Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! I did quite a mix of workouts today, but it was good. I started with ICE Muscle Meltdown Triceps and Icy Core 1. Then I did a 45 minute Interval and Arms ride with Peloton. Then I did 20 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee and ended with a long walk. It felt great today.

Erika, I am sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well on your day off. Glad you recovered quickly though. Sorry that your day yesterday was not good as well. I love Week 4 of Meso 2 for those shorter workouts....and they really burn the muscles too. Great job pressing on with STS given everything right now.

Thelma, great workouts! Glad you are enjoying the change from all that heavy lifting. I am as well. And my body is really liking the break. :) I love that your DH is working outside. I think once I got used to all the distractions I could probably work outside. My problem would be when the weather turned and I had to come inside again. I could be outside forever I think. I am praying for your aunt and hoping she feels well enough to reach out to you again soon.

Laurie, sounds like a good workout. I imagine having everybody back at work is going to be interesting for awhile. I have no doubt that those of you who have been there throughout have a level of comfort far different from those who have been at home. Hopefully a good compromise can be reached for everybody.

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Wanted to stop in real quick and check in! Things are good. I had a nice quiet weekend, even relaxed on Saturday with a book I started when I went camping a couple weeks ago. Yes, me actually reading a book again finally. :) Then Sunday I got busy again with housework, groceries, workout, etc.
    Since I checked in last, I did PHA as planned on Thursday, Peloton ride on Friday evening, RESTED on Saturday and then Sunday's workout was Tri-sets All Upper Body followed by a Peloton ride. Last night when I got home, I was pooped out from another busy day but I jumped on the bike and did my 200th Ride!! Even beat my own record for a 30-min HiiT/Hills ride. :):) I was glad I did it. Tonight will be determined when I get home.

I was just reading through the posts and you all sound like you had nice weekends & great workouts! I should be able to catch up tomorrow. I think it is going to be a "normal" busy and I will be all caught up. :)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Tae Bo, Yoga Basics, and LITE Body Weight and Bands and Bonus and Bonus Triceps Pyramid. It's a good thing I had watched the entire Tae Bo workout last night because after 6 minutes it froze this morning, and it didn't come back until 20 minutes later. I just kept moving around doing the moves I remembered Billy doing. I had my boxing gloves on too. I really enjoyed the band workout and my triceps are feeling it.

Our temps were much cooler today. After 10 minutes out on the deck, I came back in because I was cold. Funny how our bodies have acclimated to these temps. 56 degrees this morning felt like 40 degrees back in MA! LOL. The forecast claimed we'd get thunderstorms yesterday and today and it just didn't happen.

Thank you for praying for my aunt. She told my other aunt that she is thinking of quitting her job because she is tired. This isn't good news at all. She's going to sink deeper into depression. She hasn't told me about this idea so I can't say anything.

This is a picture I took from inside the house as the sun was going down one night. Ignore DH's big head! LOL
    e3isld8ggmnx.jpg

That is the view from every window on the side facing the mountains which include our bedroom, our workout, and guest rooms.

Laurie, great job with Kelly's workout!
    I don't even know when the bug stuck to me because I didn't see any bugs flying around. So far we've been lucky with pestering bugs, but we see some weird looking ones. When I'm on the deck and I hear the fountains go, I sit down and enjoy the sound. On the driveway side of the deck, we have the big bird feeders, and on the mountain side, we have the hummingbird feeders.
    Thank you so much for praying for my aunt Laurie. She needs all the help she can get.

There was nothing Boogie about Jessica's workout as far as I am concerned but it was really good. The Tae Bo workout I posted is really good. He uses the step and those bands that go around your shoes. I used to have them but I must've gotten rid of them.

Erika, sorry work is upsetting you. Good for you for working out! Don't you just love it when you get a short STS workout? LOL
    I love birdwatching too. We're always looking out the window facing the driveway to see what kind of creature is out there. I'm so glad you're enjoying your birdbaths! Isn't that fountain sound so soothing? Did you get your mom to buy one too?
    Thank you for keeping my aunt in your prayers. I really appreciate that!

Laurel, fantastic workout combo! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    This metabolic week is not something I expected to enjoy but I am loving it. I actually have DOMS! I feel like I want to repeat it for a month! LOL. I'm so glad you are enjoying it too.

I don't know that I could ever fully focus if I worked out on the deck. We are fortunate that the sun doesn't hit the deck until about 3 PM so DH can be out there most of the day. Sometimes he's out there even when it's raining because it is covered.
    I so appreciate those prayers for my aunt. Thank you!

Tami, I'm so glad things are good and that you had a nice quiet and relaxing Saturday!

