Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good Morning Ladies!!! :bigsmile:

Ugh, this week is just trying to take me down with it! :grumble: I got home around 7pm last night, after doing a 1.5hr meeting in a small "shack" with semi working A/C, and the temp outside was 99 degrees. Well, my nice work attire looked more like my workout attire looks after a tough workout. I was a sweaty mess! :grumble: I've at least got one boy without a fever, so he's at daycare, and the other is home with me. No fever yet today, but a mouthful of red bumps. After some research online, and talking with the nurseline, sounds like a virus. I just need everyone well before my grandpa's party this weekend (more like a family reunion on my mom's side), and The Dells next week!

This morning was Slow and Heavy Tri's followed up with The Firm Complete Body Sculpting. I actually really like this Firm DVD. It's weights, alternated with cardio bursts, but the bursts aren't terribly hard, so I actually feel like I can do the whole 50 minute workout. Normally, I am so tired from cardio bursts, that I can't push the weights properly afterwards.

Tami--Yeah, Cardio Day!!! Sounds like a perfect lineup to me! :bigsmile: I'm with you on the pre-mixes...I need to list them all out, or I forget about them. But, it makes it easier that I'm trying to stick to 30-45 minute workouts, as that weeds down the options quite a bit!

Michelle--Sounds like you have had a rough couple of days! Those darn packers, just can't get it right, huh? I would be furious if that was me! But, on the good side, sounds like an awesome house you got! I'm excited for you that you can move in so soon, and be done with all of the moving business! Don't worry about the workouts/eating the next couple of weeks. It is going to be tough to get in any sort of workout, I'm sure, and well with limited house supplies, the food is going to be hard to keep clean too. Just do the best you can, and know you'll kick butt when you are in your new home!

Laurel--Great workout combos!! That always helps with the stress of work sinking in! I'm sure you were all relaxed once you got out on that golf course! I hope it was a good game!

Good Morning Laurie!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:

Last night’s Spinning was lots of fun, another packed class. Today was Circuit Blast and I took the kids for a walk this evening!

Erika: Sounds like you had a very long day yesterday and the small shack for the meeting combined with semi A/C had to be awful :noway: … hence the sweaty work clothes!  I bet you couldn’t wait to get home and take a shower!  Your poor little guy, I hope he gets better very soon!  Nice combo this a.m., sounds like it was perfect for you ~ great job.:bigsmile:

Hi Laurie, Laurel and Michelle :flowerforyou:
    Talk to you all tomorrow – WooHoo that tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!!!:drinker:
    Tami

• fitzfour
    TGIF!!! :bigsmile:

This morning was S&H Shoulders followed by the firewalker tabata from CrossFire. I loved the CrossFire workout, but man-oh-man, does Cathe really need a 6 1/2 minute warm up and cooldown? That was a little overkill, I think! But, next time I'll know to do 2 tabatas, so my workout is actually longer than the warmup and cooldown! :laugh:

Tami-Sounds like spinning was a success on Wed. night! I bet those pups loved the walk last night! We just got the cooler weather (just for 2 days), so I opened all the windows last night and it feels so good! I think both boys are in the clear now, as we went the whole day yesterday with no fever! :bigsmile:

Well, I'm signing off for the next 9 days. We're headed up to northern MN for my grandpa's 80th b-day bash for the weekend, and then off to the Dells for the week next week. I plan to workout each day, but probably won't be able to check in, as I don't think I'll get any laptop time (hubby plans to work when the kids go to bed each night). So, I'll catch up with you when I get back!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I missed you yesterday, but DH and I enjoyed a very nice day together. I started it with my workout--Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix. Love that one. We then took a drive up Pike's Peak, and had great weather for it. I haven't been at 14,000 feet in a couple of decades, and loved being back on the top of the world.....at least the top of Colorado. :tongue: We also got some good golf in after for a little more activity.

Today was STS Total Body, which I love SO much. I followed it with Cardio Core Circuit, which also felt great.

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about the packers. We have had similar experiences over the years, and there are few things more irritating. Sounds like you were right on top of things though, and I am glad you realized what had happened to your iPad. Good news on the house! I hope it all works out. Don't worry about the workouts/eating. This is a stressful time, so no need to put any more pressure on yourself.

