Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Gina B 60's Power Walk, Barre, and STS Total Body. I really like the ab work on this STS workout.

We more rain storms today. I have no idea how many inches we've gotten so far but it rained pretty hard.

You ladies wanted to know about the Mexican pastries I got. They are called Conchas (seashell). They are as popular as tortillas in Mexico and they are delicious. When DH and I used to vacation in Mexico the first thing we did was find the best bakery in town. We'd buy conchas and would have them with iced coffee for breakfast. There's another pastry I like which is the same thing some places in the US call elephant ears. It's a flaky pastry with sugar on top but this particular bakery didn't have them.
    When you go to a Mexican bakery they have plastic trays, like the ones you'd see in a cafeteria. You take a tray and a pair of tongs to grab the pastries or bread with. When you pay the cashier will put the bread in paper bags for you.
    I didn't read this entire article but it seems pretty good
    https://www.eater.com/2016/2/19/11054298/conchas-mexico-pastry

The marinade I used for the steak is called Mojo and the taste it gave the meat reminded me of the taste of carne asada (grilled steak) in a Mexican restaurant. You can get it in the international section of the supermarket. I'm used to seeing an entire section for the Goya products. I'm sure you can find it at Walmart, Target, Amazon if you can't find it locally.
    https://www.goya.com/en/products/mojo-criollo-marinade

I have a mammogram and a bone density test on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to going to the hospital. I'm worried about this virus getting out of control again.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Great workout! That premix is the one I did on Sunday.

It was a wonderful surprise to have found a real Mexican bakery here. That quilt is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm glad Rocket started using it. I just read Laurel's comments on the doggy pattern! I see the white and black dog too, just like Rocket!
    Good idea to send him to daycare an extra day because he will also be upset about the banging that will probably go on all day. DH leaves the garage open when he's working outside too. He just has to make sure there are no critters inside before he closes the door.

Erika, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend with your boy. How nice that he loved the quality time you spent together! I can't imagine how hard it is to move a king-size bed! We are stuck with our king size log bed. God knows how much it weighs but there's no moving this thing. I think they put it together in the bedroom.
    I'm glad your DH and your youngest boy had a wonderful weekend too. it really was a win-win situation for both your boys to have you guys 1 on 1. I bet you feel renewed after a nice weekend you had. Great job with the KCM workout!

If you ever find a Mexican bakery you have to buy some Conchas! DH and I are loving our new planters. We arranged 5 planters and each one is different. I'm going to buy 10 more plants for two more planters. Thank God for those express workouts!

Laurel, I'm so glad you had such a nice and productive weekend! Wow, lady! Great workouts too!
    I am actually thinking of doing that Ice to the mat workout tomorrow. I loved the STS Total Body workout today.

Thanks for the flowers comment! I'm afraid my aunt will never stop grieving. I know it can't be rushed. I just wish there was more I could do for her. I've been meaning to ask you about your hair. Did you color it yet? You should see how gray my hair is now! My hair texture is definitely changing. Gray hair seems very thirsty so I have to discover new hair products that will hydrate this hair. My hair is also long. My last haircut was in February! I going to schedule a haircut when I heard the virus is spreading like crazy again, so that won't happen anytime soon.

Tami, I'm so glad you had a nice weekend. Too bad it rained but I'm sure your FIL loved having the family together. Awww! Poor Bernie being so exhausted. At least he loved the attention! You are having nice weather now! We've had a lot of rain and there a couple of rain-free hours today. Great workouts! I love that STS Total Body workout!

It sounds like it was a very special time for your in-laws to have everyone together. Since DH and I have been locked up in the house since mid-March the little outing on Friday was huge for us! LOL
    I don't know if my aunt will ever get over my uncle's death. She definitely doesn't want to do anything except grieve. I'm sure she is going to quit her job. We didn't hear from her today; which tells me she had a bad day.

Goonight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,403 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was Chris Freytag's ACE HiiT Series ~ Core. ;)

Erika, Now that sounds like a great weekend with your ds, well minus the bed hauling. :D Very nice that he enjoyed spending time with his Mom, and that your youngest was able to spend time with your dh. Num on the trout, that had to be delish. Great job on your workout that is a good one. Kelly is a perfect one to pick for that week. Thanks for the kudos on the quilt, I tried out the quilt as you go method. Something that I have not done before, and I learned a lot. Very glad that it was for the dog and not something that I was giving to someone. :D Since there are not many places that we can take the car right now (most car shows have been cancelled), we have decided to take the car places that we wouldn't normally in the past.

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts, and can't say as I blame you on the mat work. You opted for the barre, so it all works out in the end. ;) Glad to hear that you are enjoying having Cathe all to yourself. ;) Congrats on getting the puzzle and book finished this weekend. Yep the quilt has dogs that are surfing or enjoying some summer activity. I saw the material at the store and had to buy it. My machine has a dog pattern stitch, and I used that on the binding edge. I couldn't resist. :D It gave me the opportunity to try that stitch out too. Awesome that those trees where taken care of so quickly. Keep their information, just in case you need them for any future trees that need to be taken down.

