you might be a RUNNER if....

Replies

• ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    If you have your husband take pictures of you after you have completed a longer than normal run! JUST ME? lol
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    You might be a runner if:

You put deodorant on your thighs to help with chafing!
    You see someone else out running and you want to shout woo-hoo go!! and clap for them!
    You get up at 5 am on a Sat morning so you can go run before it gets too hot!
    Walking pisses you off!
    You put your car key in your sports bra!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    You mangled an expensive car key to separate the key blade from the fob to make it less annoying to bring with you on runs

Yeah, I did that... and then my car thought I was stealing it. Fun times.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    You mangled an expensive car key to separate the key blade from the fob to make it less annoying to bring with you on runs

Yeah, I did that... and then my car thought I was stealing it. Fun times.

LOL- I actually bought a car with a door keypad so I wouldn't have to carry my key with me running!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    it's the baby just like the marathon is the grand daddy of races!

I'm sorry, but as long as the Leadville 100 is run, the marathon is not, in fact, the grand daddy of races. More like the cool uncle.

And isn't there a 200 mile race across Death Valley. That would qualify for some kind of patriarchal status.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    You get back from your long run on your day off and everyone else is still in bed.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    ... you have 3 pairs of shoes to choose from when running on pavement, one pair of shoes for running on smooth gravel/dirt trails, one pair of shoes for running on rocky/steep trails, and yet another pair with sheet metal screws in the soles for when you need to run on ice.

...if you take two pairs of running shoes with you on a business trip.

...if you spend an hour on Google Earth in every city you go to trying to find the perfect place to run.
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    You might be a runner if you get more excited to buy new workout clothes, a HRM, running sneakers, etc,. than you are when buying "normal" clothing.

PS. I love the laundry comment!! I always get happy when I do my laundry and have my favorite running clothes all nice and clean. :bigsmile:
  • pucenavel
    you might be a runner -- if you have ever painted the spot on your toe where your toenail SHOULD be :bigsmile:

Ha!

My toenail fell off last night!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    it's the baby just like the marathon is the grand daddy of races!

I'm sorry, but as long as the Leadville 100 is run, the marathon is not, in fact, the grand daddy of races. More like the cool uncle.

I heard a rummor that less then 1% of the population has ran a marathon in their lifetime so the Leadville is outta this world and there for is for aliens.
  • pucenavel
    I have a friend that runs the Leadville 100 every year - he also runs the Grand County 100 and various other 50 milers.

When he's training, he runs a marathon once a week early in the morning...

...on a weekday...

...before work...

...on steep/rough terrain...

...at 7000 feet elevation...

..he's gone beyond being a runner - more like some sort of lunatic.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member

And isn't there a 200 mile race across Death Valley. That would qualify for some kind of patriarchal status.

The Badwater Ultra is only 135 miles. Not that I have - or will ever - run it.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    I have a friend that runs the Leadville 100 every year - he also runs the Grand County 100 and various other 50 milers.

When he's training, he runs a marathon once a week early in the morning...

...on a weekday...

...before work...

...on steep/rough terrain...

...at 7000 feet elevation...

..he's gone beyond being a runner - more like some sort of lunatic.

There is maybe something wrong with your friend. Seriously wrong. Like perhaps he's an alien.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    ... you have to ponder how to best protect your nipples for chafing ... ok, so a guy thing ... but a runner thing too.

Today was not fun ... ow ... used to wonder why so many guys ran shirtless ... thought it was for show ... HA! Now I know ...
  • pucenavel
    ... you have to ponder how to best protect your nipples for chafing ... ok, so a guy thing ... but a runner thing too.

Today was not fun ... ow ... used to wonder why so many guys ran shirtless ... thought it was for show ... HA! Now I know ...

...you would never consider shaving/waxing your chest for fear of nipple chafing on a long run.

I need that pad of hair for protection, man!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363

It's pretty bad when you finish a run in a fairly crowded place and realize that your nipples have bled through your shirt :|
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Ugh ... :(
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    You might be a runner if you have more 'running socks' then normal socks.

&&&&&

you are actually happy about doing laundry because now you will have clean running clothes.

^^LOL, I just did laundry and now have 2 clean bras and a whole parsel of clean running socks! BAZINGA!!!

• ***And I was scheduled to do my 1st 1/2 marathon last Sat, but I had to go on a business trip.*****

Holy CRAP. :noway: That is SOOOOO not right. You are going to nail that puppy when it comes.

I think the next one in my area is in November. I think I'm going to push up to make it a full marathon instead. I need to get new shoes 1st.
  • ... you have to ponder how to best protect your nipples for chafing ... ok, so a guy thing ... but a runner thing too.

It's pretty bad when you finish a run in a fairly crowded place and realize that your nipples have bled through your shirt :|

Oh snap! I didn't know other people had that problem too! I thought my wife's pregnancy hormones were affecting me or something.
    So, really, what are you supposed to do to prevent it?