Erika, I am sorry about your week. I hope the party goes well this weekend, and that your family is all healthy. Enjoy your week off! And thanks for the feedback on CrossFire. I haven't ordered it yet but plan to do it soon.

Tami, thanks for understanding my motivational issues. They seem to be getting a little better, but it really has been a bit of a busy and stressful few months. But at least we love where we are at and what we are doing. So all is well. Great job with the workouts! Sounds like the pups are feeling the summer too! Too funny!:laugh:

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies :bigsmile:

Sorry I missed you Friday :wink: ended up being a REST day :ohwell: No workout in the am & as the day went on I decided to just head home instead of Spinning. Had a nice dinner outside & took the dogs for a walk. Read through some magazines that were stacking up, it was very relaxing. So Sat am was an early a.m. walk with my friend and then came home and did STS Total Body … which is one that I never get tired of and always look forward too! My legs are even a little sore today! :drinker: Today was another a.m. walk with my pups this time & then I did Slow & Heavy Shoulders and Legs followed by Cross Fire:bigsmile: I know this is going to be one I always like :bigsmile: Felt like a good workout day today, I love that.

Erika:  Glad to hear you liked CrossFire!  I am glad to hear your boys are good to go for the trip.  I hope you have an amazing time!  We’ll talk to you when you get back then.

Laurel:  Sounds like we were on the same page with STS TB.   :smile: Your day with DH sounds like it was lots of fun and very relaxing as well.  Especially being on top of the world … or Colorado!  Yes, the dogs are feeling the heat forsure, poor things.  They are both big dogs and with our late start to summer they are shedding like crazy still.  I was able to brush them a bit this weekend, but still have a ways to go with my long haired Golden. A friend of mine from work borrowed my P90X program and started that 2 wks ago. She is doing really well and hasn't missed a workout. She calls me her coach! At any rate she thinks (as we all want) instant results are going to happen. I explained that it's going to take time & she is also building muscle which is a good thing, that she will get stronger, build up her endurance & be able to do more as she goes aloIthaca well as cardio not being so hard for her. She really hopes to lose weight. Do you have any thoughts/ideas I can give to her as well. I did explain that two weeks is a very short time to see results just yet. I also don't know what kind of eating she is doing...... I did tell her that was going to be very "key" to her success.

Hope you all had a great weekend :flowerforyou: Talk to you tomorrow!

Tami

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry to be MIA! Have to say that I think faire is putting me into an exercise funk. Nothing is appealing to me right now, so really don't know what to do. S90 workouts where fun, but seems that it is not what I want to do. I'm still enjoying the kettlebell workouts, so have been doing those. I'm going to try some of the 10lb Slimdown workouts, and see if that helps. Maybe I just need to try different things. :wink:

Didn't workout this morning, because I was tired. Will see how I feel when I get, but I do have to get to church at 6:30. I'm thinking that I can get something in after that. But those dang tireds catch up to me. :yawn: If I'm not to tired, I will get in 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Total Body, and the 10 min. Bonus Buns workout. :wink:

Last night on the way home from faire, I was stopped by a State Trooper. I was going freeway speeds, but he stopped me because my headlight was out. :huh: We just noticed that it was out on Saturday. It still amazes me on how long they have you stopped for something like that though.

Tami, I have been enjoying walking my dog also, and of course she is always wanting to go. Well maybe not always :laugh: , this morning she wanted to go in our back yard to stalk a bunny! :laugh: I'm glad to hear that your friend is doing so well with your support. I like that she is calling you coach. :wink: Michael Skogg says one thing in his DVD's that really sticks in my head. He says that kettlebells are great for abs, but we all know that abs come from the kitchen. So very true, and it really helps all of us to have instructors remind and remind us of this. :wink:

Laurel, I have never been that high in the mountains. In fact have only seen mountains from airplains. :noway: One of these days, I will get a chance to actually walk on a mountain, because it really does sounds like an experience. :wink: Glad that you had such a great time.