Tami, I'm sure that Bernie was exhausted after all that activity. ;) Even though Rocket is younger, a day at daycare and he is out like a light. Glad that you had a good time with family. Love the workout, it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with for their week. Thanks for the kudos on the quilt, I was glad that my colors worked with the dog fabric. I purchased them at different times and never compared them together. :D I love the colors also. There are two total body premixes that are express on that workout, so you could try the other one out at another time if you haven't done either of them.

Thelma, Nice workouts! We had rain the last few days, and it is needed for sure. Thanks for the information on the bakery, I will have to look around to see if there is one around our area. I would love to try the conchas, it sounds delish. I will be looking for that marinade, love to try different things and now that you have tried it out for us I'm in. :D I hope all goes well for your tests. Of course great minds think alike on the workouts. ;) I find it interesting that we all are picking some of the same workouts for this week. I couldn't resist that material on the dog material on the quilt when I saw it. Of course it gave me an excuse to try out the different stitches on my machine, and of course learning some new ways of doing quilts. I'm attempting a quilt for my youngest and trying out some new techniques. I'm going to be taking more care with this one though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good Morning!

Yesterday was a bit quieter at work, which was well welcomed! I got in my KCM workout after work (TLC Premix of Kelly's favorite moves), we grilled out with our neighbors and then had a relaxing evening at home. I had some wood to burn up, so did that and then went to bed! This week (early part) is going to be cooler than normal and cloudy, so I'm enjoying opening up some windows! This weekend brings back the hot/humid weather!

Laurie, great idea to take the car fund places since you can't do the car shows. I bet your quilt is better than I could do if I tried...I'm still not quite prepared to dive in. Maybe this winter...we'll see! I remember really liking that Chris Freytag workout, and no dread factor!

Laurel, sounds like a perfect weekend to me! I love that you got some work in, but also some puzzle/book time in too! Glad to hear the tree removal went well, that was quick! I'm with you...I don't have Cathe Live, but just the clips I'm seeing of her solo are just a whole different vibe. She seems very focused and the workouts look great! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying them. Good work switching up the workout for something that was more appealing!

Thelma, those pastries sound amazing! I don't know of any mexican bakeries near me, but I'll have to see if there are any closer to downtown that I could get to. I've heard of the Goya brand before...that steak marinade sounds like something my family would love. I'll have to see if they have it at Target next time I go! Great job on the workouts! Loving the ab portion is always a sign of a good workout!

Tami, bummer on the weather over the weekend, but of course it will be nice all week while you're at work! Nice job on the workouts and also getting some book time in! I need to find a good book to get started on...I haven't sat down to read a book in some time!

Have a great day! Talk to you all tomorrow!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,756 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Total Body followed by a fun 45 minute spin. Every time is do that STS Total Body workout I am amazed how tough it is for me! Such a good workout.

Tami, I am sorry your weather wasn’t great this weekend, but your time with family sounds wonderful. I bet Bernie is still recovering though. Great job with the workouts! Sounds like you, Thelma and me are all on the same page with STS Total Body. :) It is one of Cathe’s best in my view.

Thelma, you made my mouth water! I am both sad and glad I don’t have a Mexican bakery nearby. Great workout! Like I said to Tami, sounds like we were all on the same wavelength. I haven’t done anything with my hair, so it is long, frizzy and graying. B) I don’t mind the gray at all. I just wish it blended a little more with the color. I haven’t cut my hair since December or January, and I really want a haircut. But since our cases exploded (Alabama had the second highest number of new cases per capita last week), I just pull my hair back and continue being safe. Frankly, I think I would have felt more comfortable getting it cut in April than I do now.

Laurie, great workout! I am glad I wasn’t imagining those puppies on your fabric. And how fun to have a doggy stitch on your machine. :D Unfortunately all didn’t quite go as planned with the trees yesterday as they were unable to haul them off. And today....rain. But I am still pleased with their service. And I haven’t paid them yet, so I know they will be back. :)

Erika, great workout! Enjoy that fresh air before the humidity returns. Glad you got a bit of a break at work. Quiet, especially on a Monday, is good.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Today was KCM Body Shop. Planning on getting in a Peloton ride when I get home.

Thelma: YAY STS Total Body! We were all on the same wave length with that one…. As Laurel said and I agree, it is one of her best Total Body workouts I think. Do you think your aunt will be able to come visit you anytime soon? Not sure what the restrictions are on her coming to the US, but that might really help her to get away and be with you and your DH.

Laurie: Way to go with CF’s ACE HiiT/Core. That sounds like a perfect combo. I saw those great pre-mixes on her STS workout; i did the one minus abwork, just due to time. Love total body workouts. I am also looking at what everyone is picking this week for the Total Body. Gives me great ideas moving forward. I forgot to ask, are you going to keep that quilt or give it away as a gift?

Erika: Way to go with your KCM workout! After you mentioning her again and my workout last week had me thinking this a.m. would be a great time to get another one out. Yes, of course it will be nice ALL week while I am inside and no windows. But I did get out for lunch today and sat in a local park to eat my lunch and it was so nice. I am shocked that I started a book and am nearly finished. I love to read but just don’t have the time in the evenings. This might inspire me to read another one this summer maybe. We will see. Sometimes I start them and then it is so long I have to start over or just never get back to it. LOL

Laurel: We are all definitely on the same wave length with STS Total Body this week. Way to go following it up with a nice spin. It is a tough workout forsure; I always go heavy with my weights and my HR is up forsure. Feels great though. Bernie seems back to himself this a.m. which is good. Poor guy. I cannot believe he is now 13 yrs old. He is doing better than Emma was at 13 though, so that is encouraging for me. I can understand why you would feel nervous about getting your hair cut. If my BFF wasn’t my hair dresser I think I would have kept putting it off forsure.

Have a great evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow . . . Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were Tae Bo Cardio Fat Burn 2.0, Yoga Basics, and ICE To The Mat: Legs & Glutes. The Tae Bo workout I did today is the one that froze on me last week. This is a really good workout. After I laughed at his wife for being tired, I was pretty much the same way! LOL. I'll be doing it again.

Another rainy day here today. Finally, the sun came out in the late afternoon.

Laurie, great workout!! I hope you find yourself a Mexican bakery. Make sure the conchas are fresh. They will feel spongy when fresh. I think the mojo is amazing. Great minds do think alike! LOL
    I think that the doggy material you used for Rocket's quilt was a great find! It does sound like you're having a lot of fun making the quilts and trying out the different stitches and techniques! How far along are you with your dd's quilt? How is work going for her?

Erika, I'm glad you had a quieter day at work yesterday. Great job with the KCM workout!

I hope you are able to find a Mexican bakery near you so you can try the conchas. Remember to marinate the meat 48 hours if you use the mojo. You can use it for other meats too.

Laurel, awesome workouts today! That STS Total Body is hard. I have inner thigh DOMS from the Barre class, STS, and today I did the ICE To The Mat. Good stuff!

It really is probably a good thing you don't have a Mexican bakery nearby! My hair is freezy too but I haven't been using a lot of styling products. Why should I waste the products when I can just put a headband on or pull my hair up. I don't know what the cases here in Georgia are like but work, you guys are going up too. I also feel it's more dangerous to get a haircut now than it would've been in April! I feel this is the most dangerous period for the virus.

Tami, great job with the KCM and Peloton workouts!
    STS TB is a really good workout. The US isn't allowing Italians into the country yet so I don't know when my aunt will be able to come here.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2020
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Michelle Dozois One-on-One Total Body. I really do like this one, and I can go heavy and get a good workout done in 30 Min. My kind of workout. :D

Our roof is delayed by one day, but they did deliver the shingles yesterday. I had to laugh at DH, because he was so happy that they where delivered. I'm sure that he is just glad that the roof will be done, and we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Erika, Love the sound of your day and evening. I love that workout, because I think that Kelly's favorite moves are mine too. ;) We are having cool temps right now, but unlike you we can't open our windows because of our radon test. :/ I'm sure once you get the want to start quilting you will do fine. I really spent a lot of time on youtube, checking out some techniques before I started. I recommend this site https://youtube.com/channel/UCL-lWGVL6aKLiwWWbFr19Fw She has a lot of great advice. Also check out https://youtube.com/channel/UCWnhR7raxVFDHmDXqCIzuAwThe CF ACE workouts are all really good. I do like her, but just couldn't justify having her steam since I didn't use it enough.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts. Bummer on the tree debris not being removed. I'm sure that they will be back for that $$, and I'm sure that they will do a great job of getting the trees out when the weather cooperates. I hope that the C19 in your area starts to go down soon so that you can get your hair cut. ;) I almost forgot to mention that Tony Horton has youtube workouts that you might be interested in. I have not looked at them, because a lot of them appear to be very long. Just thought that you might want to venture over at some point to check them out.

Tami, Nice workouts! Everyone is doing some really good ones this week, or at least all the ones that I like. :D I'm trying to get at least one core/cardio workout in each week. I tend to avoid those just ab workouts. I like to mix it up a little with cardio, but of course I will never be doing the CCC one from Cathe. :D I'm going to be keeping the quilt, Rocket was playing with it this morning so that means that he likes it. He is a goof, and any toy that he really likes he pounces on and runs away. :D He will do that about 5 times before he wears himself out.

Thelma, Wonderful job on your workouts! I will have to schedule that Tae Bo workout into my rotation. Thank you for the information on the conchas. There is a bakery in the city near us, we do have a high Hispanic population in our area. I don't tend to go into bakeries, but will have to check them out. The pictures that have been posted look tempting. I'm still in the beginning stages of dd's quilt. I have a very large amount of fabrics that I have ordered online. I only went to the one fabric store, but have not ventured into the other one that is near me. I will have to check them out sometime next week when I'm on vacation. DD is doing really well at work, she is only working 3 days, but in those three days she made the same amount of $ as when she worked 5 days. She has been really busy in those 3 days. :)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies!!

