you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    -You have made a hotel reservation in August 2012 for the Boston marathon in April 2013 to be sure you have a place to stay. Even though you haven't registered for the race yet!

-When invited out for dinner on a Saturday night, you're not afraid to ask what's on the menu and do you mind if I leave early to get up at 6am for Sunday morning long run.

-When your walking up a steep hill you think, it'd be easier to run up.

-You have your vacations planned for the next 3 years. New York, November 2012, Boston 2013, Colorado (Trans-Rockies) 2014

-You love the smell of new running shoes.

-You have a love/hate thing going with Bart Yasso for coming up with Yasso 800's
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Not just a guy thing!
    ... you have to ponder how to best protect your nipples for chafing ... ok, so a guy thing ... but a runner thing too.

Today was not fun ... ow ... used to wonder why so many guys ran shirtless ... thought it was for show ... HA! Now I know ...
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you love your brooks!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    my friends just shake their head when I say "it was only a marathon" ....
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    ... you have to ponder how to best protect your nipples for chafing ... ok, so a guy thing ... but a runner thing too.

Today was not fun ... ow ... used to wonder why so many guys ran shirtless ... thought it was for show ... HA! Now I know ...

It's pretty bad when you finish a run in a fairly crowded place and realize that your nipples have bled through your shirt :|

Oh snap! I didn't know other people had that problem too! I thought my wife's pregnancy hormones were affecting me or something.
    So, really, what are you supposed to do to prevent it?

I've only really had that problem when wearing cotton shirts. If you buy shirts that are really designed for running, ie lightweight, sweat-wicking, tighter-fit, made of synthetic materials, it gets a lot better. Beyond that, though, there are some other threads you could search for here that have a lot more options.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Nope, not just you! :|

And unfortunately camrunner I've had this now with my running/wicking shirts :( ... guess I'm just "lucky" ... but as camrunner said, there are other threads on here so I'd go take a peek ... I plan to simply run shirtless if the weather is ok, and look into investing in a "compression top" I think they call it? ... dunno ... to avoid the rubbing ...
    Oh snap! I didn't know other people had that problem too! I thought my wife's pregnancy hormones were affecting me or something.
    So, really, what are you supposed to do to prevent it?
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    So sorry to hear this! :(
    Not just a guy thing!

• pdworkman
    Options
    And women don't generally have the option of running shirtless. It was quite a shock for me on my first 10K run to come home with bleeding nipples, chafed or bleeding bra band, shoulder straps, armpits, belly button, and panty line. Ouch. I could hardly move and quickly found out about second skin burn dressings. Though some places, I couldn't use them . . .

Men might have a couple of places where they are more prone to chafing than women, but have probably never had to deal with tampon string chafing either.

So sorry to hear this! :(
    Not just a guy thing!

• lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    And women don't generally have the option of running shirtless. It was quite a shock for me on my first 10K run to come home with bleeding nipples, chafed or bleeding bra band, shoulder straps, armpits, belly button, and panty line. Ouch. I could hardly move and quickly found out about second skin burn dressings. Though some places, I couldn't use them . . .

I've never chafed anywhere and certainly never to the point I've bled. Perhaps reevaluate your clothing choices?

Just last Saturday I encountered a group of nude runners, all women. Some of them have been nude running a long time. Also, gravity works.
  • pdworkman
    Options
    Believe me, I did! Changes in clothing choices, using a lubricant, etc. I still get some chafing occasionally, but not nearly that bad.

I've never chafed anywhere and certainly never to the point I've bled. Perhaps reevaluate your clothing choices?

Just last Saturday I encountered a group of nude runners, all women. Some of them have been nude running a long time. Also, gravity works.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

And isn't there a 200 mile race across Death Valley. That would qualify for some kind of patriarchal status.

The Badwater Ultra is only 135 miles. Not that I have - or will ever - run it.

Yeah, ONLY......
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    when you run in a forest while its near 100 degrees! why do you say im crazy? :bigsmile:
  • pdworkman
    Options
    . . . if you have nightmares about sleeping through your alarm or other circumstances making you miss your morning run!

(I'm always so relieved to wake up and find out that I haven't missed it!)
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if, you have more sports bras then regular bras.

Wait they make regular bras????? :laugh:
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ...this shot of the beach where you're going on honeymoon looks more barefoot running than bikini

ScreenShot2012-08-03at130048.png
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You woke up too late to do your morning run before work yesterday morning (but still early enough to be to work on time) so you called in late to work.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You woke up too late to do your morning run before work yesterday morning (but still early enough to be to work on time) so you called in late to work.

True story.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I was going to add something to this, but based off most of these posts, I've concluded I'm not a true runner

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
    Beautiful.

When you're running outdoors around the block and venture too much into the street while listening to loud music and trying to push it hard, you forget about cars... Oops.
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    if ...

You are leaving for a 6 day trip/vacation and the first thing you make sure you pack is your running gear ... :)
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    all day at work you can't stop thinking about the new running shoes you just bought but haven't tried yet... (til tonight)