you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• maemae1974
    maemae1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if when you are packing for vacation you take a swim suit and a sun dress out of the suitcase so you can fit your running shoes or an extra pair of shorts and running shirt.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Everything mentioned in all of these posts. Except the gu energy gel thing. I don't get confused because I know what they are, but I've never tried them because I'm frugal and I don't run far enough to feel as though I need them :p I also don't consider a 5K a "baby" distance. it's the one I enjoy the most because I can easily fit it into my busy life :)
    But absolutely every other thing!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you have given up on pedicures because you feel why bother, my feet will be jacked up in a week anyway!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You might be a RUNNER if you have lucky marathon socks (;
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner -- if you have ever painted the spot on your toe where your toenail SHOULD be :bigsmile:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if this is your idea of the ultimate vacation:
    http://www.cruisetorun.com/caribbean/index.html

If only you could convince ANYBODY to go with you! :ohwell: :grumble:
    (I've had this bookmarked for years!)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner -- if you have ever painted the spot on your toe where your toenail SHOULD be :bigsmile:

Thank goodness that has not happened to me... yet! :noway:
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You might be a RUNNER if......

* you spend more on marathon registration fees than car insurance every year
    * you own 2 sticks...a chaffing stick and a runners stick
    * you see the sun rise more than the sun set
    * You can laugh at the concept of "Dry-fit" clothing
    * you have a new found appreciation for the fanny pack
    * you think Coconut Water > Gatorade
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

You are confused why people think you are crazy to pay money to run in a crowd...
    You thought running a Quarter Marathon was FUN!
    You don't care if your state is hitting record temps in the hundreds - you still NEED to run (in the middle of the afternoon)
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    ...... the fat on your thighs rub so hard together that your scared it'll cause a fire in your pubes.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If your big toenails turn black and then fall off. Or is that just me?
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if.... you mention going on vacation and your co-workers immediately ask, "what race will you be running?"

.... you find yourself referring to a 3 mile run as your "short" run or telling someone you are "JUST running 3 miles today."
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me laugh so much, because it is ALL TRUE. Even the Dr Bronners and the Garmin.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    You are desperate to do this

http://www.ultramarathonrunning.com/races/jurassiccoastchallenge.html

but no one will do it with you, and just looks at you like you have sprouted a third head when you mention it with excitement.
  • wasereht
    wasereht Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you get upset about injuries because they keep you from running, not because you have actually damaged your body.

126593439495663707_1WTjZZ1R_b.jpg

LOVE IT
  • wasereht
    wasereht Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if.... you mention going on vacation and your co-workers immediately ask, "what race will you be running?"

.... you find yourself referring to a 3 mile run as your "short" run or telling someone you are "JUST running 3 miles today."

TRUE TRUE
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if this is your idea of the ultimate vacation:
    http://www.cruisetorun.com/caribbean/index.html

If only you could convince ANYBODY to go with you! :ohwell: :grumble:
    (I've had this bookmarked for years!)

:love: How have I not heard of this before? This is so going on my List.
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    everyone is all stank about my baby race comment! all I have to say is it's just the beginning! you can always go back to it, it's always a good place to start. it's the baby just like the marathon is the grand daddy of races! olde but a goodie! comon!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    it's the baby just like the marathon is the grand daddy of races!

I'm sorry, but as long as the Leadville 100 is run, the marathon is not, in fact, the grand daddy of races. More like the cool uncle.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I was going to add something to this, but based off most of these posts, I've concluded I'm not a true runner

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Aww shucks. I may need to print that out and hang it on my wall!
    Good idea.

Learn it. Know it. Live it. :)

I love that quote! Someone posted it last week! POST IT!