to get another pair when I can fit into some 12s. They're crazy expensive but they definitely stand the test of time plus it's like wearing your bed... they;re that comfy.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm personally tired of not being able to find cute workout clothes for plus sizes in general. I don't get it. They should automatically come in plus sizes! I can find pants that work but aren't cute at old navy but forget about finding cute tops anywhere. I'm not talking spandex either. Just cute cotton t-shirts or tank tops. Is that too much to ask? :huh: lol
    Anyone here want to start a workout clothing line for the plus sized with me? My Fitness Clothing Pal? :laugh:
  • gottaluvya
    Options
    I really dislike going to ANY store or website and seeing their XL is a 12. seriously? I have seen one place where its an 8-10! WTH folks? it makes me mad. I worked and can get into an XL but now it seems XL is smaller than it was before in some places. I always have to check the size guides.

I am a 16. I found great pants/capris in the past at Old Navy. Also at our local Nike outlet and ****'s sporting goods I have found some nice Nike capris and tops that fit (and since I know they fit, I can browse eBay for things too).. I jiggle when I workout and I do not like the way it feels so I like to get tight fitting or compression bottoms to reduce that (or one pair of compression shorts that I can wear under my gym shorts when I run, so I can still have pockets for my music lol). as for tops, any old tee will do for me. I have taken over some of hubbys XL shirts, since he is in a L now. I even have kept some of my too big 2XL tops strictly for working out in. I have gotten bolder and picked up a couple tank tops for certain things, since its easier to move in them. I just have to look and be aware of the way things fit, since , for example, Nike's XL is a 16-18 and Under Armour is just a 16 and the measurements are different. Trial and error.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other posts but quite frankly, Lulu are there to sell a product. Their product is fitness clothing and it's spandex. Anything over a size 12 isn't going to look great in that clothing. If it doesn't look great, it's not going to sell. TO ANYONE regardless of size.

You want it, work for it!

I know women above a size 12 that would look good in spandex.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other posts but quite frankly, Lulu are there to sell a product. Their product is fitness clothing and it's spandex. Anything over a size 12 isn't going to look great in that clothing. If it doesn't look great, it's not going to sell. TO ANYONE regardless of size.

You want it, work for it!

I know women above a size 12 that would look good in spandex.

Hell I actually love my lulus ( old size 14) because they make my size 18 butt look fantastic! so I'm definitely sure I wouldn't be the only one buying them if they made 14 again!
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nine pages in, I wonder if anyone has mentioned this. When I first started taking my fitness seriously, I was a size 14-16 couch potato and was suddenly motivated. Within 6 months, maybe less, I was a size 8-10 and am glad I didn't drop serious coin on expensive gear right away. It's been a few years and I float around a size 6-8 and NOW I buy $98 organic yoga pants and $78 running capris from Lucy (also like Nike and New Balance running bras/pants) with confidence that they won't be too big too soon.

That said I seldom notice what anyone else wears, much less their size.

Lastly,I agree, they absolutely should be informed they are ignoring an entire market of consumers. Coincidentally, I think Lucy might actually have bigger sizes and they have some LL-looking items, equal or better quality.