Erika, Well I probably missed you, but I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Michelle, Sorry to hear about the time you have been having. Doesn't sound fun at all. Once you get settled in again, there will be time for those workouts.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I started out my workout week yesterday with a workout I don't do very often--Cathe's High Step Training. I avoid it because of the leg presses (there are so many!) but it felt perfect yesterday. I followed it with S90 Ultimate Ball. Today was STS Disk10/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Cathe's IMAX Xtreme workout from her Terminator DVD. That was a tough combo today. This is my last week of STS before I move on.

So with that in mind, I finally started previewing P90X2. I think I am going to be surprised how much it differs from P90X, but, of course, that is based only on two workouts. The series is set up differently than P90X as well in that it isn't structured as strictly. Each block of workouts can be done for 3 to 6 weeks, and there is no set recovery week in between blocks. Also, the program is set for a 5 day a week schedule instead of 6. The first block of workouts focuses on foundation, and the first workout is 55 minutes, and all focused on the core. In some ways it was like Core Synergistics but with completely different exercises. The second workout is Plyocide, which is very similar to Plyo X. I think what I noticed the most in both workouts are more breaks, a longer warm-up really focusing on stretching, and, with the Plyo workout, nearly 10 minutes of cool-down. So in the 55 minute workout, nearly 25 minutes may be warm-up or cool down. I won't know how I feel about that until I do them, of course. Tony looks great and is his usual self. But in those two workouts, not a single weight was lifted, and that is going to take me awhile to get used to since I am lifting 5 days a week now. I like some of the moves I have seen and am anxious to get started. But it is going to be different. And I think that's good!

Laurie, I hear you on the workouts right now. I have been gutting through them for a month now. I hope you find something that clicks with you soon. How scary being stopped by a State Trooper. I hope it didn't cost you too much. That just isn't fun. I hope you get a chance to walk on a mountain some time soon. It really is a fun thing to do!

Tami, sounds like you enjoyed your day off on Friday. I had a similar day on Saturday, and it felt great. So I finally pre-ordered XTRAIN, and also got Cathe's two newest! I am really anxious to try them out now based on your and Erika's feedback. About your friend, I think it is great she is doing this and has you to help her. But as Laurie said, eating really is key for visible results. And the key to that is the word 'visible', because her body is changing even if she can't see it. But even if she is eating clean and such, I think the earliest she would see results would be about 30 days in. More than likely, it may take another couple of weeks. Tell her not to lose patience because she is doing more for herself right now than changing her physique. And that is so important. Wish I had more input than that, but I do think it is great what she is doing.

Erika, hope you are enjoying your time away.

Michelle, hope all is well!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well last night was a bust for workouts, but church was something that I really needed. :wink: Have a much better outlook on life. I know that sounds a bit corny. :blushing: Anyway I did 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Total Body and the Bonus Buns workout, and it was really fun. Don't know if this is going to be the solution, but I'm looking forward to doing the kickboxing workout tomorrow. I do have a hair appointment after work, so probably will not get the kettlebell workout done. Maybe I will surprise myself and do it, since those workout are under 30 min.

Laurel, I had forgotten that you purchased P90X2, it will be interesting to see how you enjoy those workouts. I love Tony, and I'm sure that he is giving you a good product. That one workout does sound a bit short on the plyo work. :huh: I really do hate getting stopped by police, I have never gotten a speeding ticket since I started driving at 16. Would like to keep my record intact. :wink:

Hello Tami, Erika and Michelle!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean

Well with our short staffed office as of late I was filling in a lot yesterday so didn’t get a chance to chat with you all! :ohwell: At any rate, yesterday’s workout was only BootCamp class after work. We had a sub instructor but she has witnessed all the running we do so after a fun combo of drills she had us run around the entire building 3 times. :tongue: I'm reminded again that running is not my strength :blushing: Then some abwork. I thought she did a good job. This a.m. was Lower Body Blast (shorter Premix), tonight will be an Insanity workout after work. :wink:

Laurie: Sounds like we have all had a little bit of an exercise funk lately….not that it helps but at least we all understand what we are going through & can relate to each other, which I love.:bigsmile: I think for me just changing my instructor again and the style of workouts was good. I think you will find what works for you right now just by doing what you’re doing.:wink: Try out some various workouts that you know you have loved and see where it leads you! I bet that was a little scary getting pulled over, especially if it has never happened, good on ya for that! Pretty funny right, that she calls me coach. I try to wait for her to ask for advice/thoughts, etc. I do wonder on her eating, so I’m going to keep talking about that with her. She has a tendency to NOT eat, hardly ever … which I told her when I handed over the program to her to try that it would hurt her, not help her to continue down that path. I love that, “abs come from the kitchen” – so true! :wink:

Laurel: I bet it felt good to start previewing P90X2 …. It sounds like it is going to be good from what you have mentioned so far. I’ll be anxious to hear as you go how you like it. :smile: Yahoo on ordering up XTrain and the two new ones! :drinker: Hope you enjoy them too, especially after my enthusiastic reviews! Fabulous job on the workouts! I do enjoy High Step Training, since I’m one of those crazy people who enjoy leg presses :laugh: it’s just been forever since I did that one. Sounds like you had a great combo and WOW on the last week for STS! Will you go right into P90X2 or take a week of recovery? Thanks for your thoughts …. I agree and as I mentioned to Laurie, I do fear she is not eating much at all. But I love the mention of she is doing more for herself than changing her physique. I tried to go that direction the other day when she mentioned being upset about no changes. Too early forsure! Thanks again.

Hello Erika & Michelle:flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a great day ~ I’ll talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout blend for me today. I started with STS Disk 12/Legs. I was still feeling those leg presses from Sunday's High Step Training when I got started, but felt really strong by the end of the workout. I love that! I followed it with Kick, Punch and Crunch which was 66 minutes of pure fun for me today. I need that kind of workout to get me through this funk I'm in every now and again. I did a little Turbo Barre to finish it off.....but just a little. My legs were tired by then. But I am really loving Cathe's Turbo Barre more and more each time I do it.

Laurie, I'm glad you got some 'relief' from going to church. And it doesn't sound corny at all!! We all need something like that every now and again. Good job on the workouts! Enjoy your hair appointment. Yeah, I have no doubt P90X2 is going to be a great product. I think I am just going to have to get used to it, especially since it looks much more like a Cathe workout than P90X did! And I'm serious about that. He does alot more with the stability ball, and I kept thinking to myself 'Cathe does that move in such and such workout'. There wasn't much of that in P90X. But I'm okay with that since I love Cathe....and I feel prepared for alot of the moves right now.

Tami, glad you enjoyed your Bootcamp class. Yeah, running isn't my strong point either. :blushing: I am going to be taking nearly two weeks off :noway: in between STS and P90X2. We are headed to a conference in Florida next Tuesday. I was looking at the schedule last night, and for the four days of the conference (we are taking a few days to ourselves before the conference starts to head up into South Carolina), we are busy from 7:30am until at least 10:00pm. I had thought about taking some workouts with me, but, really, I think I would maybe have about one day to workout in the entire time in between travel days and such (and not wanting to disturb DH too much in a hotel room!) So....I don't know yet what I am going to do. But I'll start P90X2 when we get back.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing, and again it was just what I needed. Nothing planned for after work, so I will get in a couple of kettlebell workouts that I missed. Went with a lighter brown for my hair color this time, and I think it will be good for the rest of the summer. :wink: So Monday was stress relief for the soul, and last night was relaxation for the mind. :wink:

Tami, Have found that running is not my thing either, but I do like to be outdoors. Guess walking the dog will be my outdoor activity. :laugh: I think that I will do the workouts that I enjoy, I had my eye on the Bob Harper workouts, so that my fall into the rotation at some point. :happy: Jillian has some appeal for me also, since a lot of her workouts are short but effective. Yes you are crazy for enjoying leg presses. :noway: My one reason for avoiding Muscle Endurance. :laugh:

Laurel, Love that we are getting in workouts that are kicking the funk out! :laugh: I have to say that I'm enjoying these workouts more that I was enjoying the S90. That is really great that Tony is using the stability ball, can't wait for the reviews. That really is a long day for you at the conference, can see why working out will be difficult. And of course you will be tired from being at the conference for that length of time also. That is very nice that you can take a few days to r&r before then.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    I finished STS! I realized this morning that I have been doing it pretty much since November, so while I was sad to see it end, I do think it is time to move on to something different. I finished with Disk 11/Back and Triceps. Then I did a premix from Cathe's Step Blast/Step, Jump, and Pump DVD which was a combo of the step portion of Step Blast with the Hi/Lo and weights from SJP, all done in circuit format. It was 85 minutes long surprisingly tough. But I had fun with it.