Great job getting your workouts in even when you're working so hard at work! Congrats on your 200th Peloton ride and for beating your own record! Yaay!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,410 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I had Chris Freytag on the menu, but I didn't want to do the one I posted. She had done some during the quarantine so I looked through all of those and did one called Kickboxing Strength 2.0. Good workout, but she was having issues with her music. I couldn't hear it so I was just going by what she was saying. ;)

Erika, Glad that you enjoyed the STS workouts, and it was perfect for taking you away from your bad day. I have to wonder if people will ignore those shut downs, but that seems like a lot of people on the patio. :o For the most part people around here are sticking to the 6ft rule, but the mask wearing isn't as prevalent. I think that our state can't do another one without going through the legislature. There is so much conflicting information out there right now, it is crazy. I'm all set to pre-order those workouts today after noon. :D They both look really good.

Laurel, Nice job on your mix of workouts! You are right on the comfort level with the people that have been here through the whole process. We are comfortable with the hand washing, using our disinfectant and sanitizer. We have intern season around here, so that means we have additional people than what is normal also. I think the first few days people where a little scared, but you can see that they are getting more comfortable as the week is progressing.

Tami, Glad you where able to check in. Great job on all the workouts that you have gotten in, and getting in your 200th ride! You are getting your $$ worth. Nice that you could get to reading a book again. I usually read before I go to bed, it takes me a while to get through a book doing it that way. :D

Thelma, Great job with the workouts, and getting through it even though it froze up on you. I never had the band, but of course he always had options for not using it. What a great picture view you have! I have a very small fountain that we have running, and it sure is a lot nicer to listen to than the freeway traffic that we can hear when the wind blows a certain direction. I will continue my prayers of course!

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun one. I started with Muscle Meltdown Biceps, then I did two of my favorite Live workouts—Cardio HiiT Metabolic and Cathe Live 200. These workouts are really different than the ones I did on Monday as these workouts, while having short cardio blasts, really focused more on compound moves or weighted moves for the heart rate. It was a great workout, and I felt so good after I went for an hour long walk. B) It is so cool and dry right now that I can’t not be outside enjoying this. I was thinking when I was walking yesterday that the weather reminded me of winter in Florida....sunny, nicely warm and not humid. Love it! I know the humidity will be back soon, though.

Tami, thanks for checking in. Congratulations on you 200th ride!! That is amazing. And you picked a tough one to do it! I have awhile before I get to 200, but I also think my numbers are skewed since I have started adding a cool down ride after nearly every ride. Doesn’t seem quite right to count a five minute cool down as a ride. But I will still celebrate when I get to 200! :D Yay for reading a book! I go in fits and starts with it, that’s for sure.

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad you mentioned DOMS, because I am really feeling this week. But even though I am sore, I don’t have that tired feeling I was getting some weeks in our last rotation. I am so glad you are enjoying this metabolic week. We have four of them in these eight weeks that you can do whatever you want! :) What a fantastic photo. If I were you, I would never want to leave home again (and not because of the virus). So beautiful and peaceful.

Laurie, sounds like a good workout even with the music issues. I must admit that it took me getting out and about to not be quite as concerned about being out and about. That said, there is a big difference between my feeling comfortable at the grocery store at 8:00am where 90% of the people are in masks and what DH and I saw out on Memorial Day weekend. :o I have never liked crowds, and that hasn’t improved with COVID. B) But I feel if everybody is smart, this virus can be somewhat contained. The resistance to face masks is the one thing I don’t quite understand, especially for things like shopping. I understand wearing one at work all day if you aren’t around people would be a pain. But for quick errands and such....I don’t get it. But maybe that’s because I kind of like the anonymity a face mask gives me. :D My introverted personality is really thriving with some of this, I will be honest.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ I did a really fun workout when I got home last night. It was KCM Lean Body Circuits Strength pre-mix followed by the Boxing pre-mix. Really good workout and right around 45-50 min. I will definitely do that one again. Realized how much I miss doing a little KB action. So fun. :)

Erika: I am sorry to hear about the beginning of your week being rough …. Never fun to start out a week feeling down. Yay you and high fives for pushing on through your workout! Sometimes that is the best remedy for having a bad day.

Thelma: Can I come stay at your house please! WOW what a beautiful view. No wonder you love your new home so much. That is breathtaking. So happy for you two to have that beautiful setting and life there in the mountains. Way to go with your LITE Body Weight & Bands + Bonus Tri’s, PLUS your Tae Bo and Yoga. Way to work lady!