Bright, sunny, warm and low humidity here today...finally! We've had 2 cloudy, gloomy days, so I'm excited to see the sun! Last night was KCM Body Shop workout #2. Really had fun with that one!

So, the new news over here is that we are moving up (hopefully) our purchase of a lake home to now. We were going to wait until the boys move out and go off to college to sell our house and buy a home on a lake, but after more and more thinking, we decided to go the cabin route instead. I absolutely hate the stress of shopping for a home, but it's fun to see places. Not much to pick from that's close (we're trying to keep it within 2 hours, so we can easily maintain a 2nd property), but hopefully we find something. Tomorrow after work is our first home we are going to see.

Tami, I had to smile when I saw you did Body Shop :) I prefer workout #2 or over #1, but they are both still fun! I'm glad you got outside for lunch...it's hard being stuck inside when it's nice out. I'm not sure if it's worse having no windows or like I have, a full wall of windows. I sit and watch everyone outside playing, walking, etc and just get bitter! :D I'm like you on the book front...I love to read, I just can't seem to devote enough time to it and if I don't keep at it, I feel like I forget the whole book! BTW, Olly Hair vitamins were a bust. Took them for 30 days and noticed nothing. I just started using It's a 10 leave in conditioner spray (with keratin) and noticed my hair seems to be looking healthier and less falling out (I have a LOT of very fine hair, so I lose clumps of hair daily). We'll see if it helps the growth.

Laurel, STS Total Body is one of those that you think isn't going to be too bad, and it sneaks up on ya! I like that one, if I've got some good motivation for the day! I hope your weather is cooperating for some nice walks outside!

Laurie, I don't know if I've ever done that MD workout...it sounds perfect timing wise and the pace allowing you to go heavy is even better! Did she ever return to making more workouts after her knee replacement? I know she was out for quite awhile. Thanks for the links on quilting! I think once I sit down and start doing some reading on tips/best practices I will get more motivated to start.

Thelma, is that Tae Bo workout one that is free? Maybe I missed it in the discussion last week! Sounds like a fun one! I've got the mexican bakery search on my list for items to do later this week!

Have a great afternoon/evening!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout involved two workouts I haven’t done in forever....and I really enjoyed both. I did LIS Turbo Barre followed by Shock Cardio Step Moves. My opinion of both workouts has really changed in the 8 or 9 years since they came out. I used to be bored to tears with Turbo Barre, but I really appreciate how thorough it is now. And I thought Step Moves was overly complex, and now I think it is just pure fun. I suppose this is why I hold on to some workouts forever even when I don’t like them! :)

Tami, sounds like another great workout. I definitely agree that STS Total Body works almost as a cardio workout because my HR gets so high in it. But I also somehow manage to feel like I have gotten a great strength workout too, and I think that is what makes it so good. And tough. Yes, our virus situation here is just not good. Our county is barely holding its own, and even with that, our hospitals have more patients now than they have had throughout all this....and the numbers keep going up. The mayor of Huntsville is considering a mandatory face mask order, which I think he might have to do sooner rather than later. One of our biggest issues is we have two counties (one on either side of us) with a fraction of our population but much higher caseloads. One county’s cases have been due, in part, to a meat processing plant. But the other county, they have studied it and it is pure community spread. And since we are the city in between, well, a lot of people living in those counties work and shop here. The salon I go to is very near to the county line for that latter county, and that makes me a little more concerned than I otherwise might be. But, thankfully, our city officials are finally admitting that they are getting a tad concerned, and that gives me hope we can start mitigating the spread again, at least here.

Thelma, great workouts! I am definitely feeling my legs today too. I walked around the house after Turbo Barre to see if they would stop quivering so I could get on my step. :D But it is a good kind of worked feeling and not an overworked kind of feeling right now. Like you, we are getting lots of rain this week, but we really needed it. I am not really trying to control the frizz in my hair either, especially with DH gone. I am the only person who sees me some days, so I kind of just let it go. I think it might actually be a little healthier than it has been for awhile since I am not doing anything to it, which is good.

Laurie, great workout! I am sorry your roof was delayed, but getting the shingles delivered shows progress. And progress is good. I don’t think the tree guys are going to be back until Friday, which surprised me a bit yesterday when I called to ask. But with the rain, they might be getting back logged (no pun intended ;) ). So I did my best to move the pieces I could budge off our grass so it doesn’t die. It is amazing how heavy some of those pieces are! I don’t envy them having to get them up the hill and out of our yard, that’s for sure. Thank you for the information on Tony’s workouts! I will definitely check those out.

Erika, great workout! And yay for buying a new house!! I agree that the process can be crazy, but if you find the right one.....oh so worth it. No doubt it will be some work taking care of two homes, but it can also be a fantastic experience for all of you. How exciting! Unfortunately the weather is rainy, which has me inside more than I prefer. But I still eat dinner every night on the deck because I just need that time outside. The other night it was raining and blustery, but, thankfully the wind wasn’t blowing towards the deck so I was able to stay dry. :)

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ No Peloton ride last night, but that was ok. It was such a nice sunny evening I made dinner and sat outside a little bit. I may go for a ride tonight though. This a.m. was LITE Metabolic Total Body.

Thelma: Way to go with the Tae Bo Cario FB + Yoga AND ICE to the Mat Legs. I’m glad your sunshine finally came out … enjoy that view! Thank you for the kudos on my workouts. That KCM Body Shop workout was great, I did the combined 1 & 2 pre-mix and as hers always do it was a lot of variety.

Laurie: Your workout sounds like it was perfect! I don’t think I have that one of hers. Glad you are getting in such a variety of workouts. I laugh every time you mention NOT doing the CCC workout from Cathe. Glad to hear you are keeping the quilt and that Rocket likes it as well.

Erika: Way to go with Body Shop #2. Great minds think alike! I think if I was to pick one of the workouts, #2 would be my first choice as well. I did the combined 1 & 2 for my workout, which was great. She does such unique moves that you don’t always do, makes it fun. Yahoo for bright, sunny & warm weather for you. Thank you for the feedback on the Olly Hair Vits. I have tried even a more expensive supplement before and noticed ZERO change. Yes, I don’t know if no windows is better. My old spot (for the same company) had a window but it was a cubicle and now I have an office and no window. I’m just thankful to have a job that people are very kind and normal …. On the most part. LOL

Laurel: Way to go with the LIS Turbo Barre + Shock Cardio. I haven’t tried Turbo Barre in a very long time …. For that very reason. The boredom makes me just drift off and want to stop. Maybe I will give it a try one of these days. I hear you on having 2 different counties neighboring you. Due to the State of Washington being right next door and their cases being way different than ours, PLUS they come to Idaho so they can do more things and not wear a mask. Washington is mandatory you wear a mask going into any business. The southern part of Idaho (Boise) just closed restaurants and bars again. But they too have way higher cases than North Idaho. Such a confusing/scary time. As things open up it starts spreading so we have to be super careful. I hope it doesn’t go back to what was happening with everything closed. Mostly for the economy it worries me but also the spreading of the virus.

Have a great evening ladies~ Talk to you all tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I did four workouts today, two in the morning and two in the afternoon! I can't believe I had the energy to do a yoga class after doing Pyramid Pump. My arms were shaking by the time I got to the shoulder presses toward the end of the workout.
    My workouts today were Tae Bo Body Burn!, Beginner Gentle Yoga, LITE Pyramid Pump, and Revive and Restore Yoga. I really like the Pyramid Pump workout. I am officially hooked up on Tae Bo. I used to love Tae Bo and these home workouts are just like the original Tae Bo workouts that I loved. No crazy moves yet I'm getting a great workout.

Laurie, great job with that Total Body workout.
    I'm sure your DH just wants to get that roof done ASAP! Will they be able to finish it in one
    I normally don't go into American bakeries but a Hispanic bakery is something I can't resist. DH went for a ride today and came home with two conchas!
    Do you still have to make an appointment to go to the fabric stores? I hope you have a relaxing vacation week. Are you going anywhere other than the fabric stores? I am so glad your DD is doing so well at work! Wow! She is really busy to make the same amount of money in three days that she used to make in five days before!

Erika, don't you just love those low humidity days? We've been gloomy since Sunday but at least the sun came out from time-to-time.
    How exciting that you're going to buy a lake home!! I hope you find something close to home and soon! It really is fun to see places. Make sure you take plenty of notes.
    The Tae Bo workouts are free and you can find them on YouTube. A lot of them are 1/2 hour long which is perfect for me.
    DH came home with two conchas today! It's a good thing I worked out like crazy today and had a lite dinner.

Laurel, great job doing those older workouts! I'm glad you loved them! OMG, did you do the entire Barre workout? Of course, I'm asking after I did the 80 minute Pyramid Pump workout today! LOL

I pretty much have worked my legs every day this week. I love it though. My inner thighs are talking to me and it's rare that I can hit my inner thighs in a way that I'll have DOMS. I love doing yoga classes with today's instructor because she always has us holding the poses longer and you really have to tighten your lower body to be able to do that. I always feel these classes in my inner thighs.
    Good idea to walk around the house after the Barre class!
    I don't mind the rain because we live are surrounded by trees and I worry about fires. Yesterday the forecast said we were done with the rain and it rained today and will continue raining the next 2 or 3 days!
    I am finding that with gray hair you have to change your entire hair care routine. I'm in the process of figuring that out. I joined a couple of gray hair groups on Facebook. One of them is specific to curly hair ladies. OMG! The routines to take care of curly hair are insane. Too much work for my taste so I'm going to try some of the products they recommend. Your hair I'm sure is healthier now without hair color. Gray does require lots of hydration. I think I'm going to start using my styling products again to see how my hair behaves.

Tami, great workouts! I'm glad you gave yourself a break to enjoy the sunny evening! KCM workouts are really great. I haven't done one of hers in a very long time.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2020
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Cardio Sculpt Overload, and I did the whole workout.

The roofers showed up this morning right at 7am, and it is a very good thing that Rocket will be at daycare. He was barking and running from window to window, so I now know that he would make himself sick just trying to protect our house.

Erika, Nice workout! I think that you will love having your cabin, even if the timeline has been moved up. The interest rates are so good, it is hard not to take advantage of that. My brother has a cabin and they are about a little over an hour away from Duluth. So I think your travel time frame is a good one, you don't want to be to far away. Can't wait to hear all about your first cabin tour. The MD workout is a newer one of hers, and all the workouts on the DVD are around 30 min. or less. I remember seeing that she was having surgery, and I know that she was doing facebook workout videos during this quarantine. I have not tried any of them, but might try some out at some point. When I get home from work I usually pop on youtube on my tv, and watch a video while I relax for a bit.

Laurel, Great workouts, and making another workout out of those tree pieces. That is why I keep workout also, you just never know when your taste will change. Sorry to hear that your city is right in the middle of the C19 outbreak. I'm on vacation next week and planning on going up to see my Mom and Dad. I will probably wear my mask when I'm in the house, but will be taking a lot of breaks outside I'm sure. ;) We have to go through about 12 bins of fabric that my Aunt is getting rid of, and she wants me to help her plant some phlox. I'm sure that she will want me to take her shopping at some point too.

Tami, Love that workout! Very nice evening, so I don't blame you for nixing the ride. We have to enjoy these nice summer evenings while we can. The MD workout is a the newest of hers, and it is all 30 min. workouts. She really doesn't have much of a warm up or cool down, but then again most of her workouts she starts you out slow and uses that as the warm up. I really do like her style, just can't do those really long workouts. If I do her longer workouts, I will be cutting out some circuits. Probably the ones that I don't really like. :D

Thelma, Awesome job getting in two workout sessions and four workouts! I'm so glad that you are enjoying those Tae Bo workouts again. I agree with you on them being like the first workouts he put out. I think Billy is enjoying making those workouts from his living room, and that is what makes them so good. They will be finished with the roof tomorrow, so two days. We have a two story house and a five car garage, so there is steep roof lines. They are also taking off the old roof, and replacing. We didn't want them to put shingles on top of what we had, because apparently they where installed wrong. That is why we would have shingles flying off our roof during wind storms. The fabric store that I will try next week I don't need to have an appointment to go to. They only require a mask and a certain amount of people in the store. So I may have to wait outside or in my car if there are to many people in the store.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies!!

Last night I decided to take a rest day and just did a nice walk with the pups. This house buying thing is stressing me out already!! We found out they had multiple showings last night (they've only had it on the market for 3 days) and multiple offers, but are waiting for our viewing tonight and then will review all offers tomorrow at noon. I'm hoping we love it, and can get in a good offer if so!

Thelma, I just love those days when it's full on energy! I like the feeling of getting in several workouts on occasion, and then having your DH bring home conchas is even better! I'm going to check into those TaeBo workouts for sure!

Tami, nice workout this morning with Lite Metabolic...still one of my faves! I hope you are able to get in your ride after work today!

Laurel, verdict is still out for me on Turbo Barre. I think it is because I went through a barre phase and burnt myself out on barre, so I struggle with getting motivated with any barre workouts. But, I'm going to give that one another shot after STS, as it's been awhile since I've done that one! I hope the weather cooperates for some outdoor time for you today!

Laurie, great job on the full Cardio Sculpt Overload workout. That one is one of my faves, it's just so fun!! I'm glad the roofers are there and you are getting Rocket to daycare. My dogs would be the same...they have to protect the house from people, dogs, birds, leaves...even the wind! I'm excited and nervous for the home tour tonight!!

Have a great day, I'm off tomorrow but I'm sure I'll be checking in with an update! If we end up putting in an offer, the offers will be reviewed tomorrow at noon so we should know more by tomorrow afternoon.

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! This will be a quick check in today because the sun is shining, so I have to get out and mow the lawn before it rains again. :) Today’s workout was a 45 minute Peloton ride followed by a 20 minute body fusion workout with Jessica Smith. And mowing. :D

Tami, I am glad you enjoyed your evening. Sometimes it is just nice to sit in the porch. I am sorry you are in the same situation we are with COVID. It is no fun right now, that’s for sure. Great workout. I love that Metabolic Total Body workout.

Thelma, wowza in the energy! And you did 80 minutes of Pyramid Pump! Way to go! I have been welcoming the rain as well. Our grass was beginning to die despite watering it a lot, and I don’t like that. I haven’t really noticed that my gray hair is more dry yet, but that could be because my hair has always been pretty dry. But without styling it and such, it sure feels softer....until the frizz kicks into high gear. :o

Laurie, glad they got started on the roof. And I am glad you are finally going to get to see your parents next week. Great workout!

Erika, glad you took the day off. House buying is very stressful, and that sounds like a crazy crowded market to be shopping in. :o Multiple offers in three days is truly crazy.

Off to mow! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Quick check in .... couple people went home early today so filling in everywhere in our dept. ;) I did get in a 45-min HiiT/Hills Peloton ride last night, felt great! No workout yet today, I stayed up too late last night so hit the snooze, but I will get something in this evening!

Our boss announced we are going back to "Appt Only" and doors locked starting Monday. with COVID cases increasing in our state and neighboring Washington, he wants to be extra careful. Our Counties numbers haven't moved much at all, so just a precaution.

I will check in with you ladies tomorrow :)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Tae Bo- Get Ready to Move and Popsugar Leg-Toning and Booty-Burning. I'm really liking starting my day with a 1/2 hour of Tae Bo. It's always a sweatfest.

Thanks for the kudos on my workouts yesterday ladies!

I had my bone density and mammogram today. I don't have results yet and the mammo results will have to wait till they get my last results from MA. The mammo wasn't as painful as it normally is. They use a piece of foam on the glass surface your breast rests on. The technician said it was memory foam. It makes a huge difference!
    We finally had a rain-free day!

Laurie, great job with the KCM workout! Awww! Poor Rocket. I hope you'll be taking him to daycare tomorrow too!

Billy rips his shirt off on the workout I did today! LOL. I thought he was fat but he still has a nice 6pk. I think it was a 6pk.
    I forgot to tell you that my Humira nurse ambassador called me this week and we started talking workouts. I told her I was doing Tae Bo this week. She said she loved Tae Bo and wanted to buy his original workouts on DVD and couldn't find them. I told her about YouTube. Talk about karma!

I can't believe your shingles had been installed incorrectly. I'm so glad you're getting it done right! You may want to get to the fabric store early so you don't have to wait outside too long. Can you stay inside as long as you want?

Erika, how nice that you took a rest day! House hunting is very stressful. Just keep in mind that if it doesn't work out it's God's way of telling that one wasn't the house for you.

I couldn't believe I had so much energy yesterday. I think my body is loving this rotation! You have to check those Tae Bo workouts. I always feel like I had a nice ab workout after doing Tae Bo.

Laurel, great workouts today and I'm glad you included mowing on the list! Sounds like that beast of a machine gives you a nice workout!

I think this rotation is good for my body. I'm feeling more energetic. I think we both found out that all that heavy lifting we did on the previous rotation left us exhausted.
    I'm glad the rain was good for your lawn! Our grass and weeds look pretty good too! LOL. I've spent about $100 this week on different hair products. I hope they work on my hair. You have to start using your styling products when the frizz kicks in!

Tami, I'm so glad your boss is being more cautious this time around. This virus is spreading pretty much everywhere. Great job getting a Peloton ride in!

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Today was Jillian's Lift and Shred workout 1, I do really like this workout. The roofers couldn't work today because it is raining. They will be back tomorrow. I still took Rocket to daycare, he will be extra tired this weekend. :D

Erika, Hope that your tour of the cabin goes well. Can't believe that there are so many showings in such a short time period. When we got home yesterday the roofers where still working, and Rocket was going crazy. He calmed down a little, and then something goes bang and he was at it again. :D

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Of course the other workout with the mower also. ;)

Tami, Dang on the appt only aspect, hope that all goes well with that. Great job on the HiiT work. I felt like hitting that snooze button this morning too.

Thelma, I may have to join you on that Tae Bo once a day, but make it my getting home from work workout option. I just love the way his workouts work the core section, and you don't feel it until after you have done the workout. Great job on your workouts! Interesting on the memory foam with the mammo, I do hope that they have that option when I have to go in again. Oh my on Billy ripping his shirt off. I to was wondering about him gaining weight, it must be the oversize shirts that he wears. He used to wear those skin tight ones. I love that the nurse is into the Tae Bo, and that you could steer her to his youtube channel. If she loved the live workouts, then she will certainly enjoy these. The fabric store that I want to go to will allow me to be in the store as long as I need. Then someone will have to wait for me to get out if they are at their max capacity.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies,

Well, the cabin was a bust, but we are ok with it. The lake was filthy, and we stopped in the local VFW to talk with locals and they said the lake is not really swimmable or fishable. The house itself wasn't terrible, but the lot was less private than the pictures showed too. Overall, it was nice to get out of the house, talk with some locals and we found a great BBQ place on the way home for dinner outside.

Today will be KCM, of course! Yesterday was no workout as we left right after I was done with work and didn't get home until late.

Laurie, hopefully the roofers can get some progress made today! We have been off and on rainy here over the last 24 hours and sounds like it might be that way this weekend too. It's supposed to be hot and humid, so I guess that causes the popup showers. Great job on Jillian, I do like that workout too!

Thelma, another great sounding Tae Bo workout! I'm glad to hear your appointment went well...I sure hope that foam addition is something all places are going to be doing. I told my husband I think mammograms are the worst for me of all the "lady things" we have to have done. Doesn't help that in my family the older you get the more well endowed the women become. Happened to my grandma and my mom and now me. So I get the "I'm sorry" from the mammogram tech every time I go.

Laurel, good job getting a workout in and outside quick to get the lawn mowed. I feel like we are all in that weather pattern of rain, sun, rain, sun!

Tami, I hope your Friday goes fast, it sounds like it will be a busy one. I'm happy to hear your employer is taking some proactive precautions at the workplace. I think we'll see more of that very soon with the numbers starting to go up again.

Have a great weekend! I'm going to be online searching for that diamond in the ruff cabin :)

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I survived the lawn mowing yesterday! It is amazing how much it had grown with the rain we have had this last week. I feel so much better for getting it done, and I only got hit with a few sprinkles while out there, and by the time I was done.....full sunshine. So I took the time to trim some shrubs and clean the driveway. I am glad I did it because today....rain. Again. :)

My workout today was two of my favorite Cathe workouts. For my Total Body workout, I did Cathe Live Lower Body/Upper Body Dumbbell Challenge, and for cardio, I did Lift It HiiT It Live. So good, even with a fairly tired body.

Tami, great workout. I am not really surprised your office is closing back up. Better to be safe I think. I think we’ll see more and more closures as time goes on.

Thelma, great workout! Hope you get good results from your tests. Mammograms have been around for a couple of decades now, and I am surprised they are just now coming up with a way to make them even slightly tolerable! But I am glad it was better. I am loving this rotation too! I am already think about extending it. I actually think you may be right that those 12 weeks we did may have been a bit too much for our ‘seasoned’ bodies. But putting a week of less intense workouts in between a week or two of heavier/more focused lifting may be the answer. It is giving me new ideas of ‘what is next’, that’s for sure.

Laurie, great workout! I sympathize with Rocket and the roofers. I was in the house the bulk of the time they were doing our roof in Alaska (which took two weeks), and I was going crazy too. :D But I am glad they are making progress with it. It was funny yesterday because I realized I have started mentally referring to our mower as the lawn monster! Made me smile. But it and I are getting along a little better now. :)

Erika, I am sorry the cabin didn’t work out, but hopefully you feel it was worth the effort for what your learned about it. In all our house hunting over the years (rentals and buying), the one thing I have realized is the photos are almost always horribly misleading. It is frustrating until you find the right one where the photos match reality, that’s for sure. But it sounds like you made the most of the trip.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies and Happy Friday! Really anxious for the day to just be done … feeling a bit burned out today, not sure why. The energy in the whole office feels different, maybe I am picking up on that a bit. We’ve all been working so hard just back-to-back-to-back, etc. days. :D:# Last night I headed home and reached for a short but sweet workout: 21Day Fix Xtreme "Dirty 30" workout.
    It was just right for a quick and total body with a little cardio as well. Will probably get in a nice Peloton ride when I get home with some great music and motivation from one of the favorite instructors and then relax and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Thelma: Way to go with the tri-fecta of workouts! Great that you are enjoying your Tae Bo in the a.m. Hopefully all comes out great with your tests today, I am sure they will but always nice to hear you have a clean bill of health. I bet the pillow did make a big difference. For me, the pillow would probably be larger than the actual smooshed breast. LOL Yes, it is great that he wants to be cautious forsure; I think he feels pretty lucky with how long we have dodged a bullet and with so many people coming in and out now it makes him nervous.

Laurie: Awesome job with your JM Lift & Shred #1. Darn on the roofers not coming. Hopefully things will get wrapped up soon and that project will be finished! Bernie has never been a barker or nervous about strangers and now he cannot hear so he would probably sleep through the whole project. LOL When our neighbor has been over to mow the lawn (last year) he didn't even get up to go see him. So much for being protected if intruders came by when DH is gone fishing.

Erika: Sorry to hear you wasted a trip. I think it is awful when a property is mis-represented with “enhanced” photos. They think they create interest by doing that and can possibly sell you something else. Instead it wastes everyone’s time. Good you found out and didn’t make a sight un-seen offer or something. It just means the perfect cabin is waiting for you. I am anxious for the weekend! Weather is supposed to be crummy after all week of blue sky and sunshine. Maybe it will change though. It could! ;)

Laurel: Sounds like a perfect workout combo today! Way to go. Good job getting the lawn mowed. DH was able to get part of ours mowed and then he was just way too hot so he will do the rest tonight. He also just ordered an edger which arrived last night. He is anxious to use it. We aren’t really surprised either, it is good to be “ahead of the curve” at this point then right in time or behind. With everything going on State and nationwide it is smart to do. Customers that have been notified are already complaining. It’s ridiculous. We still offer the exact same service just by appt instead of walking in and having 5 people at a time in a closing room signing papers.

Have a great weekend ladies! Tami