I think I need to be told I am fat

Options
Some people think they are much bigger than they are,I think I have the opposite problem,I think/feel that I am smaller than I am.
I wore this outfit the other night and felt so good,then I see the picture and am like ...not feeling so good.
I weigh 190 and need to lose at least 40 lbs to be even close to a healthy BMI(more like 50+) ,but my motivation lately has been less than stellar,the working out,running ect is great I work out all the time,I just eat way too much :sad:
So tell me do I look morbidly obese(I am only 5'3 so this is where I fall on the charts!)

Summer2012009.jpg

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I don't think you look obese at all! I understand the feeling though of feeling like you look great then seeing yourself later in a pic. Keep up the good work, you look fabulous.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" so I know the feeling. But I knew that people were calling me fat behind my back and that was enough motivation for me to move my *kitten*! You have to find the drive in yourself first!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    You do NOT look morbidly obese... O.O
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Not seeing the morbidly obese.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling too! When people tell me that all the time sometimes I settle.

What fixed my motivation is having someone take a picture of me in my bikini against a bright white wall. NOT forgiving lol xD
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I totally feel the same way. I feel great UNTIL I see myself in pictures. (which is why I dont take pictures) Its horrible.

But either way, you do not look 190 and you most def. do NOT look obese!
  • erylie
    erylie Posts: 34
    Options
    UGH...I think BMI... for the most point.. is junk... it doesn't take many things into consideration... ESPECIALLY when you're short!!! I'm only 4'11"... so "technically" I should only be 98-123lb... I'm 31 years old... work full time... and have three kids... I feel a "healthy" and realistic goal is 130-140... and I don't feel bad about that at all.. I think the only way to hit 98-123 would be to do things in a VERY unhealthy way... I think you are your own best judge... if you're honest... keep up the good work :-)
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this. I recently went to a concert - since it's super hottttt, I decided to wear a tank top and jean shorts. I felt so slim when I left the house...even while I was at the concert. It was when I saw the pics of myself...usually standing beside very thin/fit girls...I was like HOLY *kitten*....kinda hurt my feelings. I guess sometimes we can be our worst critic.

I think you look great! HOWEVER, if you aren't completely happy/satisfied, use that as your motivation!! That's what I've done. :)
  • jmllmj
    jmllmj Posts: 12
    Options
    How the hell do you look so good at 5'3" and 190? I am 5'10" and at 190 I looked like hell....you're magical. :) I understand the want to lose weight to be healthier, but you are by no means a "oh-my-god-look-at-her-butt" type of woman. ;)
  • karenechurch
    Options
    you dont look 190 at all
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're around 7lbs heavier than me and the same height. You look thinner than me though!

Just think, some people on here have lost 80/100/120lbs, we need to lose around 30-40, it should be straight forward so let's just do it!!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    SCREW THE CHARTS! Everyone holds their weight differently. When I was 160 (I'm 5'2'') I didn't look near that, but I sure did feel like 200lbs. I'm 138lbs now and I have friends that are 160lbs, same height, that look thinner than me. Everyone carries their weight differently.

The nice thing about you is that you look like you carry your weight all around, so not just in one area. For me I carry my weight mostly in my stomach and thighs, everything else is pretty thin. Keep doing what you're doing and force yourself to cut back on unhealthy choices and huge portions (If this really is your problem). It is hard to cut it out, but once you do, it gets easier and easier and you don't even crave the junk food anymore.

Good luck!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    So many people weigh less and are miserable, if you're happy, why fight that? Be confident, enjoy your life, make healthy choices every day and go live. :smile:
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    No, you don't look morbidly obese.....

That being said..... I'm about your size. You KNOW what you weigh and what your goals are.... Focus on being healthy, or healthier!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed, you carry your weight very well. I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone to tell you you're fat...
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I was expecting one of two things: either an obviously obese person or thin delusional person. You're pretty normal sized, in my eyes, maybe a bit overweight but not disturbingly so. I doubt I would even think you were overweight if I were just looking at you, not trying to gauge your weight. For your height I would have guessed something like 150-160. You could stand to lose 20 pounds, maybe.

Fyi, I am the kind of person that will give an honest answer when asked this question, so believe me, I'm being honest. You're beautiful.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    You look thinner at 190 that I did at 170! I can completely relate to this... or I used to, anyway. When I was at my heaviest, I felt thin and couldn't "understand' why clothes didn't fit me. Of course now that I'm much thinner, I feel much heavier. Can we ever win? I think we're already friends on here, I'll GLADLY support you girl.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    u totally dont look like 190 at all!!! and ur not OBESE either. since u want honesty i am honest about you not being obese because your totally not but ur goal of 40lbs is good.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    um you are not fat!
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 lbs more than you are and one inch shorter. You do NOT look morbidly obese. I do think that the BMI chart is a load of horse poo.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!