Laurie: Way to go with your workouts! Sounds like we did a similar style of workout with the strength and KB. Good on you for staying the course despite the music, sounds like it worked out regardless. Thanks for the kudos on my 200th ride! Definitely getting my $$$’s worth I think. Yes, I would love to read before bed but by the time I have cleaned up from dinner, prepared for tomorrow and watch a little TV with DH it’s lights out. LOL When he is gone fishing I always think I will read and instead I catch up on shows I have recorded. Those new KCM workouts look like a lot of fun! I saw you and Erika talking about them so I took a peak. ;)

Laurel: Excellent job with the MM Biceps and then back-to-back LIVE workouts, they sound really good. I know what you mean on the cooldown rides, I think I have only done a few of them so I still felt it was worth a celebration forsure! It’s kind of cool how it keeps track of my walking workouts, weight workouts, yoga, and cardio, etc. I previewed a short cardio workout one day, briefly but apparently I didn’t turn it off and it showed I completed the workout. LOL So we are starting up the “Look Great in 8” rotation next week right, starting with TOTAL BODY? I am really wanting to make myself accountable to get up early and get these workouts in … even if it is 4 days during the week and then have my after work ride on the Peloton or just walking/relaxing, etc. I think getting back to that schedule will feel really good and back to my “old normal” as I was talking about a few posts back.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were Gina B. Low Impact Cardio, Beginner Gentle, LITE Rev’d Up Rumble and Pyramid Pump Shoulders, and Revive and Restore Yoga.

We had a very nice partly sunny day, but on the cooler side. No rain again!

Laurie, great job with the Kickboxing workout! My instructors don't play music during the Zoom classes because we either can't hear the music or the instructor at home.

Billy didn't offer options on that workout for those who don't have the bands.
    I'm glad you liked our view. I get easily distracted by the view. How nice that you have a fountain too! They really help in masking sounds. Thank you again for your prayers.

Laurel, great workouts today and good job for getting a one-hour long walk too! The weather has been really nice here too.

I totally agree with you about feeling sore but not tired. I think our bodies required more breaks from heavy lifting now!
    I'm glad you liked the picture. I just noticed that there were hummingbirds at both feeders on that picture. The view is very distracting. It never gets old. I think this is why we've been OK all this time we've been sheltering in place.

Tami, great job with the KCM workouts!
    You're welcome to come and stay at our house anytime! Can you believe we had no idea we were buying that view? When we came to see the house the fog was so thick that we could barely see the trees across from the house. Since we loved the house so much we were OK giving up the view we wanted so much. We didn't know we had a view until our closing day when we came to do our last walkthrough! Our jaws hit the ground when we arrived here and saw the view. LOL

Hi Erika!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was 6 Week Six-Pack Level 1.

We had our radon system put in yesterday, something that we have been needing to do for a while. Next week the roofer will be replacing the roof. The only other thing that we need to have done is getting the rodents under control. DH said that squirrels where in the garage yesterday running around, and we don't need them in there.

Pre-Ordered my Kelly workouts!

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! You really sound like you are enjoying your week of metabolic. So nice that your humidity is so low, that is like a little bonus. I'm like you, I don't like crowds. :smile: I tend to avoid places that have a lot of cars in the parking lot right now. I don't need people breathing down my neck. I was surprised yesterday when I stopped at the store to pick something up, there wasn't that many people. So enjoyed that. Most of the people I see wearing masks are not wearing them correctly anyway. :o I love that you are feeling incognito with your mask on.

Tami, That sounds like a great combo, I will have to try that one out one day. I ordered those Kelly workouts yesterday, just love her workouts so no doubt I would order them. I hope that means that Cathe will be filming those 30 min. workouts that she had to put on hold. I so want those also. :D I'm into workouts that are under 50 min., anything over that and I tend to say nope. I can only read a little bit before bed and then I tend to get sleepy, but I can work my way through a book that way. Of course with this nice weather it is tempting to sit outside with a book right now.

Thelma, Great job on those workouts! Guess we are spoiled with good production with our DVD's. People should find out what Jessica does, since all of her youtube workouts are so good with volume. I think that Kelly's was because she was outdoors, and that makes a difference from her RAW workouts in her basement or garage. She was actually practicing in her garage for the filming. I guess everyone is making due during this time. Interesting that Billy didn't show options, because I know that I don't have that band. Guess I will have to preview to see if I can incorporate a weight or a ball.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies,

Quick check in today, as it's nuts around here right now! Hubby left for 4 days on a fishing trip with the youngest, and the oldest was supposed to go, but he's been running a fever now for a couple days, with nothing else but a headache. I'm not sure what is going on, but I didn't want him up in a cabin on Lake Superior and sick with who knows what. So, I've got him home with me and keeping an eye on him to see if anything changes. Work is VERY crazy right now so of course I'm feeling extra stress. I did get in my STS legs workout late last night, even though I didn't feel like it. I'm glad I did, it was a good one!

Thelma, your view is AMAZING!! I just can't get over it! Nice workouts you've gotten in, the variety is right up my alley! I'm impressed with you going on with the Tae Bo workout, despite it freezing. I would have thrown in the towel! I hope your aunt stays at her job, even though I can understand it's probably hard to focus and it is probably both good (keeping her busy) but bad (stressful) at the same time. Hopefully she talks to you about it, so you can give her some advice! I am really enjoying my birdbath and a friend bought one too. My mom has so many birdbaths already, so not sure she will get one. If not, I may get her one for Christmas!

Laurel, oh your workout mix sounds sooooo fun! I'm glad to hear you are having good weather for being outdoors...I think all of us are getting some great weather! Ours is hot and humid, but the only time I'm not working is after dinner, which is shaded then on our patio and very comfortable. I've been spending a lot of time out there just unwinding!

Laurie, great workouts!!! We put in a radon system at our last house, but this one tested fine. It's a chore, but you'll feel much better about the air in your house now that it's installed. Not to mention, some states require them if you sell your home and have radon levels too high. I got the KCM pre-mix order in yesterday, thanks to her IG reminder! I'm super excited!

Tami, good job on your 200th ride and beating your record! Sometimes those days where we're too tired to workout end up being just what we need and our our strongest days! I love that KCM pre-mix, I think it was one I just did last week. She really has the best pre-mixes!

Have a great day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a quieter day so I can hop on and say hi!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Metabolic Total Body, and I did the 87 minute premix that included the Blizzard Blast, Muscle Meltdown Chest and Core. Then I went for another long walk on this beautiful day. But the walk took longer than expected because I ended up talking to our neighbor for an hour in the front yard. And then guys are cutting down a tree at the house they are building next to us and wanted to give me a quote for removing two trees we have that died last year. DH and I have been talking about doing it, so I accepted his offer. DH may think differently, but he isn’t here B) and I want the trees gone before they fall down. I’ve been watching how they do the tree removal, and I am impressed. Our neighbor behind us was having some trees removed yesterday, and, well, there is a dead tree laying clear across his backyard still, and it has been there since yesterday afternoon. I don’t want those guys, that’s for sure. :o

Tami, great workout! Yes, I like how Peloton tracks the different workouts and how many you have done. But they do count every workout previewed, even if just for a second. A couple of times lately I have started a workout only to have it stop 10 seconds in (literally), and when I go to restart, I noticed it has been ‘checked’ as completed. :o So my numbers really aren’t accurate at all....but I will still celebrate 200 rides! :D Anyhow, we actually started the rotation this week with a metabolic/whatever feels good week. This week, for me, is really a recovery week coming off that last rotation, so it has been workouts that I enjoy. But, yes, on Sunday we start back with Total Body!

Thelma, great workout! How do you find those Pyramid Pump one upper body part segments? Do you feel like they are effective? I am just curious. I love doing one upper body part per day at times, but I also want to feel like I have worked the muscle when I am done. Do you feel that with those?

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like you are getting a lot done around the house. Squirrels in the garage isn’t good. We have chipmunks digging holes everywhere right now, and we really can’t find any way of dealing with them. Our big guy says they don’t have anything to combat them either. :/ Yay on the preorder!

Erika, I am sorry to hear about your crazy times right now. I hope your DS is okay and starts feeling better soon. Good job getting in that workout given everything going on. That’s a tough one to have to talk yourself into, that’s for sure. Glad you are enjoying the weather and time outside. Outside right now is what keeps me (mostly) sane. :D;)

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Gina B 2000 Steps, Yoga Ab Blast,
    and LIS Total Body Trisets and Pyramid Pump Biceps. I was really dragging today and forced myself to do the LIS Total Body Trisets workout, but it was not what was on my schedule so I had a senior moment and picked the wrong workout! LOL

Laurie, great workout! How does the radon system work? Is it some kind of alarm? How exciting about the new roof! Leaving the garage door open can be a big problem with critters getting in there.
    Congrats on preordering Kelly's new workouts!!

We really are spoiled with our good production DVDs! Jessica has a good system going for sure. Gina B is also very good. The workout that froze on me wasn't Billy's issue. I think it had to do with our crappy internet service here in the mountains. There was a video where he didn't even know where the stereo system was so he could start the music! LOL. I still can't get over the decor in his house. It is so wrong and so dated. I think he didn't give options on the bands because it was only a 30-minute workout.
    If you have Cathe's LITE series you should see how she uses the bands to do the same thing Billy does with those elastic bands.

Erika, sorry your son is sick! Good idea to have kept him home! I hope he's feeling better now. Good for you for getting your STS workout in after the crazy day you had!

Thanks so much for the view comments. We feel very blessed to have it.
    I've been loving my workouts this week a lot! I had to keep going with my morning cardio workout even though it froze because I had a Zoom class in 25 minutes and I didn't have time to find another workout. I've found that if I do a little cardio first thing in the morning, it helps to wake my body up.

Laurel, great workouts! OMG, I don't think I would ever pick the 87-minute premix! Good for you! Great idea to have those dead trees removed before they cause any damage. I can't believe the people your neighbor hired to remove the trees left the dead tree in his yard!

I found that the Pyramid Pump body part segments can be very effective if you use heavier weights than what Cathe is suggesting. You would probably have to repeat the segment a couple of times.
    I really liked the Biceps segment I did today.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2020
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a favorite with LITE Metabolic Conditioning. I was sweating buckets, felt great. :D

Erika, I hope your DS starts to feeling better. My co-workers son had a fever and headache last week, and it went away just as fast as it came. Probably another bug going around. :/ Nice job on your workout. I think that we have all had that feeling about a workout on a given day. We always feel so good after we pop that DVD in. We are in one of those states that requires you to have a radon system if you sell your house and it test higher than the limit. Ours was just above, and since we are doing the roof it was a good time to put the system in so that we don't have the piping outside the house looking ugly. ;) I can already notice a difference in how the air smells in the basement. We will probably be selling in 5-10 years anyway. Nice that you ordered Kelly's workout too.

Laurel, Nice workouts! I don't blame you for wanting those trees taken down. We had that situation last year with a tree by our driveway. I couldn't even tell that we had a tree taken down and branches trimmed, the guys took all the debris away. I'm with you on going for it taking the problem trees away. :) We have chipmunks digging holes also, and dh bought these ultra sonic things that he is going to put by our septic system. The dang things are digging right by the pipes, just glad that they have not chewed their way into the pipes. This is crap we have to deal with with fruit bearing trees. :p

Thelma, LOL about your workout mix-up. Good job getting your workouts all in despite not feeling all that wonderful. A radon system is basically a pipe that goes from the drain tiles in our basement and out the roof of our garage. There is a fan that thankfully is in the garage (since it runs all the time), and it is sucking the air out the roof. We also replaced our sump pumps with ones for radon systems, they have some type of special cover. We have to do another test this next week to see if the $ we spent improved our test results. It seems like this year the animals are just all over the place in our garage, DH has chased birds, squirrels, and chipmunks out. I have done that band workout of Cathe's, so that does give me some ideas. Thanks!

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Muscle Meltdown Shoulders followed by XT Supercuts. I did my own version of ‘extreme’ with this workout because I don’t like that Cathe actually dropped a couple of core moves in her ‘extreme’ version. And my version was also shorter. :D I repeated 12 moves instead of the 18 she repeats. After a bit of a break, I also did a 30 minute Climb ride from Peloton.

Thelma, great workouts! That LiS Trisets workout is a tough one to pick on a day you were dragging. :o Great job with it. Thank you for your feedback on the Pyramid Pump single body part segments. I had wondered if maybe doubling them would make it feel more effective. I might give them a try during one of these metabolic/circuit weeks, though, just to see how they feel.

Laurie, great workout! I had toyed between doing that one this morning or Supercuts, and decided on the latter only because I know it has been forever since I last did it. But I still like the LITE workout better. B) So it sounds like DH and I aren’t the only ones struggling with critters this year. Between the raccoons, squirrels and chipmunks, I am almost ready to turn over the keys to the house to them all. :p I hope those sonic devices work. We used those for mice in Colorado and that, plus traps, did get rid of them.

Hope you enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies, TGIF!!!

Yesterday was no workout, I worked a full day and then spent the evening with my son. We had pizza, pop (which I normally don't drink), some candy and watched a movie. It was really nice to have some 1 on 1 time with just him. This morning we had our virtual doctor visit, as our clinic is not physically open (and I found out many are not...didn't know that). We determined he's got a bug, but she doesn't think it's COVID because he has no cough or shortness of breath. As of right now, he's fever free (first time in 5 days) and feeling good. She said to keep him home all weekend and if his fever stays away all weekend, he should be good next week to resume normal activity for sports. Whew!

Laurie, good idea to get the system in with the new roof. I think we did ours first and then had to do the roof later, but it was our last house so I didn't care too much about the look, but rather that we would likely need to have it done to sell (wasn't a requirement back then, but may be now). I'm glad to hear someone else had a similar bug to what my son has. I felt like I was going a little crazy when talking to the Dr. as he did have a lot of symptoms and high fever and then this morning nothing...of course! That Metabolic workout always has me sweating buckets, but it's not the kind of exhaustion I feel from something like her Hiit DVD. I love it too!

Laurel, that pre-mix sounds like a butt kicker! I've done all of those separately, but not together. I bet it was fun! Good job with getting the tree removal lined up, you'll be glad you did! It's so crazy to me how expensive it is, and they make it look so easy with how fast it's done! I'm sure your DH will be happy to have it done when he returns!!

Thelma, well if you had to pick a wrong workout, I'd say the Total Body Trisets is a good one. I like that one and it seems to go at a good pace. I hear you with the dragging though...I have been having some of that with my non STS workouts, but it's random. Not sure if it's the workout, my mood, the weather or stress!

Tami, Hi!!

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm going to spend lots of time snuggling my 16 yo (he actually doesn't mind it, since I don't get much time to spend with him since work is always so busy) and watching movies this weekend! :)

Erika
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all the last couple days. Wednesday I went home and did a nice Peloton ride, short and sweet. DH was making dinner so I felt I needed to cut it short. Yesterday was PHA 3 and no workout tonight, headed to the family property celebrate Father’s Day with the in-laws and my BIL/SIL and step son, his girlfriend and little girl. Should be really nice and the weather is supposed to be fantastic! :)

Thelma: Awesome job with all your workouts this week and the variety as well. Thank you for the kudos on my KCM workout. It was really a great mix and reminded me every time I do her workouts how much I like the moves in them + the KB is always fun. I love that story about not even knowing you had a million $$$ view from your house. That is so great. I am sure you were both in total shock. How is your aunt doing? :'(<3

Laurie: Way to go with the workouts this week as well! Are you excited to start the “Look Great in 8” rotation? As I told Laurel, this will be me hitting the reset button once again and get UP in the early a.m. so I get those workouts in. Some week nights are ok, but it is nice to have a little more freedom in the evenings to do a bike ride.
    Help keep me on track!! I went ahead and pre-ordered those KCM DVD’s also! I am such a sucker, but they do look like workouts I will really enjoy.

Erika: Sounds like you are crazy busy in every direction right now! I know the feeling (at least in the work dept.) hang in there friend! Good job pushing through and getting that leg workout in. Your weekend sounds like it will be very relaxing and much needed down time.

Laurel: Good grief on me being behind “again” … although I did do whatever feels good all week and enjoyed each one I picked, so really I am right with the “Team” here, right? Thanks for letting me know. I plan on starting Sunday if I am not too tired from camping and depends when we get back too. WOWSA on the 87 min pre-mix! I love that Metabolic Total Body workout, I will have to look closer at some of those pre-mixes. One that long will be for a Sat or Sun but sounds fantastic. Your ICE Muscle Meltdown Shoulders followed by XT Supercuts sounds like another long workout but great combo! Way to work!

Have a great weekend ladies! Talk to you on Monday :)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. DH and I had a fantastic weekend. DH had Friday off so in the morning he made us breakfast and we went to our local nursery to buy new plants for our deck.
    In the afternoon we went to a meat market about 45 south of BR and got some fresh beef. On our way there I spotted a Mexican bakery! OMG, I'm in trouble! We weren't around a lot of people but we were the only ones wearing a mask.

On Saturday morning DH made us breakfast again and we spent a couple of hours practicing our container gardening skills. We were pretty happy with our results. Instead of paying a fortune for mixed baskets, we created our own.

We marinated our steak in a Hispanic marinade called Mojo for 48 hours. It is a Goya product. It was delicious and very tender!

My workout on Friday was a Gina B low impact workout. Today I went back to LIS Total Body Trisets but did one of the Express premixes because I felt tired.

There were a couple of storms on Friday and one today that gave us a lot of rain; which we badly needed.

This is one of the planters we put together on Saturday. This feels very tropical.
    k933fw5p4mf3.jpg

Laurie, great job with the LITE workout. Definitely a good one! Wow, I had no idea a radon system was that involved. Great idea to replace those sump pumps too. I hope your next radon test gives you improved results. We've chased squirrels and birds out of our garage. I don't like to leave it open for long periods of time because of the critters.

Laurel, awesome workout on Friday. Great doing your own version of the extreme premix!
    I think you can make those Pyramid Pump segments very effective if you use heavy weights too. I know one set won't be enough for you.

Erika, I am so glad your son is doing better. I hope he'll be ready to resume his sports activities this week.

Total Body Trisets is really a good one. I did it again today but an express premix. Your body may also be tired from all that heavy lifting. Laurel and I felt tired from the heavy lifting we did during the last rotation.

Tami, great job getting your workouts in! I love those PHA workouts! I hope your family's Father's Day celebration was a lot of fun.

I haven't done a KCM workout in a long time you're making me want to try one!
    Thanks for asking about my aunt. She is not doing well. She misses her husband very much and only finds comfort when she visits his grave; which could be twice a day during the weekend. She doesn't eat or sleep much and wants to quit her job. If she quit her job I'm sure she'll spend the entire day crying or visiting my uncle's grave.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    edited June 2020
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice weekend, I finished the quilt that I started for Rocket. At first he wasn't so sure about it, but he was laying on it yesterday. So I was busy finishing that up on Saturday. On Sunday we went to a party for my niece and nephew. My niece turned 16 and my nephew celebrated his confirmation. It was a hot sunny day, and I manged to burn myself. Probably because we did the top down on the convertible. :D It was nice to have the car out and about.

This week is the roof tear off and replacement. I'm going to send Rocket to an extra day of daycare, because he would be going crazy inside the house watching these people in his yard. :D

This morning was Total Body Trisets ~ Total Body Scrambled Express. Good workout, and I don't think that I have every tried the scrambled premix before.

Laurel, Nice that you made that workout yours! I have not done Supercuts in quite a while either, so might have to put that one on the agenda for a different week. I have that same feeling about the critters, and I think that DH is also feeling that way. I just hope these measures work to get some control.

Erika, Very glad to hear that your DS probably doesn't have C19. Of course each person is different, but still a good thing. Interesting that your Dr's are not seeing in person yet. Everyone that I know of has been in for their physicals, and the doctors are calling them if they had appointments. Your ds's symptoms are different, and that they probably don't want someone with a fever at the office. I love the sound of your day, sometimes you just have to take the time to do those normal things. It is nice to get all these house projects taken care of, they have been on our list of things for a while.

Tami, Great job on your workouts! Very nice that you where able to visit with your family. I know that I have seen my brothers and sisters a lot more during all of this than I have in previous years. Guess having everything cancelled, the only thing to do is visit family. :D I think I'm feeling that same way with the reset button. I'm looking forward to doing some more structure, but doing workouts that I want to do. I think that you will not regret the purchase. She posted some information, and it looks like instead of just two 30 min. workouts, she is giving three. And a bunch of premixes. At least that is what Kelly said.

Thelma, So glad that you had a wonderful weekend. Now I need to know what would be your favorite thing to purchase at the Mexican Bakery. I'm sure that it had to be a wonderful surprise to find that. I make my own creations with flowers also, and yours has some really good color to it. ;) The steak sounds great, and I'm sure that it tasted fantastic. Awesome job on your workouts! We usually keep our garage doors closed, but dh leaves one open when he is working in there. Those critters just come on in while he is in there. :o

Here is the quilt!

o4qcp8se1uel.jpg

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies, Happy Monday!

I had a fabulous relaxing weekend, it's just what I needed. Cut out of work a little early Friday and soaked up a lot of time with my oldest DS, which included all of his fave foods for meals all weekend (he's pretty easy to please!) and ice cream for dessert. We hauled our new bed in and old bed to the basement bedroom on Friday afternoon...what a workout! Still got in my final STS of Meso 2, even though moving a king bed down and another up was exhausting. We watched a movie each night of the weekend and he told me at the end of the weekend how nice it was to have some 1 on 1 time with me, and that I didn't have to be working.

My DH and youngest DS came home around lunchtime Sunday and had a blast fishing. They brought home a bunch of lake trout, which we had for dinner as a family on Sunday night as we enjoyed the last few hours of Father's Day.

Saturday I took a rest day, but DS took the dogs for a walk with me. Yesterday was KCM Body Shop, workout 1. This week is active rest...probably some KCM 30 minute workouts this week.

Thelma, I'm drooling over your steak, it sounds delicious! What did you get at the mexican bakery?? Great job on the planter, it looks beautiful! Great job on your workouts, and especially getting one in when tired. Those express workouts are a great option to get in some movement, even when you don't feel like it!

Laurie, that quilt is gorgeous!!! I like bright colors, so that is right up my alley! Sounds like you had a nice family gathering, despite the sun burn. I'm envious of your convertible...sounds like a dream in the warm, sunny weather! I've only ever been on 1 convertible and it was so fun!

Tami, sounds like a wonderful Father's Day get together!! I'm so happy to hear that people are gathering more, as I feel like we've all been missing that so much!! Great Peloton ride and PHA3!

Hi Laurel!

Have a great day!

Erika

• StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Mine was pretty quiet, but also a nice blend of productive and relaxing. I got some work done around the house and garden, but also managed to finish both a puzzle and a book. In other words, it was a win-win for me. :D For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Interval Walk followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Peloton. Yesterday was Muscle Max followed by a 30 minute spin. Today.....I revised my initial plan, which was to do a mat workout. Just isn’t going to happen this week, so I revised it to Barre instead. I keep trying to want to do those long mat workouts of Cathe’s (like ICE To The Mat), but it still isn’t happening. So today’s workout was Cathe Live Lower Body Barre and Weights followed by Cathe Live All Low Impact Kickboxing and HiiT Plus Core. This latter workout was filmed a couple of weeks ago and is a really nice moderate workout, which was perfect for today. I am going to admit that I am loving these Cathe Live One-On-One workouts. I will be happy to see her class back if that means the situation with the virus is better, but, for right now, I am loving this option.

Tami, hope you enjoyed your weekend with family and that the weather stayed good for it. Great workouts! And, yes, you are definitely with the Team now! Of course you are always with the Team here. :)

Thelma, beautiful flowers! I am glad you enjoyed the weekend and got out and about a bit. The steak sounds wonderful! I am sorry to hear your aunt is still suffering so. But grief is a process that just can’t be rushed. Great job with the workouts.

Laurie, I love that quilt! The colors are so bright, and it has a doggie pattern, right? I enlarged it, and I think I can see a puppy with its tongue out. Too cute! I have no doubt Rocket will grow to love it. Glad you enjoyed the day out with family despite the sunburn. I hope everything goes well with the roof this week. Not a fun process, but so nice when it is done. Great workout this morning!

Erika, I love the sound of your weekend with your DS. To spend a weekend with a teenager like that, and have them be a willing participant :) speaks volumes about your relationship with your sons. I am glad he is feeling better and the doc was pretty sure it wasn’t COVID. I am also glad your DH and youngest enjoyed their weekend away. Great job getting in the Meso 2 workout despite moving furniture! King beds are NO fun to move, that’s for sure. But I bet it’s nice to have a new bed.

So the tree guys showed up this morning just after 10:00am, and 90 minutes later, both trees are down! :o Now they just need to chop them and load them on their trailer. Amazing how quickly that happened. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hello Ladies & Happy Monday! :) Weekend was really nice, not the weather unfortunately (P.S. Our weather now is absolutely sunshine and gorgeous, all week actually, mid 80’s to 90 degrees) but really nice to have all of DH’s family together and lots of dogs a few little kids and good laughs. I also nearly finished my book. Bernie was absolutely exhausted when we got home. All the interaction with other dogs and kids. He can’t keep up at all but when they come to him he loves the attention. He is up and down a lot more than his normal day so it was a lot, plus traveling in the dog house back and forth. When I got home yesterday after groceries put away, a quick trip to the store for the week’s supply and laundry I did a nice 30-min Peloton Ride. Today is STS Total Body.

Thelma: Sounds like a really nice weekend for you and DH. I love that you two enjoy doing fun things together and that you found a Mexican bakery. Your steak sounds delicious. Our time was very nice. My mother-in-law kept saying how much this meant to DH’s dad to have all “the boys” together and they took a group photo right before we left yesterday (since it wasn’t raining .. lol). That is so heart breaking about your aunt, I am sorry to hear she isn’t doing well. I hope she continues to try and keep working best she can. Once she can get through a little bit of the grief it will help to stay busy. Even while she is going through it. I would imagine they are all really understanding.

Laurie: Your quilt is absolutely beautiful! Love all the colors and patterns you put together. I bet it feels really nice to be have it all done. Your weekend sounds very nice with family and the top down on the convertible. Way to go with your Tri-Sets total body; I made a note of that “time saver” pre-mix to do this week. I love that workout but don’t really have 90 minutes during the week. Way to go! That is awesome to hear about the new KCM workouts! She always does such a great job with her pre-mixes.

Erika: So good to hear you had a fabulous weekend! I bet that was just as special for him and you will both remember it. Congrats on finishing up Meso 2 as well!!! Your KCM active recovery week sounds perfect.

Laurel: Being productive while also getting in some relaxation and great workouts sounds like a fantastic weekend! Way to go. Sounds like you made the perfect choice by doing the on-on-one workouts LIVE vs. the Barre and/or Mat workout. I really have to get motivated to do those style workouts, once I do them I am glad I did but usually struggling mentally throughout. LOL I’m glad I am with the Team again. Looking forward to pushing myself and staying on track.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami