Most embarrassing "fat" moment....

Options
Before I started losing weight, I was at the hospital visiting my grandpa. A volunteer who drove the little shuttle thingy to the front door came to me as I was walking across the parking lot, and asked me if I needed a ride to the MATERNITY section of the hospital...I was so mortified I wanted to die!! I would say that was my defining moment...I will never be mistaken for pregnant again! Ok, your turn!!!

Replies

• Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    was told "we don't carry your size in this store" when I was shopping with a friend.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    My little sister (who is adopted) was about 7 years old and with me in a plus size store changing room. She looked at me and said... do you even have a belly button?

She meant well but it still hurt.
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    when teachers in high school thought you were pregnant. :/ Take it, I just graduated and I'm still a virgin, but it still hurt. :/
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The day I couldn't fit on the roller coaster and had to send my baby brother who was 8-9 years old at the time ALONE on it by himself.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i got stuck in between a Spinning Bike at the gym. i got STUCK bc my legs weakend and i slipped in between the handle bars and seat.... talk about discouragement--- and no one helped
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The day I couldn't fit on the roller coaster and had to send my baby brother who was 8-9 years old at the time ALONE on it by himself.

This and add that I had to get off the roller coaster and everyone was staring!
  • nikilovesaxl
    Options
    My high school math teacher asked me several times if I was pregnant. I'm not sure if he meant it as a joke or if he was serious but it hurt pretty bad.
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    Options
    when my 8yr old daughter told me to go on the biggest loser....."because you look just like them, mammy" ouch:embarassed:
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Going on a treadmill for the first time ever.. Thinking it will be fine, but knowing full well I didn't know how it worked...yeah. I fell right off that thing..shirt flipped up.. belly everywhere.. *kitten* in the air.. Very humiliating.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    this isn't mine personally but I used to work at Six Flags New England as a ride operator, and sometimes I would have to be the one checking seat belts. Telling people that it wouldn't be safe for them to ride because I couldn't buckle their seat belt or push down the harness... ouch :/ I always felt so bad for them.

Mine would be going shopping with a girl I really liked and the enire time she asked me why I wasn't trying on any clothes.. I was too ashamed to tell her I shop plus size. Sad.
  • GlitterSlinky
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend's son told me I had fat legs :embarassed: He was 4 at the time.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood, and a guy driving past yelled out the window "Go on a f***ing diet fatso" at me

I think the OP was talking about your most embarrassing moment, not some *kitten*' in a car.
  • aweltha
    aweltha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There are so many! Luckily I have a sense of humor! The most recent was when I was outside sitting in one of those cheap plastic white lawn chairs that you buy at Walmart and when I stood up it came up with me. I was wedged so deeply into the chair it was stuck to my butt!
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sitting in an airline seat and desperately trying to reduce the size of my hips so the guy next to me wouldn't have to touch me. Of course, I failed. Poor guy. He was miserable the entire trip.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Not being able to fit into an amusement park ride at the boardwalk.

I had to sit there while the attendants tried to stuff the protective bar into place and lock me in.
    Finally, they gave up and I had to do the walk of shame in front of a few dozen snickering on-lookers wondering what the hold up was.

I cried and wanted to go home. Then ended up feeling even worse knowing I had ruined the whole day for everyone because of my insecurity and weight.

It makes me want to cry thinking about it now... :'(
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood, and a guy driving past yelled out the window "Go on a f***ing diet fatso" at me

wow....some nerve.
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    My little sister (who is adopted) was about 7 years old and with me in a plus size store changing room. She looked at me and said... do you even have a belly button?

She meant well but it still hurt.

kids don't lie do they?
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

This was my first one. I got to a point where my husband could "squeeze" me into roller coaster seats by a lot of pushing on the harnesses. One day he just couldn't get the harness down enough. They took me off the ride, and he insisted on getting off with me, and I told him to go ahead and ride. What's worse is that had to release everyone else's harnesses to get me out of the seat, so everybody knew.

But the defining moment that happened to me was that I had tried getting pregnant for almost 6 months. I couldn't, so I visited my doctor, and she told me I had to lose 50 pounds before she'd even CONSIDER giving me fertility meds because of my weight.

I've actually lost enough already that I am ovulating for the first time in my life, but I don't ever want my weight to be an issue again, so I've put off getting pregnant until next July and I'm working on getting my body right before then.
  • marissah2005
    marissah2005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was also congratulated for being pregnant. I've never had a flat belly, but gees! She was a nice old lady at church - I know she meant well, but that hurt more than I wanted to admit.
    I was wearing a dress for the first time in months that day because I had lost 4 pounds. I was feeling great until that moment.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    I was in the hospital having a day surgery and I couldn't fit in the wheelchair...They had to get a bigger one for me.