I previewed another P90X2 DVD yesterday--X2 Total Body. Finally some strength training! But definitely not standard strength training. He does things like kickbacks while in Warrior 3 position (bent over with one leg raised off the floor) and bicep curls standing on one leg. In other words, as much a core workout as anything. It looks fun, though I don't expect many strength gains from it. But that's all right because I like the principle behind this type of workout....more functional I suppose. There is an Ab routine on the same DVD, but I didn't have time to preview it. For those who have done P90X, Dreya is back in this DVD. She annoys me for some reason, but I have a tendency to think Tony annoys me more when she is in a DVD, and I blame her for that! So I will have to put them on 'ignore' but I don't think that will be a problem with this particular workout. Also, pull-ups return in this workout, and even with a pull-up bar, I would never be able to do some of the moves. For instance, he does one where you go up in a pull-up and then curl your legs up to the ceiling as you turn over backwards. It reminded me of some move I used to do on the playground when I was in elementary school. Um.....not going to happen today. Thankfully there is a good modification!

Laurie, great job finding a workout you enjoyed doing. That is what I am doing with my cardio right now too, and it seems to be working. I am glad you enjoyed your hair appointment. I always go a bit lighter in summer too. In a couple of months.....back to dark. Despite the fact this has been an unusual summer, it is hard to believe it is August. My husband mentioned last night that he wants to try to workout while we at the conference. That will help me tremendously because then I don't have to worry about dancing around the hotel room while he is still sleeping! The days are going to be long, but since we are going to be sitting all day, I think I may really enjoy my workouts if I get a chance to do them.

Tami, Michelle, and Erika, hope you are all well!

I will ne MIA tomorrow so see you Friday!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies :bigsmile: Came home Tues eve and did Insanity Max Cardio Cond followed by Cardio Abs :wink: definitely a good combo! This a.m. was Cathe's S&H Chest & Back which felt good and tonight I went to spinning.

Laurel: :drinker: WooHoo on finishing up STS! That really is a long time but just like you said, it is sad to have it come to an end yet a great feeling to know that you did it! Great job and fabulous combo of workouts yesterday & today! It seeme you are definitely pushing through your "funk" and enjoying the workouts you have put together. :bigsmile: Your conference sounds like it will be very long days and hardly a free moment to get a workout in :ohwell: sounds like your hubby might be up for it though which will be good, like you said you won't be dancing around him while he is trying to sleep.:laugh: I hope it works out because that much sitting I'm sure will drive you crazy! You will definitely be anxious to start P90X2 :smile: definitely sounds interesting! I remember Dreya, yes she kind of bugged me a bit too. I'm like you, I kind of try to mute out the people and just concentrate on what I'm doing as best I can. Yikes on those pull-ups:noway: good to hear there is a good modifier!

Laurie: It sounds so awesome that you have done something good for your soul, mind & body this week :flowerforyou: What a great balance. I bet it felt good to get your hair prettied :wink: I also go a little lighter in the summer. With blonde highlights I usually go light and lighter ......:laugh: Great job on the workouts you are doing. I know you have always enjoyed the 10 LB Slim Down workouts so it's good to go that direction. Isn't it funny that we both had the "not so much" on feeling it with S90?? Again, glad I wasn't the only one :blushing: I know one of these days I will re-visit them to see how I feel but it will be a while from now. Good that our collections or large with tons of variety! :bigsmile: How are your DD's doing? Enjoying their summer?

Hi Erika & Michelle :flowerforyou:

Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb SD Xtreme Lower Body, and Bonus Abs. Had to take off my hr monitor this morning, it showed my hr at 95 and I was gasping for breath. :noway: I'm not that fit! :laugh: Something must be wrong with the strap, so I need to check that out before I use it again. :wink:

Laurel, Congrats on finishing up STS, and I'm really surprised that you have been doing STS for such a long time. That is what happens when you enjoy the workouts. :wink: LOL about Dreya. I totally agree with you on how Tony fawns over her. I think it is in Core Syn. that I get most annoyed with both of them. :laugh: I would never accomplish that move either! Escpecially when I don't really enjoy doing pull-ups anyway, so don't go and make them crazy on me. :laugh:

Tami, I'm very glad that I have the 10lb SD workouts, they are probably the best workouts to do during the summer. I get a good workout, but don't feel drained afterward. My oldest dd got an appartement off campus, and has been living there with her roommate all summer. She has always been my independant child, so I'm not surprised that she is able to not be with the parents during the summer. The youngest has been texting a "boy", which of course she isn't able to date yet. He asked permission to take her to the State Fair, so he has gotten one plus. :laugh: She is also still participating in the faire, but next year she isn't so keen on going. This month she also starts her driving course, can't believe that she is at that point.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~

I stayed up a little too late last night watching the Olympics so no early am workout :ohwell: But I came home and got in KCM Circuit Burn! Always a fun one. :bigsmile:

Laurie: Great job on your workout this am, sounds like a great combo! Don't you just hate it when the HR monitors go a little crazy like that?:grumble: I've definitely had my share of that happening. My current HR monitor is working great (fingers crossed, knock on wood,etc:laugh: :wink: ) hopefully a new strap for you will do the trick. Sounds like your oldest is having a fun summer then being on her own. Always special & fun times starting out with your first apt. I bet the youngest texting a young boy, starting to drive soon, etc is so surreal for you. All good things but I'm sure it makes you wonder where the time went! :noway:
    I booked a plane ticket today to go visit my sis! It will be fun to be there under much better circumstances than in Jan. so we will do some fun things & my mom will be there too! So good times ahead. Going on Aug 22-27!!!! :bigsmile:

I'll talk to you tomorrow :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Great workouts this moring with Skogg Roots Level 2, and then I followed it up with 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Yoga/Stretch. I really really need to make sure that I do yoga more often. Keep remembering that Bob Harper Yoga for the Warrior, and I'm thinking that one would be a good sub. I'm pretty sure that I'm sticking with the 10lb SD workouts for the remainder of the summer, just way easier on my body and mind. :wink:

Tami, That is so great that you are going to be able to visit with you Mom and sister, that should be a great time. :drinker: Yes it is a bit scarry really, that the youngest has gotten to this point in her life so fast. We are going to get her fitted for some new ballet slippers today, since she wore the last pair out. :laugh: Can't believe that she is going to be starting school and dance in just a month. Time is going faster and faster. Is that the hr monitor that you where having problems with? Did you send it into the manufacturer to get it fixed? I sometimes wonder if I get a little to obsessed with the burn number. :laugh:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Happy Friday! Today I did an interesting mix of workouts. I decided to do the 4DS Upper Body premix because I love it so much and am not sure I'll be able to do it while I'm doing P90X2. Then I did the first hour of Body Max 2 so I got some good cardio and leg work in as well. I finished it all off with Asylum's Relief. This has definitely been one of my better workout weeks in awhile. I think the Olympics inspire me!! :wink: Seeing all those fit people makes me want to workout more. I definitely needed something to re-energize me, and it looks like I found it.

Tami, I hear you on staying up watching the Olympics. I am enjoying them more this year than I have the last few times they've taken place. Not sure why, but I'm having fun with them. :drinker: on booking a trip to see your sister and mom!! Definitely better circumstances than the last time you saw your sister. That should be alot of fun. Great job with the Insanity workouts the other day! I keep telling myself I need to get back to them.....and I will....someday. :blushing:

Laurie, great job with the workouts. I previewed the new P90X2 workout on Wednesday. :noway: They do some crazy moves in it. It is shorter than P90X Yoga (65 minutes instead of 90), but he does things like crane (where you have your knees on your elbows) into hand stands. Um.....I can't even do crane much less a hand stand!!! We'll see how it goes when I actually try to do it, but if there are too many moves I can't do, I will probably be reaching for Bob or Eoin or somebody else because there is nothing more frustrating for me than staring at the TV when I am supposed to be working out. :laugh: It does sound like your youngest is growing up fast!! Where does time go these days?

Well, I probably won't see you all for a couple of weeks. We aren't leaving until Tuesday, but I know Monday is going to be brutally busy for me. I'm hoping to get my workouts in at least! Then the hotel we are staying in for the bulk of the conference doesn't have free wireless! I happen to think that is crazy these days, but I didn't pick the hotel, so........If I can find a connection, I'll try to check in. But if you don't hear from me, I'll be thinking about you and wishing I was home working out instead of sitting in a hotel conference room all day! :tongue:

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies :bigsmile:
    Thought I would check in tonight before heading to bed....so you don't think I'm completely MIA in the am:laugh: :wink: Friday was kind of another crazy day at work which this week will be as well. I'm going to be filling in for people a lot this week due to vacations. At any rate Friday was STS Total Body again for my "Fri Total Body" workout :smile: I kind of like ending the week that way. Sat I ended up taking as a rest day, just had a lot to do and then my BFF came over for dinner! It was fun. This am I went on a 3.3 mi hike up above one of our areas largest lakes. It was so beautiful. Then I came home and did Peak 10 Cardio Burn!

Laurie: great workouts again on Friday:drinker: I was just telling my friend who borrowed P90X about the benefits of Yoga :wink: trying to sink in my own advice. She wasn't overly thrilled with YogaX due to the length. I told her it would grow on her. My HR monitor... Yes I ended up sending it back to Polar but while it was taking forever (felt like) I got another one to replace it. It's working great, they replaced the strap & the little device that straps onto it but kept my watch the same. All at no cost. So at this point I have a back up... I would say I'm the one a little obsessed with the calorie burn number:laugh: I guess with all the problems I've had with them it will be nice to have the other "if needed"

Laurel: We'll miss you:flowerforyou: Great job getting in some amazing workouts before you left & I'm sure this weekend as well! I agree, the Olympics have really been inspiring. They are all amazing athletes. My DH has been gone fishing so I've been able to really follow the sports closely, recording them during the day, it's been fun! Thanks for th well wishes on Insanity, I'm trying to maintain at least one a week so this Fall when the eve class starts up again I'm not dying. Have a great trip/conference, hope everything goes well for you.

Hi Erika & Michelle - hope you are both doing well!

Talk to you tomorrow
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies, I'm back!!! :bigsmile: We had such a wonderful time away, I wish I could stay at the Dells forever! I never get tired of endless water rides, and neither do my boys!! :wink: The hubby is a whole different story! He was practically dragging us out of there on departure day! I think it was me saying "Just one more ride, please!?!:" :laugh:

I did get in some good workouts while I was gone, I found a couple great hills to run sprints on and brought TJ 3T for my resistance work. The eating got a little questionable by the end of the trip, but not horrible. It's just hard when we had to go somewhere with a gluten free menu, but that meant not the most variety for me. Oh well, back home, and fridge is stocked with my fruits I missed so much!

This morning was CLX Burn Intervals, but I had to modify as I have a very sore lower back and left knee. I think I'll be taking it easy this week!

Tami--You've had some great workouts while I was away! :bigsmile: Way to go!!!

Laurel--I hope you are all ready for your time away. I bet your body is ready for a couple weeks off, after all those tough combos over the last week! Enjoy! :bigsmile:

Laurie--I am in the same boat as you after coming back from vacation. Nothing really sounds appealing, so I'm just going with those workouts that don't really feel like workouts, and see if I can work myself back into it that way. I'm sure mine is from messing with my schedule and foods, but still it's an adjustment to get back into the old routine! Good job with the 10lb Slimdown Xtreme workouts! :happy:

Michelle--I hope you are getting all settled in to your new home and getting the girls ready for school to start. Can't wait to hear about it! :happy:

Off to get ready for work. It will be weird going back to it after a week. First time ever that I didn't check in once while I was away!

Erika
  • 2BLean

Today’s workout is going to be Cathe’s Intensity as soon as I get home! Decided since I have one more evening to myself in the house I will go for that one instead of running the HOT streets for BootCamp class. :wink:

Erika: Welcome Back! :bigsmile: That is so great you had such a good time, very happy to hear that! Nice job getting in some TJ and hill running while you were gone. It’s always good to get home and have your own “good eats” stocked up in the fridge. Food is always a tough one when a person is on vacation. It will be good to get back into the workouts too I’m sure! That mojo will come back sooner than you think I bet! :wink:

Hi Laurie, Laurel and Michelle

Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami